Videos don't play

gypsychkgypsychk Registered Users 100 Posts
After losing progress and getting most of it back (after a several days and a couple of exchanges with day-long waits between them), videos don't play for me. Anyone had this issue? Here's what was suggested ... suggested steps were either not an issue (I'm already connected to strong wifi, for example), or made no different (clearing the cache); I'm now waiting for another response:

Following was removed with no explanation. Seems to me it'd be helpful to someone. So I'm putting it back.

Troubleshooting steps:

Before we say anything else, please DO NOT UNINSTALL to try fixing troubles. You could delete your savegame and not be able to recover it. Try the suggestions below first, and if you are still having trouble you can contact support.

The majority of problems with any game can be solved by ensuring you have plenty of system resources and a good reliable bandwidth connection to your Internet Service Provider.

CLOSE ALL OTHER PROGRAMS

When you exit out of any app it does not completely disappear from working memory. When there are several programs left running in the background, they may compete with the game for space and processing time.

Let this game run by itself and see if its performance improves. Before launching this game, it is a good idea to close all other running apps (Double tap home button to see apps running. swipe the upwards with finger to clear from memory) and if you really want to be on the safe side, then power down the device and restart, to ensure no program stubs remain.

DON’T LET YOUR STORAGE GET TOO FULL

If your device is nearly full, problems may occur. Make sure that you have plenty of extra free space above the actual program size, for caching purposes. Apps need space to write and store temporary files. If your device's storage space is nearing full, delete some old unused free apps or move some media files to another device, to free up some space.

CHECK THE QUALITY OF YOUR CONNECTION

The quality of the Internet connection can affect game stability. Always use a reliable Wi-Fi connection rather than a network connection (3G, 4G) because mobile connections can vary wildly.

Having high "bars" indicates good signal strength but may not reflect actual throughput. Even if you have good signal strength showing for your Wi-Fi connection, your bandwidth may be limited if the network is congested, For example, if there are many users sharing the network and/or others are doing bandwidth-intensive activities such as streaming video, you might not be getting good throughput.

There are free bandwidth tests to check your total throughput. You needn’t install any software, these can run right through your device’s browser. Just search for “bandwidth test.” You should have at least 10Mb download and 3Mb upload for the game to run properly.

Prev1

Comments

• DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    edited November 2017
    Hey there! Sorry to hear that you're having issues with gold offer videos. While I am unable to reproduce this on Android or iOS, we have had a couple of users write in about it. We're taking a look.
  • gypsychkgypsychk Registered Users 100 Posts
    Don't know if it'll help, but here are my symptoms:
    - When I click a free gold video offer, I get a little word balloon popup (that immediately disappears) that reads something like, "Your video is loading." I do NOT get the message that says there are currently no video offers available.
    - When I click an offer after I lose a level (don't make minimum coins needed to get one star), I'm offered something (a VIP, gold or groceries) in exchange for watching a video. If I click "Yes," I get a black screen with the spinning icon that usually indicates video is loading.
  • level003level003 Registered Users 73 Posts
    I am having the exact same problem gypsychk described on android. Even tried cleaning up phone to make more space. No dice.
  • luvmybaby102103luvmybaby102103 Registered Users 24 Posts
    I too am having issues...only a black screen with a loading icon...haven't been able to get my 8 free gold for 4 days now.
  • anitaclaireanitaclaire Registered Users 25 Posts
    Same issue.  Any news?
    @anitaclaire Nope. Only the response I posted above. I'm guessing it won't be until at least Monday before I hear back.
  • Chinab4uChinab4u Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm having the same issues, as well. It's been almost a week now.
  • frostbiteesfrostbitees Registered Users 3 Posts
    Same problem here on both Free Gold and on Accelerate Recipe. After it does spins for a while it will not let me click it either at all. Also strange that when I press my touch screen it quickly displays the video advertisement that it's trying to play with the media play arrow in the middle of the screen. I hope it's resolved soon. Losing out on free gold. Thanks for looking into this problem.
    edited November 2017
    - Removing ticket response -
    - DashingMike
  • Salmon rollSalmon roll Registered Users 106 Posts
    For me, the video offer button sometimes does not work. I have to restart to get into a video
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Sorry to hear that it's still not working for you guys. When this happens, can you try toggling your wifi off and on to see if that helps with loading the ad?
    gypsychk said:

- Removing ticket response -
    - DashingMike

???
    I figured the information would help people. Whatever.
    Long story short: they asked for information about my phone.

