CKS Metrics For Beginners

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
Good Morning Agents ...

It occurs to me that periodically the more experienced players may engage in discussing topics, the true meaning of which, might elude the players that are just starting to play CKS.

This will be our "legacy" for the new and the up & coming.

I want this thread to focus on the CKS "metrics" used for measuring everything from basic game progress to how PvP opponents are selected by the CKS "match maker" to how diamonds payouts are calculated to how Clan Wars "tokens" and "trophies" are earned.

All player input is encouraged since a single POV will never provide the complete picture. Newer players would benefit more from a diverse collection of veteran experiences from which they can draw their own conclusions and develop a strategy that works best for THEM.

Please try to keep each thread response focused on a single aspect or topic.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
Prev134

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I'll start this discussion off with the simplest of topics: "Scoring In CKS PvP".

Each PvP battle results in the award of Victory Points (VP) and/or Assassination Points (AP).

Victory Points (VP) are awarded during Global/League Events, can be achieved by winning a Clan Wars Battle and by winning OR losing a PvP Battle. The following illustrates the points awarded:

2 VP - For each PvP Battle Victory.
    1 VP - For each PvP Battle Defeat.
    2 VP - For each Clan Wars Victory.

Simple enough.

Assassination Points (AP) are awarded during Global Events. Points are awarded ONLY for Victories. There is also a common feature referred to as the "Win Streak". The "Win Streak" is important and has implications that affect your gaming experience, as follows.

(1) The initial seven (7) PvP Victories are extremely important because that is when the maximum number of AP is achieved and awarded for all subsequent PvP Victories UNTIL you experience a PvP Defeat and your Win Streak is reset to zero (0). These 1st seven AP Awards are: 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20 and 25 AP which totals 85 AP ...
    ... Each subsequent victory during the current streak receives the maximum of 25 AP.

(2) The Win Streak has two (2) critical influences on your gaming experience. The 1st is that the longer you keep your streak alive, the more AP you will accumulate over the duration of the Global Event. The 2nd influence is that with each successive victory, the PvP Battles themselves increase in difficulty (opponent strength); the diamond awards also increase as the opponent strength increases, therefore, the longer you keep your win streak(s) alive, the more diamonds you will accumulate over the duration of the Global Event.

Assassination Points (AP) are ONLY awarded during Global Events.

Victory Points (VP) are awarded during Global Events, League Events and Clan Wars Events.
    GOLD and DIAMONDS ... How To Best Use These?

I'm Placing a link here to a year long discussion between myself and BRADR752 (for the most part) ...
    ... an All-Time Leader on the iOS platform.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?169154-Should-We-Use-GOLD-or-DIAMONDS-for-UPGRADES
    This topic can be a bit long-winded, but it is extremely important because of the role(s) weapons play in not only PvP Battles, but in the "match-making" algorithm used to select your opponents.

I'm going to break this up into separate parts and provide some time to digest each.

The first of which is simply a link to a topic posted more than a year back. At the time players started complaining about a weapon's (in)effectiveness in battle, not unlike posts that appear nowadays from time to time.

There are even veterans that will post complaints along these lines; shame on you. :)

As the saying goes, "If we don't learn from our mistakes of the past, we are doomed to repeat them" ...
    ... or something along those lines. :cool:

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?137163-Weapons-Power-Ratings-True-OR-False&highlight=weapons+ratings

Here is something additional for your reading pleasure:

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?197251-Why-are-some-opponents-bullet-proof&highlight=weapons+power

Most recently:

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?224545-pvp-unfair-impossible-odds&p=505559&viewfull=1#post505559

I'll go into detail regarding a weapon's SPECIFICATIONS in a subsequent post; for now concentrate on the historical ... it's important !!!
    OK ...
    ... so you've read the previous post (links included) and now you probably have more questions than you have answers.

Before we get into the gritty details of actual weapons' specifications, let's talk about the weapons that you win AND how (where) you acquired them.

So you're about to retrieve a 30.5 Weapon from your weapons locker and you're feeling great because we're @ TIER 30 and you should be ready for a winning experience right? Well it depends ...

