Summer series crashing game

squirtattasquirtatta Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
I installed the new update to play the summer series. I open the game and the pop up that tells me about the event comes up. If I touch the X to close or "go play" it crashes the game. Every single time. Do I just need to wait 2 more days until the event is over to play at all?

Comments

• DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Hey there @squirtatta! Sorry to hear that! Are you on iOS? I'm wondering if it's having trouble registering taps while downloading the new update in the background. Can you try launching the game and then not touching it for about 5 minutes? Let me know if that helps.
  • squirtattasquirtatta Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
    Yes iOS, thats exactly what I was thinking. I have left it for more than 5 but maybe still not long enough. I will keep trying.
  • beautywithin687beautywithin687 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Since downloading the new update I can't use the game at all, as soon as I try to press anything the game crashes. 
    I let it sit open for an hour, when I close the event pop up it still crashes
    Somehow i just got in, i am afraid to close it haha
    New problem... it says the trial of style ended but the trophies tell me to play the summer trial of style
    Hey there @squirtatta! The new Trial of Style is not up just yet so everything seems right. Let us know if you do force close and reopen and still keep crashing.

@beautywithin687 Are you on iOS as well? Can you try launching the game and then not touching it for about 5 minutes?
  • musichica05musichica05 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I can't use the game at all, either. When I open it, there is a pop up for the new event. If I hit 'go play' the screen goes black and continues playing background music. If I hit 'x' the game freezes and crashes immediately. 

I tried restarting my phone, Letting the app sit open before touching it, and there's no change. I'm on Android, I have a Pixel.
    Hey guys! We tried fixing this. Can you checking and make sure you're on version 2.7.11 and on config 3785? Once you verify that, can you check and see if you're still having crashing issues?
  • englishkateeenglishkatee Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I’ve tried updating, reloading, restarting, and each time the game loads to the new Jamaican Series Finale pop up. When I click “Go Play” or the X to close the pop up, it goes to a black screen. I have plenty of space on my iPad and it was working fine until about 2 hours ago. I can’t view anything in the game to check and see which version I have. It just tells me my Facebook ID and to contact customer service.
    I'm definitely on version 2.7.11, not sure what config though. 
    Can you write in a Customer Care ticket and request for DashingMike. From there he'll be able to help troubleshoot you.
    Thanks DashingMike, I just sent it. Also, just found out that I'm on config 3586
    We just had new configs for both iOS and Android. Could you check and see if these new configs helped with the crashing?
  • Alexalynn20Alexalynn20 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    My game keeps crashing also.  How do I know what configuration I have?
    I can’t check anything on my game. And can’t send a customer service email since I can’t get to the game’s main screen. It goes black or shuts down/crashes.
  • SP79SP79 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited June 2018
    Same here, my game keeps crashing :-(
  • Vicky715Vicky715 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited June 2018
    I am also having this issue. I just downloaded version 2.7.11, though I don’t know how to find my configuration. I am running the game on an iPhone 8+, running iOS 11.4. I’ve tried opening the game and then not touching the phone for 10 minutes, without success. 
    Hey there you guys. I've noticed that uninstalling and reinstalling the game usually will fix the issues with not being able to get into the game. I suggest writing into Customer Care and then reinstalling the game. If you lose your progress, a support agent will help you recover once you let them know.
  • kayk40kayk40 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    This is my first post, but I too am having problems with crashing. I've tried all the suggestions above except uninstalling and re-installing. Can you please tell me how do I contact customer care? I have been playing this game a long time and I don't want to lose everything that I've earned. Thanks.
    kayk40 said:

This is my first post, but I too am having problems with crashing. I've tried all the suggestions above except uninstalling and re-installing. Can you please tell me how do I contact customer care? I have been playing this game a long time and I don't want to lose everything that I've earned. Thanks.

Before you contact support, please make sure to take a screenshot of the crash message that shows what your ID is. This way support is able to locate your account. From there, you can either contact support in game (which may be hard if you cannot access it) or you can contact support by emailing us here:https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/cooking-dash/?p=web/.

Hope this helps!
    Now that the promotional Jamaican Me Crazy Series Finale is over, my game works fine. Looks like there was a bug in the coding. Might want to look into that.
    Started again with new Trial of Style promotion. Sending in a service request.
  • Lucia027Lucia027 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    @DashingMike - I had been having the same issue as others with the Jamaican Me Crazy Series Finale - game would go black or crash. I put in a help request via the game, and someone with the user name Marquise (?) said they fixed it - but when doing so they took away my ability to play any of the TOS games. And with that went all my earned saucers, and the reduce recipe prep time. I haven't heard anything back since I let them know that what they did broke the game even worse for me. This is so frustrating - can you help?