Cheaters in Trial of Style?

bluefire1983bluefire1983 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
I've noticed some "ghost" players appearing in the Trial of Style leaderboard--see the screencap for the brand new Level 1 player "Shintrbl" with ZERO saucers and no items, who is still able to get more than 8,000 points!
How is this possible? Is Cooking Dash going to do anything about these cheaters/hackers, such as suspending their accounts? They are spoiling the game for the rest of us who are playing legitimately and working hard to prep recipes and buy upgrades!! @DashingMike

Comments

• Karenc8898Karenc8898 Registered Users 20 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I reported people in My Trial of Style (level 7, 1 golden saucer) earning over 10,000 points in each venue several days ago.  They are still there, and beating everyone.

It is impossible that someone who is level 1 (or 7) to have played the venues enough to have even unlocked Trial of Style venues, let alone have those ridiculous scores.

It made me pay attention- someone else who had around 4,000 in every venue went to first place in a matter of 5 minutes, and suddenly had scores around 11-12,000. 

Ver disappointing that that nothing is being done. I feel crazy cheated, as without these two players I’d be 3rd, and win the Enzo Sushi item. 
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Hey there! I've talked to the team and they've confirmed that they are not cheaters. These are actual players with saucers and using boosts. The reason you're unable to see how many saucers they have or information on the users are due to some bad code. The team is looking to fix this as soon as they are able to. Thanks for your patience. :)
    So, how can someone go from a 3-4,000 score in all venues to 10-12,000 in every venue in about 5 minutes?
    I need THAT strategy plan. 
    It is possible if you've unlocked all prep recipe slots and have a bunch of saucers. Competition does tend to drive people to work harder to get more points.
    Even if they legitimately scored 8000 points higher on their second attempt - it’s not physically possible to replay all 16 venues this week for a better score in under 5 minutes, as I watched them do. 
    Sometimes it does not ping the servers pending on their internet connection which may be why their score updated to a large amount. If you firmly believe that this is a cheater, feel free to PM me and I'll have the developers take a look.
  • DennieDennie Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    Is it actually possible to cheat in Trial of Style though? I have a player in mine on level 33 with no saucers who is scoring crazy scores on every level. I really don’t want to be rude as I am sure it’s possible but it is a bit odd. I also have everything unlocked but they are scoring higher than anyone I have ever seen first time. 
    From what we've seen there isn't a way to cheat in Trial of Style. There is an issue if a player plays on multiple devices on an older version, their saucers won't show up and it shows as 0. This is something we're trying to fix.
    I see, thank you. 
  • jonahfalconjonahfalcon Registered Users 27 Posts
    You're joking, right? I know plenty of ways to send false stats from a hacked phone or tablet.

Sorry, even with the best stats I can't see how you can score 10,000 on Table Steaks.

It's disheartening since I used to place in the top 5 consistantly but now I feel like I needn't bother.
  • LaydiaLaydia Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    edited September 2018
    Should have posted it here. Just today popping in my leaderboard straight to 1st place who was not in top 10 until just now no saucers exp level 30. Impossible! No other persons without saucers not possible this is not a cheater. Got tos name and pictures for you to check
    Sure. Feel free to PM me screenshot of cheaters. I can run it through the development team to see if they're cheaters. The last couple of screenshots from users were verified as non cheaters from the team but I'd be more than happy to show it to them for more investigation.
    I’ve seen people score 14 - 15,000 on party fowl! I once got 11,000 but that was a fluke. I keep trying to score higher in those early venues but just can’t do it! They always hold me back. 
    Just started and now already in no 1 a level 8 and no saucers no 4 is also quite suspicious please check
  • kt2jdtsmomkt2jdtsmom Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    This is probably the wrong place for this as I'm not accusing anyone of cheating, but in the current trial of style, I'm second in every venue except the last one, where I'm first, yet I'm ranked third overall.  The person ranked 1st has scored lower than me in every venue.  How does this happen? I've closed and reopened the program, yet still shows the same results. I'm confused! DashingMike can you explain? 
  • bluefire1983bluefire1983 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    edited October 2018
    @kt2jdtsmom did you try adding up the current first place player’s scores in each restaurant to see if it tallies up with the leaderboard? Seems like the most straightforward way to check. 
    @bluefire1983 yes I did that and I get 31,989, which clearly is not the score shown on the leaderboard.
    I noticed that not all players shown in the leaderbord are in the venues i played for this trial of style, it seems that possibly they have different venues than you, did you check the peron is in all the venues you played? Maybe they had scores from different venues which is why it doesnt seem to add up. 
    @Laydia they are indeed listed in all my venues...just with scores lower than mine. In the past when I've noticed players on the leaderboard not in the venue it's because they haven't played that venue yet (I.e., they've only played say 5 of the 7 venues open). Eventually they show up...or at least that's been my experience.
    Have you finished all the restaurants or just the ones that have been time released so far? If not the player may have paid to open up the next set of restaurants and just played more than you so far?
    Thanks @Dennie! I didn't even know you could pay to unlock them sooner.  Your comment made me go look. I've only played the ones that have been time released thus far, so perhaps you've found the answer.  Guess I'll know for certain once they've all been released ( since I don't plan to pay to unlock them) but that certainly seems to be the logical answer to my question.
    Glad to help 🤗
  • XQJQXQJQ Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Pls find more of the instances below. 

It’s one thing if the saucer info is missing.. when users levels are unrealistically low, it’s another matter.

if there are cheaters, they are depriving users who played the game hard and fair a chance to win. 

• XQJQXQJQ Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    @DashingMike pls find other instances. Increasing so.