Options

TIER 30 Has Been Released

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
Bradley is otherwise indisposed so ...

The cost to INCREASE the TIER 30 STATS: 1.74 Billion Diamonds OR 655 GOLD.

Vaults appear to be up about 15-20%; no noticeable increase in battle difficulty ... yet :cool:

I'll post a complete "projected costs" breakdown once I increase the stats ...
... I still have a weapon to acquire. :)

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION

Comments

• Options
    OK ... I've brought my Player Health up to a modest Level 284 @ 8.59B at that level alone.

Killing the JUGGERNAUT is no more difficult than in TIER 29, coupled with YOU being able to withstand his onslaught, and quite easily I might add, I am therefore going out on a limb and state that PvP Battles "should be" easier for most players using 29.5 Rated weapons @ TIER 30.

This doesn't mean that you shouldn't DUCK; so please don't get too careless ...
    ... but your "battle experience" should improve. :cool:

Also keep in mind that we haven't yet reached the TIER 30 Battle Cycle; early indications are that the battles will be easier however.

My TIER 30 STATS will be increased in 03:59:57 (about 08:30 PM EST) ...
    ... at that time I will post the projected costs for upgrading the TIER 30 DEFENSE BASE.

I'm calling the current Global/League Event(s) a wrap; I'll grab my milestone GOLD tomorrow and prepare for the TIER 30 Battle Cycle by bringing my Player Health to the maximum allowed by law.

*** SMILES ***

08:59 PM EST: TIER 30 Defense Base Projected (conservative) Upgrade Costs can be found here:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?169154-Should-We-Use-GOLD-or-DIAMONDS-for-UPGRADES&p=501946&viewfull=1#post501946
  • Options
    Good Morning Agents ...

I wanted to report several items that may be of interest to those still wielding 29.5 weapons.

(1) FIRST the BAD news: the 29.5 PTAH MKII HEAVY original posted in The Store as 68.45B-100.53B ...
    ... was corrected to 60.40B-92.48B.

Now the GOOD News:

(2) Since most players are still using 29.5 weapons (VIP Event buy-ins aside), I wanted to first report that both LONG RANGE and SHORT RANGE Battles are now winnable WITHOUT the need for grenades or medkits, even AFTER unlocking the TIER 30 STATS.

(3) The 29.5 "Primary" weapons are drawing raided vault sizes running between 35.0M-37.0M Diamonds thus far; that's roughly a 12%-19% increase over the TIER 29 "baseline" of 31.0M Diamonds ...
    ... Not bad considering, but I am still using the TIER 29 baseline of 31.0M for selecting opponents.

(4) After fighting several SR and LR battles this morning, my overall impression is that the "bot" opponent strength did NOT increase moving to TIER 30 from TIER 29. This was measured using two metrics (a) extra equipment, such as grenades or knives, is no longer required in battle (b) with the additional PLAYER HEALTH the battles are quite survivable without the need for medkits.

(5) Although the 29.5 PTAH MKII's maximum power has been corrected downward to 92.48B, I expect this weapon (once fully upgraded) will be quite effective throughout the TIER 30 Battle Cycle.

What are your impressions?

Now go out and get us that 30.x ASSAULT Weapon so we can raid the maximum SR vaults available ... but proceed with extreme caution.

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Yes, it's good to see that equipment is not required now for short attacks. The new Heavy is also helping. It's funny how we now go from a week of Tesla only, to another week of Assault only, to now a week of Heavy only. At least for those that can't afford to upgrade their weapons and try not to get too far behind the new base releases.

I was able to get Sr to level 290 last night, I'll work on Jr tonight and be ready for the Global. Everyone in my clan is seeing the goal of finishing the currently released bases going out of focus. If they stick to a 3 week schedule, this may help a bit.

