Can't watch video for free gold anymore

MelacaiMelacai Registered Users 3 Posts
Every time I click to watch a video for free gold, it just shows a spiral and won't let me click on it. Is this option not available anymore? Is there anything I can do to get it back?
Prev1

Comments

• IdkcIdkc Registered Users 8 Posts
    I've had this same issue too for about a couple wks now, since the 2x gold rewards ended, I sent in an error ticket but have not recvd a resp yet, it is a noticeable setback for free gold! If others the same, reply here and also send in a ticket to try to get fixed, thks.
  • Tofast4u2cTofast4u2c Registered Users 32 Posts
    Exactly same problem for me and I am paying for a subscription too. I put in a ticket this morning since I didn't see anyone else with the same problem.
    Born to Cruise, Forced to Work!
  • SlummerSlummer Registered Users 70 Posts
    I'm a subscriber as well and have not had any ads for approx 1 month. Sent a customer care request in and was told to read the FAQ section re: ads, which dasically states ads for gold are dependent on advertisers wanting to advertise to certain demographics and when. So basically as a subscriber you're only getting extra energies and auto updates.
    Wonder why our demographics (fancy word) hav suddenly aftr mnths or more of many matchs bcome no match for wks or more at a time, sounds strange. Got the same suggestd explain from Glu but still havnt heard back from Fryber. Hate to say but cud it be tht we watchd too many vids for free gold & are now blk-listd from tht optn. & many of the othr free offers havnt wrkd for me (with no ad-block or pop-up block on, spnd the time to complete & no gold, not worth time needed to ticket every one, on iOS pltfrm), the few 1-gold vids tht come up in the list seem most likely to work, here & there anothr one does, usu not the big ones tho.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    This has been an ongoing problem since CKS 6.0 was released.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?234877-I-did-an-offer-for-gold-5€-of-my-mobile-cash-gone-Didnt-receive-gold-And-ignored&p=535559&viewfull=1#post535559

No satisfactory explanation has been forthcoming from GLU other than, "We're investigating ..." and the usual blame it on the advertisers or the time honored excuse of "demographics" which is an expansion of the "geographic location" excuse.

In short, ever since subscriptions included double GOLD as a feature, the videos themselves have dried up and I cannot expect any reasonable remedy anytime soon.

All said, that spinning icon is more a symptom of an image failing to download, try clearing your game data and cache.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    Thanks for the info amsoft_! For me, the spinning icon either resolves to a color image that can be selectd (did when free gold videos was workg) or a grayed out image (like now all the time, or b4 at times whn no videos were being offerd). If this isn't fixd, not gonna be much opp for free gold (at least not for me), so hope it chgs/fixes.
  • MelacaiMelacai Registered Users 3 Posts
    I got a response:
    Hi Sniper YOUGOTME,

We got a word from the dev team and free videos should be available in the next game update. Our developers are diligently working on resolving it as quickly as possible. We ask for your patience and understanding while a fix is created.

We also want to give fair warning that you may experience this again - as locking down and fixing issues does take time on the development end. I assure you we are looking into this and investigating it rigorously!
    Cool, thanks for letting us know! Guess we weren't imagining the problem or became an undesirable demographic (smile). Now just gotta get that fall thru the floor and get stuck thing fixed too.
    I've seen some improvement on this problem since the upgrade (using iOS device), but still not as many opportunities to watch the videos for free gold (by selecting the icon) as before the problem started several weeks ago. What about others?
  • Tofast4u2cTofast4u2c Registered Users 32 Posts
    I was able to view videos for gold then nothing for 24 hours. Was thinking of putting in another ticket then another 4 or 5 videos so GLU may just be getting very stingy. No where close to what you could get in the past.
    Born to Cruise, Forced to Work!
  • Guestkh1981Guestkh1981 Registered Users 252 Posts
    with double gold offer going on on ios i am still unable to view a single video. i have given up on getting videos. i dont know in what demographic i have to be for the advertisers to show me videos.
    Still unable to view videos and there are no offers also
    Be happy you can play at all on iOS.

The last time double-GOLD was offered nobody was able to connect ...
    ... now that you can connect nobody is getting GOLD videos.

Apparently, the surgeons in the triage unit are unable to isolate the problem ...
    ... every time they attempt to address this issue, they break the iOS platform.

