Options

Tier 28 Out on IOS

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
Tier 28 released on IOS, right on (the new 14 day) Schedule. Razorblade V Campaign due tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Holy Cow Batman !!!

I was updating the drone again, so now I have a new 15B Diamond repository, I guess. :(
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    So far nothing looks different on the new Tier. Opponents are slightly harder, but not much. No increase in Vaults, though I am finding an occasional 17M+ Vault.
  • Options
    Well ... I guess TIER 28 has arrived on Google Play for I just raided a New Record High Vault: 19.53M Diamonds, which was immediately followed by another record vault: 19.71M Diamonds.

Screenshot_20160809-191358.png?psid=1

This was to be expected since a 19.5M payout would represent a 34.5% increase over TIER 27; I cannot be sure what the base costs increase will be until the TIER 28 Stats are unlocked (I was expecting a 50% increase in costs) ... however ...
    ... the TIER 28 STATS INCREASED cost is only 515.1M (identical to TIER 27 Stats). This could mean that defense base upgrade costs have finally "flat-lined".

I shall confirm this in: 03:59:56 when the TIER 28 Stats are actually unlocked. Ooh Rah :cool:

Additionally, since the TIER 28 Battle Cycle has NOT yet started, this could indicate that we will see a "baseline" of 20.5M Diamonds ... not bad at all, considering. :)

So ... we live to fight another day ... C'est Le Vie.
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    So far nothing looks different on the new Tier. Opponents are slightly harder, but not much. No increase in Vaults, though I am finding an occasional 17M+ Vault.

Since the release I'm having low vaults, I was getting over 14M-15M not skipping , everytime a new tier was release I notice that vaults increase this time was the opposive,
    Now I have to skip to many to find a good one.
    any idea why?
  • Options
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    Since the release I'm having low vaults, I was getting over 14M-15M not skipping , everytime a new tier was release I notice that vaults increase this time was the opposive,
    Now I have to skip to many to find a good one.
    any idea why?

No idea. This is new for Glu. Normally vaults increase substantially when you move up a Tier, this time nothing. Who knows!
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    No idea. This is new for Glu. Normally vaults increase substantially when you move up a Tier, this time nothing. Who knows!

Assuming you both have at least 1 x 28.x Primary Weapon @ 100% of rated power ...

This is definitely NOT "No idea. This is new for GLU ...", it's a BUG ... vaults ALWAYS increase by 1/3 each and every TIER; vaults are running @ 19.71M consistently and will top 20.0M in short order.

Screenshot_20160810-031711.png?psid=1

With base upgrades costing 15B+ Diamonds, I think you should put in a ticket immediately !!!

Early projections of TIER 28 Defense Base Upgrade Costs can be found here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?169154-Should-We-Use-GOLD-or-DIAMONDS-for-UPGRADES&p=486399&viewfull=1#post486399
  • Options
    Screenshot_20160810-080843.png?psid=1

New Record High Vault Take: 21.33M Diamonds. :cool: New Minimum Sized Vault: 20.0M Diamonds.

I'm in ... for now anyways; it's a TIER-to-TIER existence nowadays.

I'm down to my last 50 FULL ENERGY purchased during the final "Sweet Spot" VIP Event more than one month ago; just about enough for one more Global Event if I squeeze out every last drop.

Has anyone else noticed that there hasn't been an ASSAULT WEAPON up for grabs all Summer long?
    I'm starting to take this personally. :)

Although the ASSAULT is my favorite, I will continue my boycott "until the cows come home" which is going to be a pretty long time, I suppose ... it's a matter of principal, right?
  • Options
    MjulienMjulien Registered Users 119 Posts
    Scorpion! You know you love it bro~
    MJ
  • Options
    :) I never said I didn't "love it" (figuratively speaking) ... I'll leave it there for we know what time it is.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ...

New Record High Vault Take: 22.12M Diamonds ... How high can we go? :cool:

UPDATE: I've raided 1/2 dozen or so 22.12M vaults, so for now that appears to be the maximum.

CHECK: that was short lived; New Record High Vault Take: 22.18M Diamonds.
  • Options
    Good Morning Agents ...

The TIER 28 Battle Cycle formally begins and along with it a nice bump in payouts.

New Record High Vault Take: 22.88M Diamonds. :cool: I'm raising the "baseline" to 21.0M Diamonds.

I see payouts topping 23.0M Diamonds in the near future and we can expect to see 24.0M Maximum Raided Vault Sizes by the halfway point.

Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    Screenshot_20160811-084141.png?psid=1

It's been about 2 hours of PvP after the TIER 28 Battle Cycle started, the above represents pretty much a typical sequence of PvP Victories along with raided vault diamonds. All opponents were located within 1-3 "Find Targets", so it's difficult to state where the payout ceiling actually is.

