Lost All Progress

Comments

• gypsychkgypsychk Registered Users 100 Posts

Does this happen when you close the game for the evening and then launch it the next morning? Do you get the loading screen?

Not sure, but I'll try and take note of this in the future so I can answer.

Additionally, do you launch the game, everything looks fine, and then randomly you get the loading screen and then you lose your progress?

No. I am pretty sure I launch and the game immediately takes me back to the start. (I don't see progress and then not see progress; it's just not there when I start the game up.)

@DashingMike So I opened the game this morning and this happened:
    1. Saw the startup screen, as normal.
    2. Game started at season 1, level 1 of table steaks. I figured I'd lost progress again.
    3. Flo appeared on the screen, juggling saucers. (Over table steaks)
    4. Table steaks game play never started and the game took me back to the main game screen (view of all the restaurant). I had not lost my progress.
    Hope that helps someone :smile:
  • chobits1chobits1 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    HI!
    I've been in contact with customer care in regards to my lost data. They said if I had not connected with facebook I would not be able to have my data restored. HOWEVER, I was connected with Facebook and then for some reason it disconnected. They wanted me to give my history purchase (within the app). I am pulling up my itunes history but I don't see any purchase history for my most recent venues. I forgot the names but one was the cat crepes, the ice cream palor one, the lava one and then also the dim sum Chinese one. I see alot of my purchase is for the gold. Is there a way I can do this instead of having to take a photo through itunes? If I was connected previously through Facebook then I should be able to have my information restored, correct? As it is, I am trying to get the games restarted but its frustrating to lose all the data. They gave me coins and some gold but I spent a over 100 dollars on the coins, etc and the upgrades.

Thanks.
  • level003level003 Registered Users 73 Posts
    That same scenario played out for me too yesterday.
    @DashingMike Happened again this morning. (No permanent lost progress.) Forgot one additional point:
    5. The "News" icon (bottom left of my screen) showed a "7," as though I'd not yet viewed the 7 news items about pets, etc.
  • mrswestiemrswestie Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    This has just happened to me too. Had the game open. Closed it. Opened up and back to Table Steaks, Level 1 with no progress. 

It’s happened before and I am so annoyed as got nothing back so had to start again.... NOT doing it again!!
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Hey there mrswestie. Thanks for letting me know. Did you happen to toggle with your facebook login at any time. Additionally, did you delete or reinstall the game? If you can let me know the steps that you did before the game wiped your progress, that'd be super helpful. Additionally, you can contact Customer Care through the settings and they'll be able to help recover your progress.
    Hey there @chobits1! Any of your purchases will help verify your account for them to help recover. Unfortunately, if they're requesting receipts, you're at the part of the recovery progress where they need it. If they're still unable to assist you, please ask for DashingMike. I'll see if I can assist you but please make sure that you send your in app purchase receipts to support. Thanks!
    I looked over my history and there is alot of coin purchases. IF they put those all back, how will I be able to get my levels restored? I have alot of purchases so I have to take a photo of each one? Or is there a better way to do it?
    I've also noticed that for some reason after i've played a level an AD plays. I'm in the process of uploading the photos but the game keeps crashing on me and i'm only on my 2nd photo. Also do you know what the turn around time is? And why the game crashes on me? It will go black and I will have to turn off the screen and turn it back on.
    Turnaround time varies depending on the issue. Sorry to hear that your game is crashing additionally. What device are you playing the game on by chance?
    ipod touch 5th gen(I think). Its also running ads after I finish a level and it goes the list of the levels. It didn't do this before. I've got 32 G of memory. :(
    I was told the items(gold, etc) was restored and I needed to quit the game and come back. However, I have done it(I think) several times and it does not change.
  • juakeniajuakenia Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    I logged into my game and imagine the horror of in finding my entire game gone deleted 2 yes worth of progression gone almost all the chefs all that money I have spent allm the time and work and nothing. I emailed and got a response.. No help then I emailed again still no help..all my money and progression. Is gone this needs to be fixed
    Sorry to hear that juakenia! It does take a couple of days for them to respond after the initial response so please be patient with them. Let them know that you've lost progress and I'm sure they'll be able to help recover. If they're still unable to assist within the next 3-5 business days, please feel free to PM me and I'll take a look.
  • thirdjeanthirdjean Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    edited February 2018
    Platform: iPhone 5, iOS 10.3.3 (14G60)
    App version: I was playing with the DimSum levels, so I assume it is the most recent build :)
    Player ID: FACEBOOK_10154356937348359 (Received multiple weeks ago due to the error warning "Multiple crashes detected!" but was too busy to report)

