Cooking Dash - Failed to download

After playing this game for 2 years - I am now getting this message on my iPad: failed to download required content. Please check your internet connection and try again.

Eventually the game loads,but all the venues have to re-download which takes forever! I deleted the game and reinstalled it and lost all my progress even when I connected to Facebook and I am still having the original problem! Help!

Comments

• FusionGalaxyFusionGalaxy Registered Users 135 Posts
    edited December 2017
    In the latest update, the venues download super fast because you should have already downloaded them, but in your case try getting closer to the internet source or try going somewhere else with internet and see if it will work.
  • biubiu Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have the same issue, it started one or two months ago and happens at least once a day! I’m on an iPhone 6s, so the device should not be the problem. 
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Sorry to hear that guys! Do you mind letting me know which iPad you were playing on? Additionally biu, are you just unable to get into the game at all?
  • biubiu Registered Users 2 Posts
    Additionally biu, are you just unable to get into the game at all?
    Eventually after pushing ok a few times the game will load and start downloading all the restaurants. It takes about 5 min, but it’s everyday though sometimes more than once.

I’m wondering if it is the new iOS function that cleans out the storage automatically by deleting unused apps, is also deleting the data from the game as it gradually has been taking up more and more space. ??‍♀️
  • mrsshanklymrsshankly Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am having the same issue on an iPhone 6. It happens several times a day. It is very annoying because I have to wait for all the restaurants to download each time I want to play the game. Is there a fix?
    Hey there @biu @mrsshankly. Yes, our games are saved in your device. If your device clears out data, that is the reason why you would have to redownload the venues every time you open them.
  • JohnMo13JohnMo13 Registered Users 1 Posts
    @DashingMike I too am having this problem with an iPhone 6. Are there instructions to setting the data to not have to redownload every time?
  • nadialee0620nadialee0620 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I am having the same issue with cooking dash and ramsey dash. It never loads.  I have tried on numerous different internet connections.  I am using a Samsung galaxy 6
  • nadialee0620nadialee0620 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I uninstalled it and redownloaded it and lost all my progress and had to start over.  Not very happy
  • thristyjavelina90352thristyjavelina90352 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Having the same connection issue on both ramsey and Cooking Dash. Customer service keeps giving me the same generic response....arggg!
  • RealestatenikkicRealestatenikkic Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have been having this problem for about a month. It's driving me crazy.  I'm afraid to uninstall and losing ALL of my work and money I've spent playing this game. Is there any solution? 
  • gamelingamelin Registered Users 1 Posts
    I use Samsung Galaxy J7plus and have this problem now.
    Pls fix it asap.
    Hey guys. If you have lost your progress, please contact Customer Care. They'll be able to help recover your account. As for the failed to download, if you can let me know what devices you're on, that would be super helpful! Thanks.
  • astonisheddemon111astonisheddemon111 Registered Users 15 Posts
    Customer care is not responding! At all.....Internet connection is not the problem! This game has the problem! It constantly has tech issues! It lags & crash & we lose the progress. And they are not fixing it. Other games load well.
  • jk647jk647 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    My wife's cooking dash has done the same for sometime. she has the most up to date version. The iphone is set to keep the apps data. how ever everytime she goes to play the game it re downloads each section.

There surely has to be a fix for this, my wife has spent fair bit of money playing this game, which she loves but this is crazy.

any help would be awesome.

thanks in advance.
  • CandyisitCandyisit Registered Users 3 Posts
    I am also experiencing this issue. Every time I open the app (and I play 4-5 times a day), the venues have to download. Very annoying!

I’m on a iPad Pro running iOS11.
  • naldutnaldut Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Im experience the same issue, can not open my dinner dash, im using samsung galaxy s8. Im trying to used every connection  wifi n mobile data, but still can not connected...plaase help me 
  • labrat04labrat04 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I am also having this issue. Haven't been able to log in for several days now on my S7.
  • kmorin9328kmorin9328 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I am having this same issue on my Samsung galaxy s7. VERY FRUSTRATING!
  • cjpinteriorcjpinterior Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited June 2018
    I'm playing this game for years..it's the 2nd tym it crash..my game was lost and all the achievements..now I'm back to zero..I sync it to my facebook acount but all the data were not retrieve.please help 
  • Row15Row15 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Hello .. Im experiencing the same issue.. locations don't download.. even though I have an internet connection.. can you please help me
  • osu_raquelosu_raquel Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I am unable to load/open wonderland delights....help!
  • jensmallwood91jensmallwood91 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I’m having the same problem! I used to play every day now I might play once a week when I have the patience for everything to download. Mine takes about 10mins. If I close the app & come back a few hours later, have to wait another 10mins for everything to download yet again. Surely there can be a fix for this?! 
  • RaeRaeRaeRae Registered Users 11 Posts
    Since the latest update, I am now having this issue on my ipad - it's really frustrating having to wait for every venue to download each time you open the game.
  • aldunphyaldunphy Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Since the last update I’ve been having the same issue on my iPad 2. It’s super annoying. I know it’s not my WiFi because I’m more or less sitting right next to my modem and router. Clearly this is an issue that needs to be fixed.
  • AZachAZach Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I think I know why restaurants keep downloading. 
    I had the same problem, everytime I opened Cooking Dash it would take 10 minutes to re-download all the restaurants. I’m on an iPhone SE. apparently iPhones have a “Cleaning” function. When you run low on space on your phone it will automatically clear your cached items. Have you ever noticed sometimes your apps are blinking? You can’t delete or disable this feature. The only solution is to clear up approx 15-20% of space on your phone. I tried this and all my restaurants stopped having to download. 
    So try clearing up some space and see if that works!