Game crashing to home screen at the downloading screen after splash (Ipad)

As of two days ago, the app will not launch pass the downloading update screen after the logo shows up. It immediately closes to the Ipad home screen while still showing up as a process running in the background when you bring up other tabs. All other apps and games on the device work without issue, a power off/on reset does not fix the problem. We would reinstall the app but apple says that any game save data after IOS 8.X does not get carried over and we are running IOS 9.5x.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated, we've put in a lot of time into this game because we love it so much and we would hate for our progress to disappear.

Edit: There's also more than 5GB of free space on the device.
Edit2: Also tried disabling wifi connection and using airplane mode. Forgot I tried that fix originally. Still doesn't work as of 4/24.

Edit3: I had given up trying to launch the game but found it running in the background around 5/13/17. The game had reset and was running the tutorial. Months of daily progress was lost. No solution was ever found.

Comments

• cdfancdfan Registered Users 5 Posts
    For some reason my game runs much better when i put my device on airplane mode. Not always possible but it stopped the slow loading and crashing
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Sounds like airplane mode solves just about everything