Take what you can and run.

*** SMH ***
    I moved to google a month ago. Got my profile transfered. Buddy glus got to u ur forgetting things ☺
    I moved to google a month ago. Got my profile transfered. Buddy glus got to u ur forgetting things ☺

I know players expect me to remember everyone's gaming setup, but I am ONLY human ...
    ... the last I checked anyways. :)

When posting (and that goes for everyone) stating your gaming platform helps to isolate the problem; especially when migrating between devices or platforms.

That said, I see no reason why you're not getting GOLD offers; most complaints surrounding this issue are from iOS players. On Google Play, free GOLD is (has always been) in great supply.

The common excuse (from GLU, I guess) is geography and demographics ... I'm not convinced for a rather simple reason ... if there are no sponsors in a given location, then why offer the game at all?

For Google Play, I might suggest that you clear your game data and cache; have you tried that?
  • Agent7RockyAgent7Rocky Registered Users 292 Posts
    Well in this case they give me videos to watch ..I got lot of gold from video labs
    So Jao 
    We expect u to be perfect scorpion 😊. Yes cleared cache of game and google it didnt help
    We expect u to be perfect scorpion ��. Yes cleared cache of game and google it didnt help

How about game data?
    Yes many times it didnt help. Can u guys post screens of offers for free gold.
    Screenshot_2017_03_19_21_50_32.png
    Change location
    Use a third party vpn app and set location as United kingdom..
    Remember game should be closed before opening vpn app.
    When vpn app get connected then open game and check videolabs..

FANTASTIC IDEA ... AGENT7ROCKY ...
    Yes many times it didnt help. Can u guys post screens of offers for free gold.
    Screenshot_2017_03_19_21_50_32.png

Here you go and this goes on for many pages @ roughly 10-20 per page.

Screenshot_20170319-163702.png?psid=1

"Mobile Strike" was always one of my favorites.
    Change location
    Use a third party vpn app and set location as United kingdom..
    Remember game should be closed before opening vpn app.
    When vpn app get connected then open game and check videolabs..
    Any sugestions for vps?
    Installed a free vpn. It did the job. Got the videos and offers back. But they were shirt lasting. After a couple if videos and offers it went back to the original state if being unavailable. Cleared all caches and data tried again still mussing videos and offers. As everything related to this game this was also shirt lasting
  • Gohuge88Gohuge88 Registered Users 13 Posts
    Simple fix and an easy way to stick it to Glu since I'm done and don't give a ****k....when videos stop go to settings>Google>Ads>then click "reset advertising id." Force stop and reboot the game. Watch all the videos you want. When they stop just go and repeat the process....watch away!!
    Gohuge88 wrote: »
    Simple fix and an easy way to stick it to Glu since I'm done and don't give a ****k....when videos stop go to settings>Google>Ads>then click "reset advertising id." Force stop and reboot the game. Watch all the videos you want. When they stop just go and repeat the process....watch away!!

Another excellent piece of advice worth trying; it may work provided there are videos available to watch.
    Installed a free vpn. It did the job. Got the videos and offers back. But they were shirt lasting. After a couple if videos and offers it went back to the original state if being unavailable. Cleared all caches and data tried again still mussing videos and offers. As everything related to this game this was also shirt lasting

This should have worked, but there are a couple of things left to try in conjunction with the VPN.

(1) Try another location OR VPN
    (2) Turn "Location Services" OFF altogether before making the VPN connection.

I'm curious as to what effect it has, if any.

Good Luck !!!
    Absolutely brothers
    So Jao 
    Location is off tried couple of vpn. Got the videos to work for a bit but game restarts and everything back to old. The offers were there for hakf a day but also disappeared. Too much of a haske fir me. The vpn resets after a while which resets the location on game also so it goes back
    On iOS it will not work
    Only Android
    So Jao 
    On iOS it will not work
    Only Android

I am on android
    Then try huges steps ..
    I think that will work
    So Jao 
    I am interested in finding out the legal implications of resetting the ad timer and getting gold for videos from it if any. How does glu still keep this loophole open if it works. They are known for fixing such issues in updates. For me i tried vpn its to much of hasle have to logout reset it reliad game takes times doing it over and over. Scorpion plz comment on this.