On MIRN, after 6 weeks of no Global, I now have a maxed out drone, and no drone parts to fuse for those to increase beyond level 5. CC still maintains events will start soon, but no definitive date mentioned.
  • Options
    Good thing equipment is no longer needed :) because I recently fought a SR battle and near the end of the battle I decided to take out the spook with a grenade ... guess what? ...
    ... knocked his health down to 10% but DID NOT kill him :( the rollercoaster ride continues.

So we're back to collecting useless equipment again. SMH.

I would estimate that "equipment obsolescence" will fully mature by TIER 31.

C'est Le Vie
  • Options
    I awakened this AM "feeling" optimistic and playful ... a lethal combination when it comes to CKS.

The very first battle out of the box, equaled my previous High Vault Take of 44.39M Diamonds ...
    ... this time it was a "bot".

The TIER 30 Battle Cycle is here (in all it's glory) and so are the diamonds. :)

Screenshot_20160915-054818.png?psid=1

I'm going to go "way out on the limb" here and declare the TIER 30 "baseline": 44.39M Diamonds. :cool:

"Guts and Glory" is what it's all about today ... Enjoy (Make Me Proud) !!!
  • Options
    ASSAULT: 28.5 CENTIPEDE MKII (acquired 08/16) @ 100% (27.51B).
    HEAVY: 29.5 PTAH MKII (acquired 09/14) @ 30% (65.90B/100.53B).

The above setup is not only quite successful in battle ...
    ... it is averaging roughly 34.0M-35.0M Diamonds in raided vaults @ TIER 30.

That's about 10M Diamonds off the TIER 30 "baseline" but it is quite respectable, especially if you're playing @ TIER 29 or earlier.

The 29.5 PTAH is key since it will only become more effective as I continue to apply upgrades. :cool:

Also worth noting ...
    ... if you own a 29.5 ASSAULT, add another 2M Diamonds to your average raided vaults size. At TIER 29 the weapon effectiveness was marginal at best; at TIER 30 it becomes effective again with minimal or no additional equipment. Such is life in the "bizarro" world of GLU.

Until something else drastically changes the nature of SHORT RANGE PvP Battles, this setup is prescribed and also has the added benefit of rarely needing to be upgraded AND/OR replaced. Ooh Rah.
  • Options
    Good Morning ...

I just wanted to report that the 29.5 PTAH MKII @ 60% of maximum power is mowing down short range opponents WITHOUT the need for any equipment at all. :cool:

Ooh Rah !!!
  • Options
    Here's the latest from The GLU Factory ... it's a first, even for the scoundrels at HQ.

So I'll admit that the original power rating of - 68.45B-100.53B - for the 29.5 PTAH MKII HEAVY was an error and was eventually corrected to - 60.40B-92.48B - ...
    ... a recent CONTENT UPDATE added the 29.5 OSIRIS MKII ELITE HEAVY rated @ - 60.40B-92.48B - to The Store for 720 GOLD** ...
    ... then they knocked the maximum power rating of the 29.5 PTAH MKII down to 82.41B
    (an identical weapon to the OSIRIS MKII ELITE, by the way).

And ... this all comes a week later, after players have acquired AND upgraded the weapon.

This is a new "low" even by GLU standards. :(

Fortunately, the weapon is still winning PvP without requiring additional equipment.

If the GLUTONS can "reduce" a weapon's power rating AFTER you've acquired it in an attempt to "force" you to spend GOLD on what "should be" another identical weapon ... then where does it stop?
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Here's the latest from The GLU Factory ... it's a first, even for the scoundrels at HQ.

So I'll admit that the original power rating of - 68.45B-100.53B - for the 29.5 PTAH MKII HEAVY was an error and was eventually corrected to - 60.40B-92.48B - ...
    ... a recent CONTENT UPDATE added the 29.5 OSIRIS MKII ELITE HEAVY rated @ - 60.40B-92.48B - to The Store for 720 GOLD** ...
    ... then they knocked the maximum power rating of the 29.5 PTAH MKII down to 82.41B
    (an identical weapon to the OSIRIS MKII ELITE, by the way).

