Options for gaining gold are dwindling

I used to get the chance to watch about 10 videos from 8pm (EDT) each night for gold. It seems recently that I get ripped off a little - I watch 9 or 10 videos, but some don't give gold at the end, so I only get 6 or 7 golds . . .

I've also found that the chances to watch videos throughout the day and get one gold on "Other Offers" are just not there anymore. I tend to check every hour or so, and there are no offers (and I've learned not to do any other offers, because then my email becomes clogged with spam mail and it's not worth it.)

I've played this game for over a year and a half, and maybe it's time I say goodbye to it . . . The progress has become too slow to achieve without paying money for gold. I don't even bother playing most of the time, because I'm just trying to gain enough gold to make one upgrade, and when they cost 25+ gold, it now takes a few days to get that much. Very frustrating.

Comments

• CookingDashgalCookingDashgal Registered Users 81 Posts
    HeidiFish wrote: »
    I used to get the chance to watch about 10 videos from 8pm (EDT) each night for gold. It seems recently that I get ripped off a little - I watch 9 or 10 videos, but some don't give gold at the end, so I only get 6 or 7 golds . . .

I've also found that the chances to watch videos throughout the day and get one gold on "Other Offers" are just not there anymore. I tend to check every hour or so, and there are no offers (and I've learned not to do any other offers, because then my email becomes clogged with spam mail and it's not worth it.)

I've played this game for over a year and a half, and maybe it's time I say goodbye to it . . . The progress has become too slow to achieve without paying money for gold. I don't even bother playing most of the time, because I'm just trying to gain enough gold to make one upgrade, and when they cost 25+ gold, it now takes a few days to get that much. Very frustrating.

I totally get your frustration. I remember having gold events and more gold drops from VIPs when I played the game in 2016. I just started playing again. I am hoping the game gets more interesting. I need to save up gold to open another venue.
  • elizard123elizard123 Registered Users 52 Posts
    Thanks for posting this! I’ve played this game since 2015, and just now I’m feeling like gold acquisition is just pathetic. Today I received 5 gold for watching probably 10 videos. I haven’t seen a gold event in months, and the coin exchange hasn’t happened in a long while either. With how much gold it costs to complete a venue, even putting down real cash would become cost prohibitive without becoming financially irresponsible to an average player. Something has got to give. If they’re no longer focusing on cooking dash, and moving on to other products, I can understand that. But at least go out with some dignity. Wrap up the game and bring back opportunities for gold so that your loyal players can finish the game satisfied.
  • heart.aTTackheart.aTTack Registered Users 3 Posts
    they used to drop gold on the weekends but not anymore.

I'm a paying player. I expect better options as a paying customer of this game.

Lina Sayer's eyes are made out of nipples and I'm tired of being laughed at by McGee.
    elizard123 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this! I’ve played this game since 2015, and just now I’m feeling like gold acquisition is just pathetic. Today I received 5 gold for watching probably 10 videos. I haven’t seen a gold event in months, and the coin exchange hasn’t happened in a long while either. With how much gold it costs to complete a venue, even putting down real cash would become cost prohibitive without becoming financially irresponsible to an average player. Something has got to give. If they’re no longer focusing on cooking dash, and moving on to other products, I can understand that. But at least go out with some dignity. Wrap up the game and bring back opportunities for gold so that your loyal players can finish the game satisfied.

I agree they should tell us what the future of the game is. I don't like the Fame events. I can collect all the VIPS and boots but I can't play them if I have no gold to upgrade venues. I am hoping they will announce a closing date for the game and or start pumping some life into it. It seems like they create a game and focus on it for a while. After a year or so they move on. Why keep updating if you aren't making money from it? You want to put the best product in the marketplace so people will encouraged to spend money.
    I agree they should tell us what the future of the game is. I don't like the Fame events. I can collect all the VIPS and boots but I can't play them if I have no gold to upgrade venues. I am hoping they will announce a closing date for the game and or start pumping some life into it. It seems like they create a game and focus on it for a while. After a year or so they move on. Why keep updating if you aren't making money from it? You want to put the best product in the marketplace so people will encouraged to spend money.

Well said. I have no problem paying for gold also, as I have here and there in the past. But with the game being open ended like this, I hesitate to make any further purchases. If I knew where this game was going, or if the gold costs and opportunities were better, I could budget out what I’d like to spend per venue. It doesn’t help that the gold costs per upgrade become more extreme as you go up levels.