Sorry to hear that it's still not working for you guys. When this happens, can you try toggling your wifi off and on to see if that helps with loading the ad?

While the video isn't loading, you mean? Or before trying to load a video? Tried it, no change.
    Have restarted the game, the phone and wifi. No change.
  • Salmon rollSalmon roll Registered Users 106 Posts
    Yesterday I got a grand total of 2 gold.
  • RloxRlox Registered Users 3 Posts
    Same problem here. All of the proposed solutions don't help me.
    I have tried all the suggestions also and still have problems.  Thank you gypsychk for reporting it. 
  • mandycwymandycwy Registered Users 14 Posts
    Same problem here.  Please confirm when could it be fixed! 
    Received a message today telling me that others have reported the problem and they're working on it.
  • adashplayeradashplayer Registered Users 20 Posts
    I've experienced the same problem since a week or so. Really annoying!
  • mandycwymandycwy Registered Users 14 Posts
    The problem still couldn't be solved for more than a week!  Please fix it ASAP!! 
  • jenkrjenkr Registered Users 1 Posts
    Yep I am having the exact same problem and have been for almost a week now. I hope someone really is looking into this. When I click on the "watch video" button either to earn free gold or to accelerate a recipe or to accept an offer of coins or super prep kitchen customers (or whatever they are called, that sometimes pop up after you finish a level), after I push the button a black screen comes up with the little circle spinning thing in the middle. and like someone else mentioned I can tap on the screen and something shows up at the bottom telling me what video should be playing, and the play button appears over the spinning Circle but if I try tapping on that play button nothing happens. And I sit and wait through the black screen with the spinning Circle mostly just because there is not a way to exit out of it, and when it's finally done no rewards are received. And if I try to click the button again to watch a video nothing happens. I can't even get the black screen to reappear until I have quit the game and started it up again later. Anyway I don't think I'm saying anything new, looks like all of these things have been mentioned by people, but I figured maybe the more people that post about it the more seriously they will take it and hopefully act on it. Because it is really annoying. Even if I'm not itrying to accelerate a recipe or get free gold, if an offer pops up for coins or a prep kitchen customer I want to be able to accept it but instead I just end up sitting through a blank screen for 60 seconds or whatever. Anyway, I hope someone's reading these and really working on fixing it.
  • unique19902unique19902 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Same here. Very much looking forward to solving the problem.
  • frostbiteesfrostbitees Registered Users 3 Posts
    It would be nice to get a response as to when or if this will be fixed. I do purchas gold but it's nice to get the perk of free gold and being able to accelerate prep recipes. 
     got a little excited when a video played this morning, thought maybe it was fixed,  but only one video, and no free gold.  ?
     got a little excited when a video played this morning, thought maybe it was fixed,  but only one video, and no free gold.  ?

Had the same thing happen. Just ooone piece of gold.

In other news, received another response that they're working on it. I think they closed my ticket (with no resolution), but I can't tell.
    Well. I moved the game from my SD card back to my Android's internal storage. Tried playing a video and it worked!
    Once. Only once.
    Video is back to not working, so I'm moving the game back to the SD card.
  • deedee20tsdeedee20ts Registered Users 7 Posts
    Same thing for over a week. I would occasionally buy gold but absolutely refuse to now out of principle. This game takes forever with only three gold a day. Won't play much longer if this is not fixed soon.
    It is getting frustrating. I also have purchased gold on many occasions,  but not going to either until fixed.  Kinda losing interest since i can't get any further without upgrades. 
  • luvmybaby102103luvmybaby102103 Registered Users 24 Posts
    Been 2 weeks now...still not working...
  • deedee20tsdeedee20ts Registered Users 7 Posts
    I just received a message that since they haven't heard from ME since their last response (which was to say they are looking into it) they assume the issue has been resolved and have closed the ticket!