We'll use the 30.5 ASSAULT Weapon as an example because not only is it a "battle ready" weapon ...
    ... it's also a "primary" weapon and as such it has a dual purpose. Obviously for fighting, but also for opponent selection.

The first thing you must understand is that not all 30.5 rated weapons are equal because it depends on how (where) you acquired that weapon. Here's a scale, best to worst, cross referenced to the acquisition source.

(1) VIP Event TOP Award
    (2) VIP Event Down-Level Award, Gold League Parts, Silver League Parts (RANK #1)
    (3) Global Event TOP 10 Award
    (4) Global Event TOP 30 Award, Global Event Parts + Silver League Parts (RANK #2 through RANK #20)

There have been occasions where GLU has mixed or merged a combination of the first three sources ...
    ... for the most part, the above is accurate most of the time.
    If properly executed, the first three can be used to obtain more than one weapon during an event cycle. The most common is to acquire a weapon via VIP or Global TOP 10/30 and then winning another weapon during league competition. Which League (GOLD or SILVER) will depend on the AP Total achieved in the preceding Global Event.

The second tidbit that's important to note is that a 30.5 weapon (for example) isn't really a 30.5 weapon until it's 100% upgraded; that's when the fully rated "power" of the weapon becomes apparent.

Although the higher "rated" weapon will draw the larger vaults for you to raid ...
    ... it will also attract stronger opponents.
    Without upgrading your 30.5 ASSAULT Weapon, your battles can be more difficult than if you were using a lesser rated weapon ... say a 29.5.

The following illustrates how this "counter intuitive" phenomenon occurs ...
    ... All of these weapons are equally effective in battle @ TIER 30.

28.5 ASSAULT @ 100% of rated power (all upgrades applied).
    29.5 ASSAULT @ 50% of rated power (1/2 upgrades applied).
    30.5 ASSAULT @ 0% of rated power (no upgrades applied).

Of course the main difference is the 28.5 is at the end of it's useful lifetime and the others have some life left in them; the 30.5 will be able to raid larger vaults than the other two, but the opponents will be much stronger relative to the diamonds you'll win.

What's worth noting is that the 29.5 @ 100% of rated power is a stronger weapon than a 30.5 with no upgrades applied ... that's a key distinction for a later discussion.

From your gaming experience and POV, the opponents you'll face using each of these weapons, results in a "perceived" difficulty that is practically identical, leaning towards easier with lesser rated weapons.

So the question that begs to be asked is, are the weapons really "stronger (weaker)" or ...
    ... are the opponents "weaker (stronger)" OR is it a combination of both?

We're about to plunge head first down the rabbit hole ... stay tuned !!! :cool:
    CKS is a constantly evolving video game. During the roughly 1.5 years that I've been playing, there have been several major "game changers" ranging from the introduction of "The Support Drone" more than a year ago to the recently inflicted 2-week Battle Cycle.

In many ways the arrival of TIER 22 in Early Spring 2016, marked the end of an era in CKS for the game was about to change (in many ways). There were some interesting thoughts and ideas posted when TIER 22 was released, so I encourage you to browse through them here:

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?204488-Tier-22-Base-has-been-released&p=444029&viewfull=1#post444029

The following post entitled "The Assault Weapon: Best Kept Secrets", was taken from the TIER 22 thread. I wanted to start the "Weapons Specifications" discussion here with Short Range Weapons.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Anyone who has been following my posts knows one thing for certain ... I love ASSAULT WEAPONS ... for one very good reason, aside from the TESLA, it is the most lethal weapon there is; not to mention the cheapest to upgrade.

In the hands of an experienced "assassin", the ASSAULT WEAPON can take on the toughest opponents and dispatch an enemy faster than any other weapon (TESLA aside).

Huh? ... what? ... SCORPION surely you've been hitting the Jack again.

Nope ... well maybe just a little :)

The first thing you need to do is open your mind and consider that GLU's weapons ratings are completely misleading, bordering on outright lies. Sure a 23.5 is better than a 21.5, but what about comparing two 23.5s against each other.

Surely a weapon such as the GODHAMMER power rated @ 1.29B is "stronger" than the SABERTOOTH, which is power rated @ 1.05B?