And ... this all comes a week later, after players have acquired AND upgraded the weapon.

This is a new "low" even by GLU standards. :(

Fortunately, the weapon is still winning PvP without requiring additional equipment.

If the GLUTONS can "reduce" a weapon's power rating AFTER you've acquired it in an attempt to "force" you to spend GOLD on what "should be" another identical weapon ... then where does it stop?

I reported this problem as soon as I discovered it yesterday and received 2 x responses ...
    ... the usual we'll forward your problem to the Developers and the 2nd (below) several hours later, so anyone suffering from "decreased" weapons strength following a CONTENT UPDATE should receive a "hotfix" very soon ... meaning probably Monday at the earliest.

Screenshot_20160917-095652.png?psid=1

The SCORPION cares and is ALWAYS watching. :cool:

• Options
    I've increased the Base Economy and my New Record High Vault Take is 49.94M Diamonds. This also appears to be my current "ceiling" since I've raided this vault size a dozen times (give or take).

Screenshot_20160918-114724.png?psid=1

The TIER 30 "baseline" remains unchanged @ 44.39M Diamonds but I expect this and maximum payouts to increase as we progress through the Battle Cycle ...
    ... we should top 50M Diamonds sometime next week. Ooh Rah. :cool:
  • Options
    New Record High Vault Take: 50.2M Diamonds vs. a "bot", so the raided vault sizes are on the rise. :cool:
  • Options
    SCORPION: RANK #53 (8,499 AP); 346 Victories, No Defeats, 3 Forfeits.

My rank in the Latest Global Event appears above; here are some statistics that you might find useful:

VIP Buy In: 4,500 GOLD (converted into FULL ENERGY); the equivalent of approximately $150.
    FULL Energy (Start): 225
    FULL Energy (End): 170
    Expended FULL Energy: 55 (165 PvP Battles) OR 1,100 GOLD.
    FREE Energy: 59 (178 PvP Battles).

The above "raw" statistics detail the expense of fighting the latest Global Event.

Please note that I had accumulated about 1,000 GOLD before TIER 30 actually arrived.

You'll notice that "GOLD" and "FREE" Energy expended is roughly 50/50 which is consistent with my style of gameplay. I usually play the hardest on DAY #1 and DAY #3 of the Global Event and switch on the "cruise control" on DAYS #2 and #4 ...
    ... Obviously, if one were intending to make the leaderboard, FREE Energy would be much less and energy derived from GOLD would increase accordingly.

Now the intention was to confirm exactly what type of effort would be required to fully upgrade the TIER 30 Defense Base ("ALPHA-ECHO"); so here are my conclusions.

(1) It would be impossible to fight the required battles using FREE energy alone ...
    ... you'd fall short by roughly 150 PvP Battles, even if you played 24 hours per day.

(2) If you needed to upgrade another game feature such as weapons OR the drone, I've determined that a player would need to venture to the GOLD LEAGUE at least once. This would allow a player to score more during the GOLD LEAGUE itself ...
    ... remember the objective is to upgrade the base, weapons and drone and NOT to win weapons parts.

(3) The 4,500 GOLD I purchased and then converted to energy will last 2 x TIERS based on my PvP Battle tendencies; prior to the revised release schedule, that meant it would last 2 x months. This has been reduced to just 6-weeks based upon a 3-week Battle Cycle.

(4) Given the consistent cost increases regarding upgrades, actual cash expenditures have increased from $25-$30 per week (prior to June 2016) to $50 per week (September 2016);
    this is now the minimum cost to stay current ...
    ... without killing yourself and sacrificing other aspects of your life. :cool: Expensive, to say the least.

(5) Finally, and probably the most important component, the 4,500 GOLD spent resulted in acquiring a 31.0 SNIPER and 30.5 TESLA; guaranteeing LONG BATTLE "supremacy" until TIER 32 is released. I won't need to compete for LR weapons parts for quite some time (if ever again).

