Videos don't play

SilvinapalSilvinapal Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
after restarting the game several times I can't get any free gold because the videos don't play, all I get is a black screen, can you fix?

Comments

• DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Sorry to hear that @Silvinapal! Have you contacted Customer Care yet? If not, please contact Customer Care. They'll be able to help troubleshoot and gather information that will be helpful for the development team!
  • PUFFaLUMPPUFFaLUMP Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I’m having the same issue and have been for days now. It either loads and is black or doesn’t load a video at all. I’ve been able to get them randomly (never more than 2-3 and not one after the other). I also can’t get the offer after you lose a level cause no videos play. 
  • SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    I'm having the same issue. It is either a black screen and loading or the video freezes. It is the same ad that freezes an ad for something like the amazon echo. Most days I can watch 1 video and the rests freeze or don't load, today I couldn't watch any. I reported to customer care and got a check your internet message. I have high speed fiber connection on an iPad at my house, no reason a video should not load with a 1 gig connection.
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    What devices are you guys on? Are you guys on Android?
    I’m on a tablet with android. 
    I'm on an iPad 2 air. Videos aren't loading either on our other family iPad which is an iPad Pro.
  • SilvinapalSilvinapal Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I have a Samsung Android tablet. I contacted customer service and they gave me 10 gold free, but that is not enough. I get 10 gold free by watching videos every day, and I haven't been able to collect free gold for weeks now. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and I"m still having the same issues. (was able to collect my game history with facebook).
    No free gold for me now. I can only get extra coins. Can't upload videos also to get the free supers/vips either. Videos still not loading.
    It seems like the last update may have fixed my issue. 
  • gypsychkgypsychk Registered Users 100 Posts
    Having the same issue. Not yet resolved.
  • anitaclaireanitaclaire Registered Users 25 Posts
    Yep, same thing.  Galaxy S7. Last time it took weeks to fix.  
  • frostbiteesfrostbitees Registered Users 3 Posts
    Started having the same issue with galaxy s7. It not only effects free gold but all other functions of the game such as speeding up recipes. We had this issue about six months ago and it simehow was fixed. Seems the only way tobget it fixed is when a lot of users complain here. 
  • punkysdilemmapunkysdilemma Registered Users 160 Posts
    Just started happening on my iPhone. I get an error message "Video Playback Error" "This video could not be played," with an Exit button.
  • anitaclaireanitaclaire Registered Users 25 Posts
    Any updates on when the videos will play?
    I wonder how many advertisers are paying Glu and don't know that a bunch of people can't watch their ads.
    It is still happening to me, iPad Air 2, it is 2 ads that freeze , the gardenscapes app ad, and a probiotics ad. I haven't gotten an playable ad in a week. I can watch the same ad for gardenscapes on my same iPad for Gordon Dash and Scattergories? It only freezes on cooking dash?
    Things seem fixed, for me. Anyone else?
    Problem is back again. Get the "video is loading" balloon, videos never play. Got the usual answer from customer service: my phone connection is too slow. (Speed tests show the speed to be fine.)
  • me202me202 Registered Users 14 Posts
    Same problem for me as well now.  Contacting customer support.  Happened during gold event yesterday.
  • DanaYDanaY Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I am having the same issue. I watch the ads but I don't get the rewards I contacted customer support. Hopefully it will get fixed soon