Nope ... wrong again.

Curious? I only judge based on my experiences in target practice and nothing more. All you really need to do is check the "Damage Rating" of each weapon and you tell me. Here, I'll save you some time ...

23.5 GODHAMMER HEAVY - 786.43M-1.29B - 30% upgraded, the effective power rating is 872.42M.
    23.5 SABERTOOTH ASSAULT - 712.03M-1.05B - 35% upgraded, the effective power rating is 784.33M.

GODHAMMER
    DAMAGE: 62,521,344
    FIRE RATE: 690
    CLIP SIZE: Unlimited
    OVERHEAT: 9

SABERTOOTH
    DAMAGE: 86,743,448
    FIRE RATE: 570
    CLIP SIZE: 46
    RELOAD: 2

Think it's a fluke? Still not a believer?

Compare the 21.5 RAINBOW MKII ASSAULT to the 21.5 HARUSPEX HEAVY ... you will find that it has ALWAYS been this way ... similarly rated weapons (HEAVY vs ASSAULT) the ASAULT WEAPON will come out on top every time, therefore the effective power ratings are misleading.

Each has it's benefits and shortcomings. The HEAVY NEVER runs out of ammo and has a slightly better rate of fire, but it does overheat. The ASSAULT is a more powerful weapon and is far more accurate, but you need to reload several times during battle.

Although this is yet another "player's choice", for me the ASSAULT WEAPON wins hands down based on the damage it can inflict and how many times it will actually "hit the target". :cool:

Good Hunting !!!

Ultimately, the weapons any given player decides to use during battle is entirely a personal choice.

When making that decision, I encourage players to not only consider the weapon's power rating, but glance at the weapon's detailed specifications because those details may reveal something about the weapon that isn't as obvious as it's rating.

It also provides a common "language" where seemingly disparate weapon types can be compared to enable you to predict it's effectiveness in battle.

Next Up: The Legend Of The TESLA (The "Shocking" Truth).
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?224162-CKS-Metrics-For-Beginners&p=530449&viewfull=1#post530449

Here are a couple of recent forum posts that I thought were interesting regarding gameplay so I'm posting a link to these here.

All started as questions posed by Gamer: JAYDUX.

PvP Defense Power:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?225829-Pvp-Defense-Power&p=509424&viewfull=1#post509424

Player Balancing:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?225744-Player-balancing&p=509266&viewfull=1#post509266

PvP Unfair Impossible Odds:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?224545-pvp-unfair-impossible-odds&p=509038&viewfull=1#post509038
    The current iteration of the Support Drone has been around for over a year.

It brought a new level of gameplay to CKS because it's presence on the battlefield, good or bad, must be considered for a gamer to be successful.

Here is a link to a thread that covers "Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Drones".
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?155916-Micromanagement-Saving-up-some-gems-when-upgading-your-drone&p=330861&viewfull=1#post330861
    The "Mechanized Combat Units" are gathering along the border: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?227498-Mecahnized-Combat-Units&p=514443&viewfull=1#post514443

Server Maintenance on Google Play has started:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?228564-Google-Play-ANDROID-CKS-Version-6-0-Server-Maintenance-Started-07-52-AM-EST

I shall elaborate is detail as soon as is possible and practical, so stay tuned !!!

Early Observations Regarding CKS 6.0 MCUs can be found here:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?227498-Mecahnized-Combat-Units&p=517525&viewfull=1#post517525
    Here is my assessment of "CKS 6.0 Player-Versus-Player (PvP)" as it stands today.
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?227498-Mecahnized-Combat-Units&p=517906&viewfull=1#post517906

The nature of the PvP Battles is still evolving and I expect more changes to the gaming experience ...
    ... the scheduled release of TIER 33 next week should provide us with a more complete picture.

TIER 34 Has Been Released; Codenamed "New Beginnings"
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?232529-TIER-34-Has-Been-Released
    PREFACE:
    After playing any video game for a few hours, a player will start to develop a "winning" strategy. Over time this strategy will be tweaked and modified ...
    ... unsuccessful aspects eliminated, proven tactics enhanced and new strategies emerge as the game evolves and becomes more difficult.