So would I do it again? Doubtful ... projected costs for TIER 31 upgrades will exceed 50 Billion Diamonds and even I were willing to spend the $300 minimal cost (which I am definitely NOT) ...
    ... I would not have the time to fight the battles required anyway.
    ... Under my current budget ($150.00 / 6 Weeks) statistics show I will reach 75% (best case), so fully upgrading even the current TIER 30 base is NOT on my current agenda.

From September though December 2015 (my most active gaming period) the average cost per week was just $20; easily affordable for anyone who's employed (currently @ $30 per week) ...
    ... that was also my "peak of enjoyment". Staying current wasn't a chore and we enjoyed much more player interaction as a result ... everyone was on the same page and comparing notes.

Those days are long gone, unfortunately. :(

• Options
    Good Morning Agents ...

I've got an early road trip ahead of me; I need to be at the upstate DR site by 07:00 AM EST and should rejoin the skirmish sometime this afternoon.

New Record High Vault Take: 52.7M Diamonds with vaults running @ 50.0M+ Diamonds on a regular basis. Since vaults will surely increase over the next week or so, the TIER 30 "baseline" will be increased accordingly; we'll see how far that will take us.

After acquiring the 30.5 JORMUNGANDR MKII, LR vs. SR PvP are now in total harmony and balance. :cool:

LITTLE ME does bring substantial firepower to the SR Battle experience ...
    ... while I'm concentrating on the JUGG and SENTRY, the drone kills just about all others and then it's a "meet at the quarterback" type scenario towards the end.

The drone's "ability to kill" is becoming critical since battle equipment effectiveness is on the decline.

• Options
    Good Morning Agents ...

First off let me state that this post is NOT for the high-rollers.

Most players operate under some misguided delusion that they were (are) "current" with each passing TIER. They measured currency based on whether OR not they had successfully and fully upgraded their defense base ...
    ... Hogwash !!!

Currency is defined as achieving the best possible gaming experience given your budget and time available for playing CKS. Your gaming experience improves as your ability to fight and win PvP Battles improves, so to forsake weapons upgrades and/or cast drone development to the wind isn't achieving much.

Quite frankly ... PvP battles are tough without upgrading your weapons ...
    ... tougher still if you have no drone to speak of.

In short, you're attempting to ride the "Crest Of The Wave" without a surfboard ...
    ... I won't say it's impossible but it IS d.a.m.n difficult. :)

You've heard me state many times to forget about upgrading the defense base, but what you didn't hear me say was to forget about it permanently. You simply delay (postpone) upgrading the base until it makes "sense" to resume ... do you need a larger vault? ... for example ... OR has the price dropped to the point where it is now affordable?

Here's what I mean; for arguments sake I've contrasted TIER 30 vs. TIER 29 vs TIER 28:

Payout: 50 Million Diamonds
    200 PvP Victories = 10B Diamonds
    300 PvP Victories = 15B Diamonds (TIER 28 Defense base can be upgraded)
    400 PvP Victories = 20B Diamonds
    500 PvP Victories = 25B Diamonds (TIER 29 Defense Base can be upgraded)
    800 PvP Victories = 40B Diamonds (TIER 30 Defense Base can be upgraded)

Payout: 40 Million Diamonds
    200 PvP Victories = 8B Diamonds
    400 PvP Victories = 16B Diamonds (TIER 28 Defense Base can be upgraded)
    500 PvP Victories = 20B Diamonds
    600 PvP Victories = 24B Diamonds (TIER 29 Defense Base can be upgraded)
    800 PvP Victories = 32B Diamonds
    1000 PvP Victories = 40B Diamonds (TIER 30 Defense Base can be upgraded)

I could continue down the "payouts" scale but it's not necessary (you can figure that out yourselves) and don't forget to factor in weapons upgrades costs while you're at it to determine how many diamonds you REALLY need.

