Defense long range or short range??

warrior202warrior202 Registered Users 401 Posts
Dear All,

Can anyone provide perfect idea how can we set our defense for short range or long range?

I thought if we have more power of assualt than sniper or heavy than tesla then my defense would be short range defense but its still offered as long range.

Any solution or idea?
Game is just for FUN. Enjoy it guys.

Comments

• try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    It's luck of the draw, and never changes (like bots do.)

Over at Amazon where there weren't quite as many players, I use to fight myself in clan wars - I had two accounts with the same name at two different clans. I was always a long on both accounts, and it has never changed. Sure would be nice to be a tougher short, but that's the outcome GLU chose when I started.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    It's uncanny how since the very beginning players were under some sort of impression that there is such a thing as LONG or SHORT defenses ...
    ... there is only ONE defense and it's the one you upgrade with each and every TIER release.

WEAPONS have never had any role whatsoever in DEFENSE or how one is presented to an opponent.

In fact, the "defense" is a phantom; it does not exist. What you experience is a level of difficulty based on how far the opponents' defensive "tier" components have been upgraded is all; number of guards and sentry strength ... how resilient they are, et al.

With top level weapons, all you see are "bot" (maximum) defenses ...
    ... all equal and identical with regards to difficulty. Once your weapons exceed the "magic number", this becomes repetitive, never ending and (for me) quite boring.

SHORT RANGE battles are generally more difficult because it's their "nature" to be more difficult and because they're fought in relatively close proximity.

In Clan Wars, a stronger defense may make your "hex" more valuable, as well as the "clan" in general ... in this scenario however, the defense has even less of an effect as with PvP ...
    ... again WEAPONS have no role here either, other than to make your "hex" a more valuable target.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    I've always noticed that two players with the same defensive power, the one with stronger weapons is harder to kill. It seems the weapons make his health stronger too. I am also seeing the ones with higher tech/shield power also take longer. This is much more evident in my newer player, Tier 7 guy. Hitting a Tier 7 defense in possession of 24x weapons (obviously, he can no longer compete, he's "upside down" - will die against a Tier 24 opponent), the boss takes quite a bit more damage as well as dishing it out.

I think the point warrior is trying to find is if he can have his diamonds pilfered less often, and I'm sure most short defenses are hit less often than long - simply because they are faster to defeat. And since Find Other Target costs are negligible, most look for the quick kill.
    Stronger opponents are attracted by using stronger weapons? ...
    ... this is the match making algorithm "generating" an opponent and has nothing to do with defense OR weapons (as they would relate to an opponent's "defense").

That said, there is no SHORT or LONG defense.

Do NOT confuse the difficulty you experience on "offense" using your weapons ...
    ... versus your offensive weapons making your "defense" stronger in any measureable way. :)

There is no way to predict whether an attacker will be successful based on whether he's presented with a LONG or SHORT battle (defense) ... at best it's 50/50 ... on average however, the attacker is victorious 90% of the time; for established veterans, this ratio (W/L) is so insignificant, it's not worth mentioning.

The ONLY way I know of to protect diamonds in your safe is NOT to be attacked in the first place. :cool:

What makes me pass on a battle is the size of the payout ... then I look at things like drone power or number of MDUs ... long OR short makes no difference to me.

It's the payout that makes the most impact on my decision to fight OR pass.
    The weapons a Target defense has have nothing to do with the matching algorithm. Some low level players have won weapons they shouldn't have won, and end up not being able to continue. Those Targets with Tier levels far below their weapon power are still matched up by their defense level, not their weapon power. When I've selected those targets, they take much more weapon fire to kill than an equivalent power Target defense with normal weapons.

But the fact is, if you're making about the same off of long or short attacks, you will pick the long more often. So those people presenting long battles will get hit and lose more often than those with short defenses.
    I think I've stated all of what you just said countless times in the past, except for one thing ...

There is NO SHORT vs LONG defense that you have any control over. LOL

The rules are simple and haven't changed ... empty your vault, build a better drone ...
    ... if it's your fancy, deploy some MDUs (if you want to make your own battles tougher as a result).

When your setup becomes "imbalanced" all types of anomalies can occur.

I've also explained how if you don't upgrade the base, but close many of your contracts
    (increase your health) ...
    ... you can win with a sling shot and NEVER lose again.

"Imbalance" does work both ways. :cool:
  • warrior202warrior202 Registered Users 401 Posts
    Thank you guys for clarifications.

I also thought there is no logic where we can select our defense. Its assigned by glu to us forever. Well, i didnt like it. They should give some logic by which we can control our defense and it can change based on our weapons power or level or something. By which we can control a bit our defense. Because its very obvious short range is harder and time taking than long range. I am always getting full base, weapon, drone bots and its easy for me to complete long range much quicker.
    Game is just for FUN. Enjoy it guys.
    What you've said WARRIOR is quite true prior to the current iteration of CKS.

Speed, win streaks, number of PvP Battles per day ... all of those metrics mean nothing anymore.

The only relevance PvP has anymore is to acquire diamonds for upgrades ...
    ... it is now all about Event Tokens ... acquiring them, stockpiling them and using them in the most effective means possible.

200,000 AP requires as few as 200 CYBORG BASES to fall victim ... BUT ... could cost you 2,000 Event Tokens if you're not careful and all of that expense still doesn't guarantee you'll win a weapon; in fact the chances of winning a weapon are exactly 0.6% ... approaching 200-1.
    ... you don't need to be a Las Vegas denizen to realize those are losing odds. :(

Put another way ...
    ... without some serious "scales tipping" any given player might win a new weapon twice a year ...
    ... yep that's 2 x times a year (roughly 40 GLOBAL EVENTS and 120 GOLD LEAGUE Event Days)...
    maybe. That doesn't include the four week vacation that I've so generously deducted. :cool:

That's a helluva lot of work for so little return, if you ask me.