Each and every strategy ever devised was spawned with a clear goal in mind ... winning.

With Contract Killer Sniper, "winning" is a very misleading idea. I would estimate that presently there are at least 10,000 active players engaged in this game on any given day ...
    ... since (by conventional standards) winning usually means the highest score and by extension the player with the highest score is declared the "winner", clearly 1-100/10,000 would suggest that very few playing this game will ever actually win.

THE CKS REALITY:
    Since "winning" cannot be an acceptable goal in CKS, it becomes absolutely essential that a player set a goal that is not built around "winning", per se. But first let's take a look at the "class of players" playing this game. There are essentially three classifications of players engaged in CKS.

(1) High-Rollers: these players have deep pockets, meaning they will routinely spend more money playing this game than most would even contemplate. The goals of these players are simple ... maximum achievements available at any given level or stage of the game. There is a small percentage of players in this class that will actually "win" any given game event. Even at this level of gameplay, winning is an elusive experience.

(2) Average Players: 1 (one) of every 10 players (10% OR 1,000 of them actually) can be considered "average". These players have met the minimum achievements that the game offers at any given point in time. These players will invest a moderate sum in terms of both time and money. They have accepted that winning will NEVER happen; setting and achieving attainable goals is more realistic.

(3) "Fun" Players: these players are engaged in a singular purpose ... just to have some "fun" ... for as long as the game is enjoyable. Some will actually "straddle the fence" and periodically move across the borderline between being "fun" players and "average" players, as long as it doesn't invade their bank accounts OR free time in any meaningful way.

Personally, I move from playing this game for fun most of the time while periodically becoming "average" when circumstances are such that it becomes necessary to "enjoy" the game to it's fullest. My experience is one of extremes; ranging from unbridled enthusiasm to sheer boredom. :cool:

There are a small minority of players that I would classify as "lunatics", but that's another discussion for another time. :)

A proven (personalized) strategy starts with determining how much time and how much money you can afford to invest in this (or any) video game; a "budget", for lack of a better term. Once that has been determined, then and ONLY then can a player set realistic goals that can be achieved. Lack of available time can be augmented with money (and visa versa); the key here is to strike a balance that will not cause you to go bankrupt and not cause family members to start looking at you with raised eyebrows.

There is one common goal, I think, for most players and that is enjoyment.

In the end, a successful strategy can be confirmed by asking yourself a very basic question ...
    ... Are you having fun?

Good Morning ...

October 2016 brought us CKS Version 5.1.1 which was quickly followed by CKS Version 6.0 in November, so plenty has occurred (game changers) since I started this thread.

It's been awhile since we've discussed weapons specifications; as is true tradition, we always save the best for last, right? ... and what better weapon is there than the TESLA. :cool:

The TIER 34 Battle Cycle commenced with an Inaugural Global Event that featured a powerful pair of these "sizzle sticks" ... so what better place, than the present (recent past), to begin our discussion.

TOP 10 Prize: 34.5 EREBUS MKII TESLA - 1.93T-2.96T - This baby has "plenty of juice" in reserve.
    TOP 30 Prize: 34.5 NYX MKII TESLA - 1.61T-2.64T - Picks up right where the WHIRLPOOL drops off.

At this very moment we're engaged in Event Cycle #2 (Silver League Event DAY #3) and the Top Prize for finishing RANK #1 is essentially a clone of last week's TOP 10 Global Event Prize ...
    ... the 34.5 PONTUS MKII TESLA - 1.93T-2.96T.

Screenshot_20161220-181402.png?psid=1

Screenshot_20161221-045026.png?psid=1

As previously discussed, let me first restate for the record, that not ALL 34.5 TESLAs are created equal.
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?224162-CKS-Metrics-For-Beginners&p=505573&viewfull=1#post505573

Obviously, the exhibits are meant for us to compare these two (2) weapons and discern their differences; as we do so keep in mind that the 34.5 NYX MKII is FULLY UPGRADED @ 100% of rated power and the 34.5 PONTUS MKII (not yet acquired) has no upgrades applied at all.

