Server Maintenance 19 Jan 2017

RavisagarRavisagar Registered Users 19 Posts
Whenever there is server maintenance. We should know what are the new things added or removed and also approximate time taken for server maintenance purpose.

Comments

• Guestkh1981Guestkh1981 Registered Users 252 Posts
    Unable to download the game after update
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Unable to download the game after update

Assuming you're referring to an updated version of the game ...
    ... in the past, there have been instances when the servers are back up and running for a period of time BEFORE the actual game (client) update is available for download.

If the servers are back up, it shouldn't be much longer before you can download the new version.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • 73AA73AA Registered Users 14 Posts
    Installed update from the Playstore..Android is up & running
  • •K4L1••K4L1• Registered Users 9 Posts
    So... MDU's that can't be killed by:
    Knives
    Grenades
    ROCKETS?!!

So, Glu?... a glitch?, an update?, a new and exciting way to force us into playing ELITE... like it or not?
  • RavisagarRavisagar Registered Users 19 Posts
    I think mdu not killed by knives, granades and rockets anymore.
    Anyhow thanks for participating in my discussion.
    Update information can be found in playstore update section.
    But for those players who are not much active or those players who are working. They will not get the much benefits of new invasion events.
    Invasion event should be separated from pvp.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Well, this update has pushed my device into obsolescence.

I am Alpha-Kilo, with 1 economy upgrade ticked off, but, I can no longer do more than 2 PVP's in a row without crashing, I can do no campaigns without crashing, and cannot do any war hits as well.

The "Clear Cache" button in the Safehouse was a good idea, but even that is now too little, too late. It doesn't help either.

This Update, 6.1.1 has turned my CKS game into a chat only device. I am now dead in the water, waiting for a tow to shore.

"GLU tried to defeat me for 2 years, and finally succeeded! RIP"
    try_again wrote: »
    Well, this update has pushed my device into obsolescence.

I am Alpha-Kilo, with 1 economy upgrade ticked off, but, I can no longer do more than 2 PVP's in a row without crashing, I can do no campaigns without crashing, and cannot do any war hits as well.

The "Clear Cache" button in the Safehouse was a good idea, but even that is now too little, too late. It doesn't help either.

This Update, 6.1.1 has turned my CKS game into a chat only device. I am now dead in the water, waiting for a tow to shore.

"GLU tried to defeat me for 2 years, and finally succeeded! RIP"

That device has been obsolete for a year or more, I would think LOL ... but I do sympathize with you my friend and clan mate !!!

My 2013 Nexus 7 is yours is you want it ... we can arrange how and where you would like it shipped.

Just remember that this device is also obsolete (in my opinion) but it does still play CKS quite well and best of all it's yours for free ...
    ... I just really need to ask this, why won't you buy a new device?

*** SMILES ***
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    You'll have to forgive me, I'm in mourning right now, wearing all black. My post was more a state of death for those with older devices, and the bloat/poor architecture of this game.

I have an affordable device on order, 4GB Ram, 64GB Rom, quad core. Thanks for the offer, though!

I'll meet you on the other side, hope is not completely lost... yet
  • Guestkh1981Guestkh1981 Registered Users 252 Posts
    Cant play more than one pvp match the game ceashes. Its the end for me i think. Although my device became obsolete an year ago but still i managed to play at a moderate pace but that also seems to b ending now. Oh well
  • IdkcIdkc Registered Users 8 Posts
    I'm asking this here because I see several posts above discussing the use of too much device memory to play the game without frequent crashes or at all (which I've also dealt with on my iOS pad device), and since I only get very hit or miss results with forum searches; so, if my question is already well covered before, please feel free to just refer me to the link(s) of the previous threads.

Has anyone (particularly on an iOS device) had success with reducing the high memory usage/data storage on their device (eg I'm up to a ridiculous +3.0GB) by uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it, but doing so while being able to keep or recover everything (ie owned weapons, mission progress, cash, gold, etc) from before the uninstall? I was told by customer care that this would help and that by providing them the before and after pvp name, they could help me to recover everything if needed (but it still seems risky; with some games, I've un/re-installed several times without losing anything, but not with others).

Thanks!
    LizaMer wrote: »
    Hello All, We will have a Server Maintenance on 11/30 at 4:00 AM EST All Servers are expected to be down for 2-3 hours for maintenance, but could be longer. Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates or changes.

First you posted a SERVER MAINTENANCE in March and now in November ???

Who the hell are you and what kind of drugs are you using?
    Idkc wrote: »
    I'm asking this here because I see several posts above discussing the use of too much device memory to play the game without frequent crashes or at all (which I've also dealt with on my iOS pad device), and since I only get very hit or miss results with forum searches; so, if my question is already well covered before, please feel free to just refer me to the link(s) of the previous threads.

Has anyone (particularly on an iOS device) had success with reducing the high memory usage/data storage on their device (eg I'm up to a ridiculous +3.0GB) by uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it, but doing so while being able to keep or recover everything (ie owned weapons, mission progress, cash, gold, etc) from before the uninstall? I was told by customer care that this would help and that by providing them the before and after pvp name, they could help me to recover everything if needed (but it still seems risky; with some games, I've un/re-installed several times without losing anything, but not with others).

Thanks!

Yes to all questions ... this has been the de facto work-around for iOS (backup, reinstall and restore).
    Thanks as usual amsoft2000 for your helpful response. Just to be sure, what do you mean or is an example of 'backup'? Also, for 'restore', do you mean contacting customer care with the pvp name info after reinstall as I noted? Thanks (and hopefully helpful to others too)!
    Thanks as usual amsoft2000 for your helpful response. Just to be sure, what do you mean or is an example of 'backup'? Also, for 'restore', do you mean contacting customer care with the pvp name info after reinstall as I noted? Thanks (and hopefully helpful to others too)!

Backup / restore refers to performing a full system backup to iCloud or iTunes using whatever proper software tools are provided by Apple ... might require a computer.

That should work without the help of Customer Care; of course you can get them involved if something goes awry.

Good Luck !!!
    Okay thanks, my thinking was simply deleting the game from device, then reinstalling; I know at least one other sniper game that allows me to do this repeatedly with full recovery of everything without the need for the backup you describe; it sounds like doing this with CKS will not work, but customer care seemed to indicate they could assist to do so. So, I'll have to decide which way to try - thanks.
    Okay thanks, my thinking was simply deleting the game from device, then reinstalling; I know at least one other sniper game that allows me to do this repeatedly with full recovery of everything without the need for the backup you describe; it sounds like doing this with CKS will not work, but customer care seemed to indicate they could assist to do so. So, I'll have to decide which way to try - thanks.

It may work the way you described it. I ALWAYS recommend taking a backup even though it may not be required. :)