Videos don't play

2Next

Comments

• gypsychkgypsychk Registered Users 100 Posts
    Hey, @DashingMike ... an update, here, would be appreciated. Even if just to say, "We can't fix it and have moved on."
    edited November 2017

I just received a message that since they haven't heard from ME since their last response (which was to say they are looking into it) they assume the issue has been resolved and have closed the ticket! 

I just opened a new ticket reporting the same issue, since they either closed my ticket or stopped responding.

Is anyone who is experiencing this issue NOT using an Android? (i.e., On iOS, Kindle, etc.)
  • lovemydmblovemydmb Registered Users 1 Posts
    Just signed up because of this issue.  Nothing is working for me.  Seems like it was fixed for a day then it went back to not working.  
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Hey guys. Sorry for the delay. We're still taking a look at this. Any information you guys have about it would help. Would you be able to answer these questions?

1. Are you on Android or iOS?
    2. Are you unable to watch any video at all (video doesn't play) or you are able to watch videos but they won't speed up the prep recipe/give gold.
    3. Does this happen on the first video you watched for the day or after you've watched a couple of videos.

Any additional information you guys have would be helpful. Thanks.
  • deedee20tsdeedee20ts Registered Users 7 Posts
    Android, not able to watch any videos at all. I just get a black screen with a loading circle for the time of the video then it goes back to the game. After this happens the first time it doesn't even go the black screen.
    edited November 2017
    Thanks, @DashingMike ...

Android

2. Are you unable to watch any video at all (video doesn't play) or you are able to watch videos but they won't speed up the prep recipe/give gold.

No video plays ever AND nothing happens after it doesn't play :smile:

3. Does this happen on the first video you watched for the day or after you've watched a couple of videos.

I can't watch any videos ever. Doesn't matter if I just launched the app or if I have been playing for a while.
  • anitaclaireanitaclaire Registered Users 25 Posts
    Android.  I was able to watch 3 videos today,  and i received the gold.  After that it switched back to the spinning circle.  In the last two weeks or so,  i have been able to watch about 13 videos,  and received gold for all but two.   they usually work early in the morning. I am not able to see videos to accelerate prep kitchen recipes. 
  • level003level003 Registered Users 73 Posts
    1. Android
    2. Sometimes get black screen, white circle, no video, sometimes get weird bubble message that my video is loading (it never does), mostly NOTHING happens when I press the video button, very rarely I get an actual video and receive gold.
    3. I get these results all day long. 
    PLUS tonight I have a new problem. It keeps crashing right after I start an episode. I just lost 20 groceries and 2 Maggies for nothing. Now I truly will have to stop playing. Please fix! I really love this game when it's working right. 

• RloxRlox Registered Users 3 Posts
    -> Android

-> I am unable to watch any video. I just get a black screen / loading circle

-> I cannnot watch any video. The first time after restart I get a black screen/loading circle. After that nothing happens after pushing video button.

• angelicleedivine7angelicleedivine7 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I've had the same problem for about 2 weeks.

I'm on Android.

I can't watch any videos. Whether it's for free gold or because I failed a level (which happens a frequently now because I can't buy upgrades like I need to). I get a black screen with the loading circle.

I cannot watch any videos ever.

I've reported the issue through the app, but just got the working on it response.
  • unique19902unique19902 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Rlox said:

-> Android
    -> I am unable to watch any video. I just get a black screen / loading circle
    -> I cannnot watch any video. The first time after restart I get a black screen/loading circle. After that nothing happens after pushing video button.

Exactly the same situation.
  • adashplayeradashplayer Registered Users 20 Posts
    1) I'm on Android. 2) I'm unable to watch any video for free gold/speeding up recipes. However, sometimes after I played an episode, I get a video but those are the ones that don't give you anything (and you can close it after a couple of seconds). So I don't gain anything with these. 3) After every restart of the game, the first time I see the black screen with a loading cirle. If I tap the screen during that, a pause/play button appears and sometimes I can see what the ad is for in the bottom of the screen (a small popup), but the video itself doesn't play at all. After that, most of the time nothing happens when I press the Video offer button, or sometimes there is a small popup like in a comic saying something about that it is loading, but that one popups and disappears so fast that it is hard to read.
  • deedee20tsdeedee20ts Registered Users 7 Posts
    I was just able to get 8 free gold and 10 accelerated recipes from videos for the first time in 2 weeks!!!

I was just able to get 8 free gold and 10 accelerated recipes from videos for the first time in 2 weeks!!!

Lucky devil) No changes for me(
  • pami_wasabipami_wasabi Registered Users 6 Posts
    1. iOS
    2. Both. Sometimes I can’t watch videos AND sometimes I can but won’t speed up recipe/give gold.
    3. Both. It happens on first video AND couple times during the day.

~ Thank you DashingMike for responding to us.
    Yeah boy! I've managed to earn 5 free gold today!
    WOOHOO! I just earned one ... and then another. Testing more things now:
    • Speed up video: WORKED!
    • Lose a round, watch video for reward: WORKED!
    :):):)
  • level003level003 Registered Users 73 Posts
    Me too! So happy!!!
  • adashplayeradashplayer Registered Users 20 Posts
    Yes it works again for me as well!
  • anitaclaireanitaclaire Registered Users 25 Posts
    The free gold and speed ups work for me now also, i tried losing an episode to try that and it still didn't work,  but that's ok, i don't get them very much anyway. Just happy I can work towards some upgrades!
    Awesome! Glad to hear it's starting to work. Did this happen around November 18 for you guys?
    @DashingMike Yes, some time yesterday is when I noticed.
    Awesome to hear! Please let me know if you guys are still encountering issues with the videos!
  • ItsmeItsme Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm on an iOS, videos will not load and if one happens to load, I do not get the gold, I lost all of my progress about 2 weeks ago and had to start over, now I might be able to play 2 times before I get kicked off and have to sign back in and the problems just keep going on! It's beginning to be not worth the time and effort to play Cooking Dash!!
    I’m on iOS too and game kicks me out. If I’m lucky, I can play 2 games. I think this is my cue to leave the game completely... too bad, because I just received an iTunes card for $50! 
    Sorry to hear you're getting kicked out @Itsme and @pami_wasabi! Please contact Customer Care as they'll be able to help assist and see why you're crashing so often.
    I have contacted them two weeks ago. They asked for my bandwidth WiFi Info and that’s about it. Never heard from them since, my ticket was closed. I had zero problems until the newest update came. It’s all right, I’m done, spent enough money here. Thanks for your time Mike. 
  • ChefDiyChefDiy Registered Users 2 Posts
    Since I beat Gordon Ramsay in chef duels I am not offered a free duel token for watching a video.
  • ginnyenagyginnyenagy Registered Users 6 Posts
    It really is hit or miss whether my free gold loads and/or whether I actually get the gold associated with it. Which...don't know why and it is frustrating.