Chew on that for awhile and when I return we'll continue this discussion ...
    ... Today I've got a weapon to win. :)
    (Actually I have a drone to develop and for that I need diamonds ... the weapon is a side bonus).

*** SMILES ***

To assist in our continued discussion, I've upgraded the 34.5 PONTUS MKII to 85% of rated power ...
    ... DAMAGE COMPONENT @ Maximum Effectiveness.

Screenshot_20161222-095144.png?psid=1

Screenshot_20161222-082928.png?psid=1

The 34.5 EREBUS MKII TESLA was featured as a Global Event TOP 10 Prize Award and it's clone, the 34.5 PONTUS MKII TESLA, was awarded as the Silver League Event RANK #1 Prize ...

Just to "stir the pot" a bit ... the 34.5 FAITH MKII TESLA (yet another clone) is featured as both a down-level prize (3,500 GOLD) as well as the top prize (7,000 GOLD) in today's VIP Event.

Confused? Don't be ... It's the GLUTONS who are eating those mushrooms again. :cool:

I shall return ...

Merry Christmas !!!
    So why use a TESLA anyway and what are the true benefits?

In a word ... SPEED !!!

Let's go back to the weapon specifications used for comparing TESLA weapons against each other.

Obviously, "CLIP SIZE" is not only infinite, but also irrelevant ...
    ... that leaves us with three (3) remaining specifications.

CHARGE DAMAGE
    CHARGE RATE
    MAX CHARGES

Of these, CHARGE RATE and MAX CHARGES, once the weapon is fully upgraded to 100% of rated power, are identical for most TESLA weapons ... CHARGE RATE will be 4.5 and MAX CHARGES will always be 10.

The key specification is the remaining CHARGE DAMAGE rating. This indicates how much damage a single TESLA charge can inflict ...
    ... this may be the difference between a single (one) or multiple (up to 10) charges required to dispatch an enemy "bad guy" .... what all of this boils down to is speed ...
    ... the faster you can dispatch one enemy opponent, the faster you can move on to the next.

The faster you can eliminate ALL threats, the faster you can win the PvP Battle and move on to the next ... effectively, more PvP Battles per Hour ... per Day ... per Event ...
    ... the TESLA is the weapon of choice for PvP enthusiasts; success is all about AP Totals (speed).

As long as you take PvP Battles (and diamonds rewards) seriously, having an up-to-date TESLA is absolutely essential ... the higher the CHARGE DAMAGE rating the better ... simple. :cool:

When I return we'll discuss "Battle Tactics Unique To The TESLA".

To Everyone ... Have A Very, Merry Christmas !!!
  • Jet LeeJet Lee Registered Users 33 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    So why use a TESLA anyway and what are the true benefits?

In a word ... SPEED !!!

Let's go back to the weapon specifications used for comparing TESLA weapons against each other.

Obviously, "CLIP SIZE" is not only infinite, but also irrelevant ...
    ... that leaves us with three (3) remaining specifications.

CHARGE DAMAGE
    CHARGE RATE
    MAX CHARGES

Of these, CHARGE RATE and MAX CHARGES, once the weapon is fully upgraded to 100% of rated power, are identical for most TESLA weapons ... CHARGE RATE will be 4.5 and MAX CHARGES will always be 10.

The key specification is the remaining CHARGE DAMAGE rating. This indicates how much damage a single TESLA charge can inflict ...
    ... this may be the difference between a single (one) or multiple (up to 10) charges required to dispatch an enemy "bad guy" .... what all of this boils down to is speed ...
    ... the faster you can dispatch one enemy opponent, the faster you can move on to the next.

The faster you can eliminate ALL threats, the faster you can win the PvP Battle and move on to the next ... effectively, more PvP Battles per Hour ... per Day ... per Event ...
    ... the TESLA is the weapon of choice for PvP enthusiasts; success is all about AP Totals (speed).

As long as you take PvP Battles (and diamonds rewards) seriously, having an up-to-date TESLA is absolutely essential ... the higher the CHARGE DAMAGE rating the better ... simple. :cool:

When I return we'll discuss "Battle Tactics Unique To The TESLA".