New Record High Vault Take: 23.46M Diamonds.

The new "baseline" (average) now stands at 21.0M Diamonds and I'm bypassing anything less than 20.0M Diamonds.

Raising the "baseline" to 21.0M Diamonds is of special note since it represents an increase of 50% over the TIER 27 "baseline" of 14.0M Diamonds. Costs have risen by approximately 50%, by comparison, so it's clear that the "campaign" is working agents ... 1st time ever that Costs vs. Payouts are @ parity ...
    ... KUDOS (if you joined the cause) and you're welcome (if you didn't) :cool:

As I predicted earlier, costs may have finally "flat-lined" relative to payouts but a single occurrence does not constitute a trend; let's wait and see, shall we?

Now if we can get some value restored to the VIP Events, I'll be a happy camper. :)

GLU also, finally put an ASSAULT Weapon up for grabs ... Thank You VERY Much !!!
  • Options
    From what I can conclude from a limited number of conversations with other players, there seems to be a little conclusion on how the CKS Match Maker works, how opponents are selected and how payouts are calculated.

Never to be one who takes ANYTHING for granted and to emphasize how important it is for players to "share" their experiences, as well as their current game setup, I'll try to be as clear and concise as possible.

PRIMARY weapons are considered "primary" for good reason; these weapons are used by the Match Maker when selecting an opponent. Knowing how to "manipulate" the CKS Match Maker is just as important as defeating the opponent that it selects for you.

The "magic number' for TIER 28 is 24.16B.

While your secondary weapons (i.e. TESLA and HEAVY) enable you to register PvP Victories, experience has shown that since CKS version 5.0 was released, these weapons are effective in battle for up to 2-3 TIERs beyond it's rating. I use 26.5 rated weapons for battle and they're more than adequate @ TIER 28, but will need to be replaced for TIER 29 (if I'm still playing, that is :))

Primary weapons MUST have a rated power rating EQUAL to or exceeding the "magic number" to attract opponent "bots" that will offer the maximum raided vault sizes. For TIER 28 the SNIPER and ASSAULT should be no less than 28.0 and they usually need to be upgraded to 100% of rated power.

It's important to note that although it's quite obvious that 28.5 or 29.5 rated weapons will achieve the same results, exceeding the "magic number" does nothing for you @ the prevailing tier but attract tougher opponents; vault size does have a maximum payout limit, however.

Finally, since the advent of the 2-week Battle Cycle, I've found it difficult to have both SNIPER (for LR PvP) and ASSAULT (for SR PvP) fully upgraded at the same time. My experience has been alternating SR vs. LR PvP Battles roughly every 2-weeks OR every other overlapping tier, meaning there's usually a brief week during the current tier when I'll have both weapons fully upgraded.

I hope this helps and if you're already aware, then no harm was done by restating this. :cool:

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    Good Morning Agents ...

I suppose that these "posters" figure that anyone who plays a video game as much as we do is in dire need of some sort of "stress relief (release)" ... what say you all?

ROTF-LMAO
    :):):):):)
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Most the guys I know are still at 14-15M payouts, no one has bought the Alligator. I see even bradr is still in the 27/27.5 assault/sniper territory, but he has top 10 won weapons I think, so doing much better.

I think the faster you move ahead, the farther I've fallen behind, base is only 56.25% in Bravo still. Wavering on waving the white flag.

My usual solace, MIRN is now in it's second week of no events what so ever, so morale is at a all time low.
  • Options
    TRY_AGAIN ... the key to keeping vaults up is the SNIPER. I've emphasized this for well over a year; the SNIPER Primary MUST be @ parity with the prevailing TIER; this is nothing new. While we concentrate on the tasks at hand, we must always look ahead to the next tier. You also cannot compare your gameplay to BRAD or anyone else in his "class" ... they would be able to upgrade anything with nothing because of the number of battles they fight.

To be fair ... since my favorite weapon has ALWAYS been the ASSAULT, the role of "primaries" in vault payout calculation may have been a bit more obvious to me than most.

SNIPERs can be acquired and crafted using parts from a variety of sources; nothing new here either as I have dozens of "never used" SNIPER Rifles ... some only lasted for a few days, others only a couple of weeks ...
    ... I've already collected 20 parts for the 29.0 SLINGSHOT and may collect 20 more next week; of course you must be diligent about collecting your free GOLD. Saving it is useless; now more than ever. There should also be a 29.5 SNIPER up for grabs when TIER 29 arrives ... there is definitely no shortage when it comes to SNIPERS.

