Glitch took my saucers!

Comments

• adashplayeradashplayer Registered Users 20 Posts
    Same here, lost all ToS saucers of this weekend.
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Sorry to hear that level003 @ adashplayer. Thanks for writing in and letting them know. I've passed this additional information to the team. In the meantime, can you let me know if you're on iOS or Android? For the next round of Trial of Style, can you see if it happens again? Any information you can help provide would be great. Thanks!
  • level003level003 Registered Users 73 Posts
    I'm on android. It did not happen after the first trial. It has happened after every trial since. It's some kind of delay in relaying info that makes this happen. The same delay happens every time I open the game whenever a trial is active. It takes a minute or two before I can go into the trial where I left off. If I go in right away, it starts me at the beginning even if I cleared several boards the last time I played. I go back out, wait a minute or so then it says something like "could not connect, tap to retry", which I do, then it works fine.
    Yay! Just went in to collect my end of Trial prize and I am happy to report the game did not remove my saucers! There was an extra long delay while the leaderboard loaded, and it took me rebooting the game to actually get my style points and prize to appear, but at least nothing was stolen. I'm happy the problem is solved going forward, but is there any way for someone to manually add my missing saucers back to my account?
    Hey there @level003. Glad to hear that the Trial of Style Saucers retained this time around. We haven't changed anything on our side so I'm happy to hear that it's been there. Unfortunately, we're unable to gift lost saucers at this time but please let the team know and we'll see if there's something we can do for your account.
    Thank you. I did try that, but I'm afraid you do not have the best CR reps. Every time I mention this problem or ask for an update they keep getting confused and tell me that I need to defend the saucers to keep them. I keep telling them I did, but it's like talking to a recording. They keep giving the same canned responses. I haven't done anything different here on my end either so I'm not sure why it worked this time. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it holds.
    Well I lost my saucers once again so it seems you have been lucky. I reported it to customer care, but I don't have the feeling that wil change anything.
    Thanks for keeping me updated. Please rest assured that I've let the team know the urgency of this issue and they're looking for ways to fix this. @level003, please respond back to the ticket asking for DashingMike if you haven't gotten any compensation from support. So sorry for all the troubles this bug have been giving you guys!
  • rumnehrumneh Registered Users 22 Posts
    Is there a Trial of Style right now, I see just the list of the old one 
    @rumneh There currently is not a Trial of Style but there will be one upcoming this week on Thursday.
  • gypsychkgypsychk Registered Users 100 Posts
    Game just took two of my saucers, even though I won both milestone levels. Didn't take a screenshot, which was stupid of me, because I know about the glitch and that customer service won't acknowledge there's a problem. @DashingMike What's the latest on fixing this bug and returning lost saucers?
  • srtdrsrtdr Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Guys, please do something about this. The game checks whether you got the TOS saucers before you've even connected to the server and it doesn't have the information yet, thinks you don't have them, and then once you connect, it doesn't care to check again.
    Got first place three times and second once, didn't get saucers for any of those trials. 
    Contacted support, their response was "you need to pass the milestones in order to get the saucers" (might I add, that was a reply to a message that contained "I did pass the milestones, but the saucers were taken away in the end", so that was...rather..annoying!!)
    I am using Android, no logging out of facebook, the only thing is that EVERY time I start the game I have to go to trial of style and press "reconnect to server".
    This is really unpleasant, and a part of me is having troubles to accept that the team actually tries fixing this. Because for example, how about checking for the saucers when opening trial of style the first time after it's been done (to make sure you have reconnected to the server). Everybody is saying that it happens when they are not immediately connected to the server. Not all bugs are reproducible.

I don't understand why it's so hard for customer service to get what's happening ... even if I HAD lost one of the milestone levels, that'd be the end of the TOS, for me. I wouldn't even have been able to continue playing in order to lose the second milestone.
    Losing two milestone levels isn't even possible, so losing two saucers shouldn't be.
    Honestly ... the game's a mess, right now.
    I lost two saucers again as well.
    edited February 2018
    Hey guys. Thanks for the additional information. They are all really great information. I've passed this along to the team and they are looking into possible fixes! Thank you so much for your patience while we continue to investigate this.
    Thanks for getting involved Dashing Mike. In case it helps, here's an update: I'm not sure why, but I just made it past the last trial with all my saucers earned again. That's 2 trials that have worked as designed. Customer Service did finally acknowledge the problem and advised that they could not restore lost saucers, but did compensate me with some gold, so I appreciate that. My movies for gold are not glitching as much either.
    @level003 That's progress. I just got an email telling me I don't understand the game and to "Please understand that everything in the game is working as per the game design."
    I suggested the author visit this forum. That's a very weird claim, considering the good number of things that don't work, at any given time.
    This may help - I just noticed that I'm no longer logged into FB. I didn't do that myself, the game must've somehow lost the connection. Anyway, when I logged back on I started getting the "cannot connect to server, retry" messages on the trial and noticed that I lost all my trial progress from this weekend. It eventually caught up, but now I'm wondering if the FB connection is the thing holding up trial connection and the reason why so many are losing earned saucers. I think I may turn off FB during trials just to see if that will allow me to keep saucers, then turn it back on in between trials to back up my game.
  • srtdrsrtdr Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    It just happened again. Opened the game, new daily goals and then boom 'You lost the saucers'. Going to the trial of styles, this time it didn't say "reconnect" but when I clicked on it it said "initializing". Seriously, whether the saucers are obtained is checked before the trial of styles is even initialized? Of course we lose them. 
    I am still logged in to Facebook, so I do not think that is the problem for me. However, I am also not sure if the problem is caused nu checking the saucers before reconnecting to ToS. It might be, as it always happens immediately after opening, but I'm not sure.
    Hey there guys. Thanks for the additional info. They've been great. I've passed it along to the team and they're actively working on a fix for this. In the meantime, for the next Trial of Styles, please take a screenshot and then write into support. The more documentation we have, the more it'd help us in pinning down this bug.
    adashplayer what I'm saying is to try DISCONNECTING yourself from FB when a new trial starts. Do NOT connect back until the trial ends and you've collected your final prize (I even waited a day after that to be safe). I was able to keep all my saucers again this weekend by doing that. I stumbled on to this solution when I was first randomly kicked off FB by the game, now I do it manually myself when each trial starts.
    Thanks level003. I'll try that next time!
    Aargh!! I forgot to disconnect FB during the trial this week. I lost 2 more saucers. The one silver lining is that I think this gives weight to my theory that the FB connection is the cause of this glitch.
  • ANDREA44ANDREA44 Registered Users 21 Posts
    I have been having the same Problem for the last three Trial of Style events. Reported to CC with Screenshots! 
    Would be interesting to know If the Connection to Facebook is indeed the reason.
    I had the feeling that the saucers were only added correctly when I had the game opened when the event ended...
  • yesizamoyesizamo Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited March 2018
    I Hope you are Enjoying your Cooking....

Hey there! I'm moving these to the Cooking Dash forum. :) We're aware of this issue. If you're encountering this, please contact Customer Care with screenshots. They'll be able to assist you further.
    So much for my theory... just lost 2 more saucers in the trial that just ended, and I was NOT connected to FB. Why is this happening? Please fix! Is there an update? 
    Same. @DashingMike What's the latest? Still nothing?
    Oh well, this was the first trial during which I was not connected to Facebook and I could keep my saucers! So for me it seemed like it helps. But maybe I was lucky.