To Everyone ... Have A Very, Merry Christmas !!!

Merry Christmas To You SCORPION!
    Contract Killer: Sniper Version 6.1.1 was released on 01/19/2017.

Several enhancements were incorporated but I want to focus on what the "game changers" were and how it will affect the gaming experience going forward.

Let me first preface this post by stating that GLU has NEVER informed us of what their intentions truly are when releasing a newer version of CKS; GLU rarely informs us of when these changes will occur ... when they do, watch out because it's going to be a boondoggle :)
    ... at best, GLU is essentially unpredictable.

That said, over time I have been able to discern a few patterns that have remained consistent over the close to 2 years I've been playing this game.

(1) GLU NEVER gives us more (or less) than we will need to continue playing the game.

(2) The driving force behind ANYTHING GLU does is aimed at increasing gamesmanship resulting in greater competitiveness (scoring), with the ultimate goal being increased spending and higher profits.

(3) Following any new release, there is a transition period whilst players adapt to the "new rules of engagement". GLU studies these trends and makes adjustments accordingly by "tweaking" the gaming parameters.

Come back soon (later on today actually) and we'll get down and dirty and discuss the two (2) new major developments (components) of CKS v6.1.1 ...

(a) completely new prize awards structure and ...
    (b) the yet to be defined (determined use of) EVENT TOKENS ...
    ... right now I have a few "bad guys" to put down. :cool:

CYA Soon Agents !!!
    Assassination Points (AP) are now awarded during Global Events AND League Events ...
    ... all previous strategies with regards to scoring in Global Events are now consistent and apply to League Events as well. This includes the feature referred to as the "Win Streak". The "Win Streak" is important and has implications that affect your gaming experience, to reiterate:

(1) The initial seven (7) PvP Victories are extremely important because that is when the maximum number of AP is achieved and awarded for all subsequent PvP Victories UNTIL you experience a PvP Defeat and your Win Streak is reset to zero (0). These 1st seven AP Awards are: 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20 and 25 AP which totals 85 AP ...
    ... Each subsequent victory during the current streak receives the maximum of 25 AP.

(2) The Win Streak has two (2) critical influences on your gaming experience. The 1st is that the longer you keep your streak alive, the more AP you will accumulate over the duration of the Global Event. The 2nd influence is that with each successive victory, the PvP Battles themselves increase in difficulty (opponent strength); the diamond awards also increase as the opponent strength increases, therefore, the longer you keep your win streak(s) alive, the more diamonds you will accumulate over the duration of the Global Event.

Prior to CKS v6.1.1, the Global Event Prize Award structure, with regards to weapons, was as follow:

RANK #01-#10: Weapon
    RANK #11-#30: Weapon
    RANK #31-#90: 35 Weapon Parts
    Above RANK #90: varying number of parts ranging from 5-20 Weapon Parts.

After the release of CKS v6.1.1, these most notable changes were incorporated:

RANK #01-#10: Weapon
    RANK #11-#30: 20 Weapon Parts
    RANK #31-#90: 15 Weapon Parts
    Above RANK #90: 5-10 Weapon Parts dependent upon your relative final ranking.

Therefore, the TOP 10 can continue along doing what they do best ... run up the score and compete amongst themselves for "Top Gun" bragging rights. For the rest of us (those who do NOT finish in the TOP 10), how we compete and acquire weapons has drastically changed. The problem is we only have 1/2 of the picture, since it has yet to be determined how the newly introduced EVENT TOKENS can be used in gameplay.

The current Silver League Weapon Parts Awards and Tokens structure, is as follows:

RANK #01-#01: 15 Weapon Parts
    RANK #02-#03: 10 Weapon Parts + 3 Event Tokens
    RANK #04-#06: 10 Weapon Parts
    RANK #07-#10: 05 Weapon Parts + 1 Event Token
    RANK #11-#20: 05 Weapon Parts

Although scoring AP during Global Events may actually decrease, I expect scoring of AP during Silver League Events to skyrocket. As a rule, you can expect the following initial (minimum) scoring trends:

RANK #01: 5,000 AP or more
    RANK #02-#03: 3,000-4,000 AP
    RANK #04-#06: 2,500-3,000 AP
    RANK #07-#10: 2,000-2,500 AP
    RANK #11-#20: 1,500-2,000 AP

These scoring trends are sure to increase once reality sets in for many players ...
    ... but I do expect (certainly hope) that this "panic mode" to acquiring weapons will settle down once other aspects of the game reveal themselves.

