The final "death rattle"

bysbysbysbys Registered Users 19 Posts
Must say it was surprising that the Dev Team responded to my thread and also that they then just closed the thread.

But it's just a final death rattle of CKS so I'm not going to spend any more money on this game

CK3_DevTeam
Dear players, dev team would like to say thanks for CKS community for your feedback.
We would like to let you know that dev team is working on another update that will deliver new goodies:
- New tiers of guns
- New 38th region
- New tier of Base Defense
- Additional rewards for Clan Wars Season
- New Elite regions
- PVP and clan events

Stay tuned!

Comments

• bysbysbysbys Registered Users 19 Posts
    In their latest earnings call they put their games in three different categories:

Growth games - Top grossing games that stackbookings over time.
    Evergreen games - Worth investing in to extend bookings. (Daily operations focus - designed to support)
    Legacy games - Includes Contract Killer Sniper...
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bysbys wrote: »
    In their latest earnings call they put their games in three different categories:

Growth games - Top grossing games that stackbookings over time.
    Evergreen games - Worth investing in to extend bookings. (Daily operations focus - designed to support)
    Legacy games - Includes Contract Killer Sniper...

Yes ... Yes ... and Yes, so what's your point? CKS has been on it's death bed since November of last year so I feel compelled to asked you BYS, do you own stock in GLU or are you simply blowing off steam?

You've been around long enough to know that the "death of CKS" is very subjective.

Will we get any new levels? Who knows for sure but if you ask my Clan Mate TRY_AGAIN, you'll find he's happy playing the same boring (has been for over a year, by the way), repetitive battle scenarios, quite frankly, forever ... even on multiple devices and all at varying levels in the game ...
    ... he has found the "sweet spot" because it doesn't make any difference at all whether you're at TIER 39 or TIER 9; it's all the same anyway. Any sense of achievement was purely an illusion.

So the real question that has persisted for the last year is why do you keep playing?

"Doomsday" arrived when GLU stopped any new development for the game, at the very least 50 Days past, but probably NOT since January of this year.

GLU might release new levels ... if AND when the majority of those still playing reach TIER 38/39 ...
    ... a level playing field, if you will; the game is in serious need of a "reset" anyway.

CKS is in dire straits, there's no doubt about that, but it did last for more than 2 years and by GLU standards, that's quite an achievement. The veterans and "high rollers" would (should) have stopped spending when the new levels stopped coming.

CKS wasn't the first game GLU released entitled "Contract Killer" and I seriously doubt it will be the last.

Would I play again? ...
    ... probably not since once in a lifetime on the GLU merry-go-round is good enough for me. :cool:

NOTHING lasts forever.

Keep the faith, but in the meantime ...

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I've been one of the biggest complainers on this game, predicting it's demise when Tier 10 was released! But, I'm still here, and plan to ride it out into the sunset. Came close to quitting when Amazon was stopped from all updates, but brought my 2 original players over, with a new one on Bluestacks first to feel the waters. And, just a week or so ago, started up a 4th one on my Tracfone. (yes, even a $120 cheap phone - Samsung Sky with a one year pre-paid plan can nicely play this game!)

There's something very calming about killing bots with just enough randomness to keep the brain engaged, and enjoy the bodies kicking and sprawling about. As long as there's some growth area to follow, it keeps me entertained.

But, true to my form, there is one new wrinkle that my lower tier players are very concerned about. The sudden loss of Store Sales! This could halt the need to earn free gold which has been one of my top goals. But like all other GLU surprises, I'm still hopeful. Will it be just a single new release with only one tier/region and weapons set? We will see. It's a shame to see all the top players walking out the door, because GLU has deemed us a legacy.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    It has always been my belief that CKS moved into "legacy" status in December of 2016.

The "Great GOLD Rush" hammered the final nail in the CKS coffin as many of the "high rollers" stockpiled 10s of thousands of GOLD BARS; consequently GLU's primary source of revenue dried up overnight.

How ironic is it, that the demise of one of GLU's most popular and financially successful products, would come by the hands of their own incompetence and greed? ...
    ... it's even more ironic, that the very players who helped build this game destroyed it for essentially the same reasons.

In the end though, the blame belongs to GLU and GLU alone.

*** SMH ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • GiulistallionGiulistallion Registered Users 145 Posts
    So try_again is Kane? ;-)
    "Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it" :cool:
  • GiulistallionGiulistallion Registered Users 145 Posts
    bysbys wrote: »
    Must say it was surprising that the Dev Team responded to my thread and also that they then just closed the thread.

But it's just a final death rattle of CKS so I'm not going to spend any more money on this game

So.....new update is coming? I didn't understand.....
    "Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it" :cool:
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    So try_again is Kane? ;-)

No - nowhere near his level! I am SBDV3, SBDJR2, SBD2, and SBDBLUE. (currently, lol)
    So.....new update is coming? I didn't understand.....

Any minute now... GLU likes the drum roll intro to last a week or two?
    Dear players, dev team would like to say thanks for CKS community for your feedback.
    We would like to let you know that dev team is working on another update that will deliver new goodies:
    - New tiers of guns
    - New 38th region
    - New tier of Base Defense
    - Additional rewards for Clan Wars Season
    - New Elite regions
    - PVP and clan events

Stay tuned!
  • NABEEL707NABEEL707 Registered Users 13 Posts
    Ck3_DevTeam

Should we uninstall our CKS game and quit all the mess that you have created.
    In last times this game was much better and creative..
    You really disappointed all users of game and those lately updates are killing everyone here who has spent bunch of time..
    My request is to please remove glitches in game and update always like you did every month ( new levels and base) and let us fun..
    Regards..
  • Agent7RockyAgent7Rocky Registered Users 292 Posts
    I'm hearing this from months ..But still didn't saw anything new ..I'm bored ..lol
    So jao glu
    So Jao