The above "cycle" describes the existence of many players; hanging on by their fingernails so they can say, "I'm keeping up with the others" ... but are they really because they haven't upgraded any weapons and they certainly aren't seriously thinking about Drone Development. For them "keeping up" was a misnomer, at best.

Ok, so we all now understand that competing and "keeping up" with the high-rollers is not possible; never was.

Let me offer an alternative ...

What may or may not be obvious, is that if you delay (postpone) your upgrades the cheaper the cost for performing those upgrades ... the longer you wait, the cheaper the upgrades will get.

Just dropping 1 x TIER behind the leaders will save you 20%-25%; 2 x TIERS might save you 40% ... so forth and so on; while 38 Billion Diamonds to upgrade the TIER 30 Defense Base may seem unaffordable today, that doesn't mean give up.

Wait awhile and you will be able to afford it eventually; with the accelerated Battle Cycle schedule, you won't need to wait very long either. :cool:

So upgrade those weapons and get that drone up to par ... you'll have a much more "enjoyable" gaming experience and remember ...

... The Tortoise ALWAYS Wins (even if he must lose a battle here and there). :)

• Options
    This makes a lot of sense, but if you were not in the latest tier, you would not be making the payouts you have been.

Still in Delta, my avg payouts have been 32M, until this latest 30x Assault weapon came out. Now they are low 40M, max at 45.

I won't see any in the 50M arena until I make Tier 30. I know someone in Alpha who has this assault, and his payouts are around 19M, and he was happy until I told him mine. I don't think GLU is going to give you anything higher that your tier permits.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    This makes a lot of sense, but if you were not in the latest tier, you would not be making the payouts you have been.

Still in Delta, my avg payouts have been 32M, until this latest 30x Assault weapon came out. Now they are low 40M, max at 45.

I won't see any in the 50M arena until I make Tier 30. I know someone in Alpha who has this assault, and his payouts are around 19M, and he was happy until I told him mine. I don't think GLU is going to give you anything higher that your tier permits.

This is only partly true, but I never meant to suggest that anyone "behind" would ever get 50M diamond payouts; I simply started there because that is the current maximum. That said, you WILL see 50M diamond payouts in a couple of weeks. :) You'll still be at TIER 29, no worries.

You're already experiencing the point I was trying to make ... you're @ DELTA and drawing 40M vaults. :cool: Believe me, you will blast right through DELTA with a minimal amount of effort.

The baseline for CHARLIE was only 21.0M diamonds, DELTA got us up to 30M-35M diamonds and you're drawing 30-35% over what players who were "current" at the time were drawing.

You are already drawing payouts at a rate that was impossible at the time DELTA was released, provided your primary weapons are fully upgraded, of course.

Your raided vaults are always going to increase, even if you do NOTHING at all. To get the maximum, your BASE ECONOMY has to increase as well.

Anyone @ ALPHA(BRAVO, CHARLIE) cannot possibly see 40M diamond vaults regardless of what weapon they use ... you see he is in the beginnings of creating an "out of balance" in his game setup. If he continues acquiring stronger weapons faster than he upgrades his base, eventually he will take himself right out of the game.

He's also drawing the same payouts with a 30.5 as he would with a 28.5 ... he is creating an imbalance if he's @ ALPHA_CHARLIE; btw where is he BRAVO, CHARLIE, DELTA? LOL I assume it's NOT ECHO.

I would have thought you guys would have leaned this by now?

Balance brother ... balance; that rule still holds true even if you're "behind".

For you, 29.5 would get you practically the same payouts. With a 30.5 you're battles are tougher, no doubt. Weapons upgrades are key in this regard. Fully upgraded a 29.5 ASSAULT is better than a 30.5, with parity achieved somewhere between 40-60% depending on the type of weapon ...
    ... again, an age old "rule of thumb".