There is one single certainty, acquiring weapons via weapons parts alone will be quite expensive and next to impossible to accomplish for most players. The key unknown element here is how we can use EVENT TOKENS in the most effective way and what will be the rewards. I also suspect that this aspect will have some sort of cost associated with it ...
    ... aside from Event Tokens themselves, we may be able to use any combination of other available forms of CKS currency such as Clan Wars Tokens, Diamonds or In-Game CASH. The only certainty here is that we should be able to always use GOLD. :cool:

Next Up ... we're going to briefly discuss (hypothetically and hopefully), how EVENT TOKENS, as well as the advertised "Raiding of CYBORG BASES" might augment the weapons acquisition process. Hopefully by then, I'll have a better understanding of how this might actually work and offer some sound advice.

As always, any player input (insights) would be greatly appreciated ...
    ... we are all tentatively "in the dark" with regards to certain aspects of the game.

But Until Then ...

• MjulienMjulien Registered Users 119 Posts
    Now there is no more difference between the global and league events in assassination points - to the point don;t like it, but I'm one person. Here's a nice music video from my old hardcore punk rock days in the bay area that might sum it....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ASDdmPYfSw
    MJ
    Mjulien wrote: »
    Now there is no more difference between the global and league events in assassination points - to the point don;t like it, but I'm one person. Here's a nice music video from my old hardcore punk rock days in the bay area that might sum it....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ASDdmPYfSw

Yep that song sums it up ...

Your observation regarding AP in Global and League events is essentially correct with one exception ...
    ... if a player attempts to acquire and craft weapons using parts alone, the AP scored during League Events will easily exceed what that player scored during the preceding Global Event on any given day.

This is THE game changer because of the time and effort required; the only way to get around this (as of today) is the VIP Events and GLU has ensured, as you have noticed, that the weapons themselves are essentially identical (on a per weapon basis). This explains why we went immediately to 37.5s, bypassing 36.5 rated weapons.

The Event Tokens have a role, I believe ... BUT ... raiding the advertised CYBORG BASES to accumulate vast amounts of AP is the other side of this equation because I expect it will provide relief from fighting 100-200 PvP Battles per day during League Events. :)

Be forewarned that I am expecting some sort of minimal cost to be associated with raiding CYBORG BASES. :(

We should know soon enough ... I hope.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    The one nice thing about the silver league AP play is that now 44 pvp's give 100 gold, as opposed to 50 pvp's before the update.

Just don't loose a battle, though, or it could take the same time or longer. Glu has to give me some excuse to buy extra energy, and I don't see it yet.
    I totally agree TRY_AGAIN ... without knowing the "flip side" of this newly released "token", buying energy to fight PvP is ill advised other than for collecting diamonds required for upgrades, of course. :cool:
  • MjulienMjulien Registered Users 119 Posts
    Oh...try_again....I heard thru the grapevine a rumor that something might be happening in the MIRN game.Maybe this week.
    MJ
    How Do We Proceed?

Following the release of CKS Version 6.1.1, there are more questions than there are answers and the question atop everyone's list should be ... How Do We Proceed?
    Refer to the preceding post: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?224162-CKS-Metrics-For-Beginners&p=538684&viewfull=1#post538684

Assuming that you're actually willing to proceed, at this point, I have an answer.

More than 1.5 years ago BRADR752 and SCORPION developed and adopted a strategy that was designed to circumvent a then Contract Killer: Sniper game that was strewn with all kinds of problems ranging from stability issues to scheduling conflicts ... in a sense, not unlike many of the issues that we're facing today.

The issue of biggest concern THEN has become the primary concern NOW ...
    ... how do you acquire adequate weapons?