Hi, I had been playing the app of Cooking Dash since a year ago and had accumulated some progress since then (Thank you for the super fun game!).
    A few days ago, without any warning, I opened the app and noticed that it was forcing me to play the first level (2 customers at the steak diner) over and over again. When I quit that level, I noticed that all my progress until then was lost. I had already completely beaten the first diner and also some other restaurants. I did not do any updates on the app directly before this. I don't recall whether the app had a crash prior to this happening or not. I don't think I had purchased anything previously with real-world currency.
    I had deleted the app temporarily due to lack of storage, and I'm now afraid that re-installing it will make it permanently impossible to retrieve my progress.
    I remember once connecting my account to Facebook (several months ago), but I think the connection was lost after a while as I was no longer seeing my friends' score when I begin each level.
    Is is a good idea to try to re-install the game and see what happens?

Thank you so much!
    Same story it always is. Reset to zero. Waiting to hear from customer service.
    Was on track to win Trial of Style.
    Sorry to hear that @thirdjean. Glad to hear you're enjoying the game. Since you have your ID information, feel free to uninstall and reinstall. If you lose your progress, contact Customer Care and they'll be able to help recover your account.
    Progress was restored the same day, got everything back but one upgrade (worth about 25 gold). ToS was over when progress was restored, but I managed to get 1st place anyway (and kept the saucers I won, as far as I can tell).
  • lilangelguardlilangelguard Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I too am a victim of my account being deleted. I have been working with customer care for a couple of weeks now trying to fix the problem. I was 2/3’s completed all of the available restaurants when this happened. They cannot retrieve my account even though I was logged into Facebook so I had to send them pictures of all of the purchases I made so they could at least add the gold and coins back onto my account which I will have to start all over again. The last message from customer care said to close and reopen the app and the additional gold and coins would be there. I have tried this 15-20 times a day since they told me this on feb 12th but nothing on my account has changed. I have restarted my iPad, logged in and out of the Facebook link and still no change. I have sent customer care 3 messages asking them for help with this matter but there has been no response. I would like to know if someone is even looking into this. It’s frustrating enough that I have to start all over again losing all of the time that I have spent on this game getting to where I was but to lose all the money (hundreds of dollars) I spent over the past 2 years and to feel ignored and not a priority is incredibly poor customer service. Can someone please help me?
    Hey there @lilangelguard. Sorry to hear that. They should be able to gift venues so that you don't have to start from the beginning. If this is still not resolved in 3-5 business days, please request for DashingMike and I'll take a look and see what we can do.
  • cbg1989cbg1989 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Lost all my progress last night and customer care hasn't responded. I was just playing when the game crashed and when I reloaded it, I lost everything. Please help recover asap!!!
  • cbg1989cbg1989 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    It's been a day and still no response from the customer support. This is so disappointing.
    Thanks DashingMike, I’ve been told since feb 6th that I’ve lost everything and I’ll have to start over again however magically yesterday they think they may have found it. I’ll see what happens if it’s not resolved by feb 26th I’ll let you know.
    DashingMike, there has been absolutely nothing done since the 21st so I have requested you.
  • normasely2018normasely2018 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    It is absurd a game not to have a customer protection such as logging into Facebook. This would identify the user and could the game return to normal. I lost all the progress of my game, and now I saw here that I was not the only one. The customer service does not respond, they do not give the least satisfaction to the user who has spent money. It's unfortunate :(:(:(
    Hey there. Most of our users who have lost their progress do they get their progress returned back to them. It does take Customer Care a couple of days to respond but rest assured that they will. If they do not get back to you in about 3-5 business days, please feel free to PM me and I'll take a look and see what's going on with your account.
    Hey there @lilangelguard. Haven't seen a ticket just yet but please feel free to PM me if you still haven't received your original account.
  • normasely2018normasely2018 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Thank you for responding. But it's been 6 days and nothing so far.
    It does take some time for them to respond if the queue is heavy. If they still haven't responded, please PM me and we'll try to get this resolved as soon as we can.