NOW ... I have stopped upgrading the base in the past. At TIER 23 I had completely stopped for 2 x TIERS (months) and that's when I was able to max out the drone. Once I had nothing else to spend diamonds on, I started to upgrade the base once again.

The GREAT news about taking a hiatus from upgrading the base is that when you resume, the payouts have more than doubled so upgrading the base can be done rather quickly, but it all boils down to PvP Battles for without the time to fight the battles, you cannot perform upgrades.

Even better news is that the cost of upgrades has "flat-lined" @ TIER 28 so if you're going to make up ground, NOW is the time to do it since relative costs are not increasing.

That said, this "not having enough time to perform upgrades" is not unexpected. In fact I predicted that many players would start to find keeping current a "burden" because of the number of PvP battles required to keep up ...
    ... 800 PvP Victories every 2-weeks and holding. :) If you find 50-60 Battles Per Day a chore, well ...

Such is Life at ... The GLU Factory.
  • Options
    Good Morning Boys and Girls ... I'm going to state this once more.

Ever since the introduction of the "new and improved" (now DOA) support drone, this game has been all about one singular purpose ...
    ...DIAMONDS (billions of them) ... and fighting the required PvP Battles to get those diamonds.

Not upgrades and definitely not weapons ... just DIAMONDS, plain and simple.

You acquire enough DIAMONDS (fight enough battles) and everything else will follow, including weapons and upgrades.

Every BAR of GOLD you acquire (or purchase) should go towards fighting more battles so you can win more DIAMONDS.

I cannot think of a simpler objective in gaming (and I've seen plenty).

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    Greetings Agents ...

I wanted to report that the 28.5 CENTIPEDE ASSAULT @ 40% Power is drawing 20.0M-21.0M vaults.

More importantly, I wanted to express my extreme disappointment regarding this latest GLU Upgrade fiasco. For the veterans amongst us, this is nothing new but I find it extraordinary, at this late stage in the CKS lifecycle, that we are still experiencing these types of failures.

*** SMH ***
  • Options
    My Vaults since the IOS "upgrade" are running 18 to 25 Diamonds, only a fraction of the 125 Diamonds it costs to Find Target. Even worse, most PVPs require a Medkit to complete.
  • Options
    bysbysbysbys Registered Users 19 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Greetings Agents ...

I wanted to report that the 28.5 CENTIPEDE ASSAULT @ 40% Power is drawing 20.0M-21.0M vaults.

More importantly, I wanted to express my extreme disappointment regarding this latest GLU Upgrade fiasco. For the veterans amongst us, this is nothing new but I find it extraordinary, at this late stage in the CKS lifecycle, that we are still experiencing these types of failures.

*** SMH ***

We can always count on GLU to f u c k up things...
  • Options
    You've got that right ... if for some ridiculous reason, the developers could NOT actually test the code, how difficult can it be to sit around the conference room table with CALCULATOR apps open and run the numbers?

Even the most inept software developer can count ... it really boggles the mind that these guys could be so wrong, so often.

*** JEEZ ***
  • Options
    The "Upgrade" also involves 80 new Drone levels which will take the drone to 96.64B. There are a bunch of new Drone weaps which max out at 96.64B as well, but they are programmed upside down, so that upgrading Drone weaps actually weakens them. Clearly, Glu has some bugs to work out of this one.
  • Options
    And suddenly, without a New Content Update, 20M+ vaults are back. The Opponents are still much tougher than before, but at least I am getting rewarded for my efforts.
  • Options
    That is GREAT NEWS ... apparently the problem was isolated to some obscure value in some database table on some GLU server and never actually required a Content Update being pushed out to our devices.

Speaking of difficulty, I fought an "extreme" Clan Wars battle this morning that required every SR tactic I could muster to defeat the opponent. :cool:

One of our Clan Members actually lost and that is an extremely rare occurrence.

Also ... Is the drone "right-side UP" now?

KUDOS
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    That is GREAT NEWS ... apparently the problem was isolated to some obscure value in some database table on some GLU server and never actually required a Content Update being pushed out to our devices.

Speaking of difficulty, I fought an "extreme" Clan Wars battle this morning that required every SR tactic I could muster to defeat the opponent. :cool:

One of our Clan Members actually lost and that is an extremely rare occurrence.

Also ... Is the drone "right-side UP" now?

KUDOS

I am following up on the Drone issue now.

The reason that CW opponents are more difficult than standard PVP bots is related to the Clan Level and PC level upgrades. Right now my clan, Elites, is at Level 46, which means that Clan members have an 115 increase in PH, weapons, drone and Medikits. In addition my PC level is 34 which bumps all my values 34%. Combined that is roughly a 50% increase over a "mirror" but. High level CW opponents are tough, particularly with Clan traps thrown into the mix.