1.5 years ago the strategy became apparent and was named the "TOOBAD 60 Day Strategy".
    (TOOBAD being Brad's gamer-tag on Amazon, at the time).

What's is truly fascinating is that with all of the time that has passed, the countless hours of gameplay, glitches, game releases and complaining ...
    ... that strategy remains the only viable option to this very day. :cool:

What was it that some "wise guy" once said about ... "Your first idea is usually your best ... " ???

There will be plenty to write about, so come back soon and come back often ... :cool:
    ... The Invasion Forces Have Arrived !!!

I'm listening intently, I need to see the rainbow!
    try_again wrote: »
    I'm listening intently, I need to see the rainbow!

Good Morning TRY_AGAIN ...

My first "INVADER KILL" netted me 1,000 AP ... SILVER LEAGUE is 6,000 AP ... after 1.5 years of complaining and submitting countless email and support tickets we finally have a new Prize Award Structure ... details coming soon.
    One single image really says it all ...

Screenshot_20170126-073451.png?psid=1

Let's start off with the basics and gaming aspects that everyone can relate to.

MILESTONES:
    24,000 AP ... 50 x GOLD + 6 x NANOCRYSTALS + GOLD LEAGUE Qualification
    18,000 AP ... 6 x NANOCRYSTALS + 2.38B DIAMONDS
    12,000 AP ... 5 x ROBOTOKENS + 4 x NANOCRYSTALS
    6,000 AP ... 4 x NANOCRYSTALS + 1.49B DIAMONDS + SILVER LEAGUE Qualification
    2,000 AP ... 2 x ROBOTOKENS + 2 x NANOCRYSTALS
    1,000 AP ... 2 x NANOCRYSTALS _ 891.27M DIAMONDS + BRONZE LEAGUE Qualification

WEAPONS:
    RANK #01: 40.5 ... 140.18T-222.65T - Greatest
    RANK #02: 39.5 ... 70.09T-111.33T - Greater
    RANK #03: 38.5 ... 35.05T-55.66T - Great

RANK #04-#10: 25 Weapon Parts (38.5)
    RANK #11-#30: 20 Weapon Parts (38.5)
    RANK #31-#90: 15 Weapon Parts (38.5)

All weapons awards are all for the same weapon and all have an identical name. Other prize awards have some combination of weapons parts, nano-crystals, robo-tokens, diamonds, cash and equipment ...
    ... all based upon a player's relative final ranking. :cool:

As of this moment, scoring is "relatively" low and the lunatics are absent from the leaderboard ...
    ... no doubt they are in a state of shock and trying to determine how to proceed. :)

As of 01:50 PM EST, the scoring has increased substantially and will no doubt set all kinds of scoring records ... I'm expecting 200,000 AP to be registered for this Global Event, at the current pace.
    Hope is fading fast, I'd have to finish at least rank 90, and with 6000+ AP. Wish I could see that image.

Need to see what these invasions are, and how many will come. The fact that Milestones are so high, might be a good sign. I assume they take event tokens?

The prize structure for the top 3 ranks are disheartening, seeing that they "seem" to be either cheaters or Bluestack gaming rigs manned by shifts of people. I don't think that group needed motivation
    try_again wrote: »
    Hope is fading fast, I'd have to finish at least rank 90, and with 6000+ AP. Wish I could see that image.

Need to see what these invasions are, and how many will come. The fact that Milestones are so high, might be a good sign. I assume they take event tokens?

The prize structure for the top 3 ranks are disheartening, seeing that they "seem" to be either cheaters or Bluestack gaming rigs manned by shifts of people. I don't think that group needed motivation

The upside is that INVADER BATTLES net you 1,000 AP ...
    ... the downside is you could burn all your EVENT TOKENS in a single event. :(

Invader battles cost 10 event tokens each. 1 FREE Invader Battle every 25 PvP Battles.
  • NABEEL707NABEEL707 Registered Users 13 Posts
    Hey mjulien buddy , it's AGNABEEL here
    Is it sure news that mirn is coming back again
    Scorpion pal , search a bit about it and let me confirm about that .
    I will wait for your reply @scorpion and @mjulien