Anyway, if this game wrapped up on a positive note instead of stringing me along, I would be encouraged to check out their other games. Don’t get me wrong though, I sincerely love the game and I probably won’t give up on it while it exists. But don’t expect me to invest very much if it doesn’t look like the creators are investing themselves in their product either.
    I haven't purchased gold . I didn't get the update on my Kindle so I am guessing. They might stop updating. I am going to sit back and watch to see what happens.
    wow. just got the newly updated game with all the new bells and whistles. nice to see they addressed the useless coin issue. so folks, the game wasn’t abandoned at all, they’ve been hard at work at this massive update and game play change. will have to give this one a “spin” the next few days to form an opinion. it’s a lot more features that were just added, I hope Glu can keep up with itself. hoping for the best!
    elizard123 wrote: »
    wow. just got the newly updated game with all the new bells and whistles. nice to see they addressed the useless coin issue. so folks, the game wasn’t abandoned at all, they’ve been hard at work at this massive update and game play change. will have to give this one a “spin” the next few days to form an opinion. it’s a lot more features that were just added, I hope Glu can keep up with itself. hoping for the best!

Thank you for giving me hope. I really thinking about quitting the game at the end of this month. I haven't received the update on Kindle yet but I hope its coming.

What did they do to address the coin issue? What are some of the new bells and whistles you like?
  • Flavia MassonFlavia Masson Registered Users 18 Posts
    Now you can spin a wheel for coins, and there is some prizes like gold, boosts and tokens. Now there is this tokens, so you need to collect them and you can earn auto chefes, clothes for Flo and Pets. Also, there is now new challenges, like season finale: you need to win 5 games in a row to win something in each restaurant. I'm trying the first season finale and its fun (there is infinite guests, they order random food everytime, but you have a really limited time to reach 10 stars, you cant loose anytime hahaha, its difficult but made the game funnier). And there is some more updates but they are not available yet :)
  • Flavia MassonFlavia Masson Registered Users 18 Posts
    Now everything is gone 😪
  • SarahYSarahY Registered Users 5 Posts
    I played the new version today too and loved it. I went to have a shower and when I came back it had all gone! What a tease!
  • HeidiFishHeidiFish Registered Users 78 Posts
    Mine was all gone earlier, too. And now I got a message that it will be back later and in the meanwhile they gave 20 gold. So I'm good with waiting a bit.
    Mine was all gone earlier, too. And now I got a message that it will be back later and in the meanwhile they gave 20 gold. So I'm good with waiting a bit.

I noticed this morning that they posted on their Facebook page that an update and new venue is a available. So I wonder why it disappeared.

New version of Cooking Dash is out on the App and Google Play Store! It's time to update and party with Flo!🔅
    🐚Prepare your palate for an authentic multi-course Spanish Tapas experience - under the sea! Bienvenidos a… Tapas del Mar!🐟
    🌊 Complete 60 brand new levels swimming with classic seafood tapas like Prawns a la Plancha, Paella, and Ceviche!
    🌊 Serve up authentic Spanish appetizers like Gazpacho, Spanish Olives, and more!
    🌊 Decorate your underwater restaurant to fill it with exotic sea life!
    🦀 AutoChef Señor Clawdio is the crabbiest chef around! 🦀
    🌊 Señor Clawdio will keep your Combo station fully prepped and upgraded, AND auto-serve all appetizers!
    🔈 Available to download now! 🔈
    🍎 iOS: http://apple.co/2vfBcJ6
    🤖 Android: http://bit.ly/1Y67EUG
    ⭐ How do you like this new venue? Let us know! ⭐
  • HeidiFishHeidiFish Registered Users 78 Posts
    If you noticed on that update that came and then disappeared, the info was all dated from back in July. I'm guessing they've been trying to get the update out since then and have been working out bugs. That's about when the coins-for-gold promos stopped, too.
    If you noticed on that update that came and then disappeared, the info was all dated from back in July. I'm guessing they've been trying to get the update out since then and have been working out bugs. That's about when the coins-for-gold promos stopped, too.

Thanks for the tip. I guess that is why things have been so quiet. That sounds like a really long plan. Maybe they are trying to revamp the game and drawn in more players. I play Gordon Ramsay Dash and it took months for the Social Hub to finally get to me. It was worth the wait. I hope this will be too.