Get my point?
  • Options
    I drop the first Alpha out of habit. There are quite a few very low tier players with the latest weapons out there. I'm relaying this from my Agency at MIRN where CKS is a secondary game where they enjoy the Clan Wars in their spare time. My MIRN leader is at Tier 26 I think, but still not out of balance yet.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    I drop the first Alpha out of habit. There are quite a few very low tier players with the latest weapons out there. I'm relaying this from my Agency at MIRN where CKS is a secondary game where they enjoy the Clan Wars in their spare time. My MIRN leader is at Tier 26 I think, but still not out of balance yet.

Smiling ... the problem with being "out of balance" is that once it's achieved it's already too late because you're done with winning PvP and it cannot be repaired ...
    ... I've heard all the cries before, "Why can't I win anymore?"; prevent it from ever happening Buddy. :)

You know what the very 1st thing most players do when they encounter early "out of balance"? ...
    ... they go out and get a stronger weapon, thus sealing their fate permanently.

Quick Question: Since both MIRN and Amazon (the worst of all worlds :) JEEZ) are pretty much dead in the water, who is left to even compete against? ... Most CW Battles are 25% the difficulty of a typical PvP Battle, so I don't see the point in jumping games solely to enjoy an occasional CW battle; you cannot create an imbalance in CW anyway since the battles themselves are so easy.
  • Options
    Screenshot_20160923-181442.png?psid=1

As I mentioned last weekend, raided vault payouts have started to flatten out @ 50.0M+ Diamonds.

My current record high vault take is now 55.49M Diamonds; since we're half-way in the battle cycle, I'm expecting vaults to reach as high as 60.0M Diamonds by ROUND #3. The strategy of delaying upgrades for as long as possible also holds true even "within" the current Battle Cycle ...
    ... TIER 30 started @ 44.39M (baseline) and is moving towards 60.0M, a 33% projected increase. :cool:

As the payouts continue to increase ...
    ... the number of PvP Victories required to perform upgrades decreases, effectively lowering the overall cost for fully upgrading the TIER 30 Defense Base. Upgrading the defense base is a "zero-sum game".
  • Options
    Good Morning Agents ... It's "Halftime" of the TIER 30 Battle Cycle and I have some statistics that may help successfully navigate this seemingly daunting challenge.

The TIER 30 Base Economy maximum vault capacity is 2.61B Diamonds (144.38M production).

With a minimum payout of roughly 45.0M Diamonds (I've raised the "baseline" to 48.5M Diamonds) ...
    ... it will take just 58 PvP Victories to fill the vault ...
    (Let's round this upward to 60 PvP Victories to provide a safety buffer).

Assuming that you've reached full base economy by now, that would leave you with 75% of the defense base that remains to be upgraded. You'll need just under 30 Billion Diamonds to complete the upgrade ...
    ... that translates into about 11.5 Full Vaults (Again let's round this up to 12 Full Vaults).

Therefore ... if you can manage a single Full Vault per day, you will completely upgrade the TIER 30 Defense Base "ALPHA-ECHO" JIT to increase the TIER 31 STATS when it's released, with maybe 24-48 hours to spare before the TIER 31 Battle Cycle actually begins.

Again ... what was daunting when TIER 30 was released, has now become quite achievable with a modest amount of effort ...
    ... I won't say 60 PvP Victories per day is a cakewalk, but if you're as good at this game as you think you are, it shouldn't hurt too much. :)

Come on Agents ... a dozen Full Vaults; even a toddler can do that.

Since the maximum "diamonds production" for a 2.61B Diamonds Capacity Vault is 144.38M Diamonds,
    (assuming a player never lets the generator staging area reach capacity) ...
    ... I've determined that the absolute number of PvP Victories required to fill the vault / 24 hours ...
    ... 53 PvP Victories @ 45.0M Diamonds per raided vault.

Get to work ... but also have some fun shooting the place to pieces. :cool: