Options

What's going on with clan war scheduling?

PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
Ever since the last big update, I've been unable to change my clan's war schedule. 8:00PM and midnight (EST) are checked and grayed out, so I can't uncheck them to change times. Also, the "future" scheduling doesn't appear to be working -- I've changed those times to 10:00AM and 6:00PM (again EST), and the Clan War tab indicates that the time will change on it's countdown to the next war, except that as soon as the time hits 8:00PM (and midnight), a new war pops up and the future schedule never actually propagates to the today schedule.

My assumption, based on complaints I've read on global chat, is that GLU is aware of the issue. However, it hasn't been resolved yet, and being unable to schedule wars is a big problem. Is there a status on when it may be fixed?

I'm in the Amazon group, and am currently the clan leader of ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (that's right, 20 Z's).

Also, and this isn't as big a deal, but it's still an issue: the Clan Leaderboard search used to do "soft matches" -- if I entered 4 Z's and searched, my clan would come up, but that no longer works. Also, since the search field only allows you to enter 16 characters, nobody can enter the 20 characters of my clan's name for an exact match either, so my clan cannot be searched for anymore. Please fix this issue as well.

Comments

• Options
    Update: since I wasn't able to change the Clan War schedule, I promoted Carl1958 to Clan Leader. Perhaps he'll see something I've missed, but I think that Clan War scheduling is simply broken.

I'm unsure why nobody else commented. I guess it's just an issue that Clan Leaders may encounter, which is a pretty small subset of players. Or else maybe it's not broken for everyone, or perhaps so much is broken right now that this isn't a particularly big issue for most players.

However, my clan is stuck in a schedule that isn't convenient for some of the members -- midnight (EST) isn't working out for several. Since GLU has blocked players from moving between clans, we can no longer receive reinforcements from our parent/allied Clan, which allowed us to play that schedule before their change.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I've stated in other threads how screwed up the update has been on Clan Wars. When you ask GLU to fix something, it makes it worse on everyone. And the old bugs like hex resync/restart errors aren't considered to be changed.

There's no way I can do a midnight war, 4 AM, yes, 8 PM is perfect as a working stiff. Ever since we lost Handles as a moderator, there seems to be no forum ear piece anymore. ["I'll pass it on to the dev team"] GLU is making drastic changes to the game to milk every nickel it can from the big spenders, and has dropped any concern for the free players. What was a fun game, is now a race to try and keep up to a vanishing goal post. Only the super players who pay can keep up. Period.

By the way, Python, congratulations on 60K! I'm on the verge of 50K myself, but have always looked up to you as one of Amazon's classier performers. Maybe, a stray eye from the company will glance at your request?
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I hear you TRY_AGAIN and when The SCORPION starts something, he tries to finish it (the closer).

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?220606-Maybe-It-s-Easier-To-Ask-What-Does-Work-in-CKS&p=497942&viewfull=1#post497942

It's a different issue; but ALL is related to the latest update ... so I keep TRYING_AGAIN. :cool:
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Before I begin, thanks for your kind words try_again; I miss talking with you over in ComeGetSome, but feel that Z needs me to stay afloat.

Now to perhaps my last update to this thread: Carl was able to reschedule the midnight war to 10:00AM. He said that when he checked after the 8:00PM war, the midnight one had unlocked, so he was able to unselect it, allowing him to select an earlier slot. Afterward, he returned clan leader to me.

Based on that behavior, I hoped that I'd be able to change the 8:00PM war to 6:00PM after today's 10:00 AM war, but 20:00, 00:00, 06:00, and 10:00 war blocks are greyed/locked. I'd prefer 6:00PM to 8:00PM, but I can live with 8 -- it just means that either my dog has to wait a bit for his walk when I get home, or that I'll miss the beginning of the 8:00 war, which is probably the better choice (when Zuki needs to go, he needs to go).

Also, the clan war countdown timer currently indicates that the next war is at 10:00AM tomorrow, because I changed the future schedule -- I think I'll return the future schedule to 10:00AM and 8:00PM -- the way things have been working, we'll get the next war at 8:00PM regardless, but that will make the countdown timer indicate the correct interval. Maybe I have to arrange changes to the today schedule before changing the future schedule; I just don't know. Regardless of how it ends up working, GLU has really messed up the war scheduling process.

About the inability to search for clan ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ anymore, we just moved up to #20 on the Amazon group all-time clan leaderboard (YEAH!!), so that's how we can be found now, but the clan search feature still needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    I hate to say it, but don't count your chickens before they hatch. I give it a 50/50 you actually have an 8:00PM war.

The Scheduler is more screwed up than you think it is, I'm betting.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    For what it's worth, my CW start times have been all over the place regardless of the schedule. I would say that the leader is successful at times but fails at other times and for me this is a big deal being a creature of habit LOL.

What the hell is up with 20 Z's in your CLAN's name? I would think 3-5 of them would have made your point LMAO.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    We noticed that on the clan war leaderboard, ties were reverse-alpha ordered by clan name, so we named our clan to put us on top. 20 characters was the maximum clan name length; it's a small edge, but sometimes that's all you need.

By the way, I decided to leave our schedule at 10:00AM and 8:00PM EST, and changed the future schedule to match it so the countdown timer until the next match is accurate. Scheduling is still "broken" as far as I'm concerned, but I'm OK with what our schedule is right now, so am leaving it alone until the issues are fixed.
  • Options
    Meant to post back that Joe finally got the 8 PM to stick, so did my other clan, so I finally got a weekday war in!

But I watched both at 8 count down to 0, then both reset to 4 hour countdown. Then, 5 seconds latter, both said Searching for Opponent! Nice fake out, GLU!