Gold icon missing - cannot watch videos for gold

Ancutz6Ancutz6 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
Hello, 
For more than a week now the gold icon in the right bottom corner of the screen has disappeared and I cannot watch any videos for free gold or access any of the special offers for gold. I can watch videos to make recipes go faster but no more gold for me. 
I have contacted customer service and they suggested to restart the app, the phone (which were already done hundreds of times) and to check my Internet connection which has always been great. I have also reinstalled the app (with the risk of losing my progress) and the icon is still gone. I was suggested to get the offers from clicking on the plus near the gold icon in the top of the screen but that just gets me to the bank.

Does anybody else have this issue? Is this a bug? 
I've attached a screenshot. 

Comments

• rumnehrumneh Registered Users 22 Posts
    I have the same issue, no gold button, and as I read in the customer care there should be one in the bank too but there isn't any. They said to reinstall but I don't dare to risk loosing the progress. 

• Ancutz6Ancutz6 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Reinstalling will not help. I did it and the icon is still Missing. After playing for years now I cannot get access to any of the gold offers.. Maybe they will fix it in the next update, at least I am hoping. Or maybe somebody managing this forum can help.. 
  • LaydiaLaydia Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Maybe stupidbut if you just click the plus next to the gold i get where i can either buy gold or watch up to 8 videos for gold By clicking on the button free gold below in the bank can you check? Never used a button at the bottom..

• rumnehrumneh Registered Users 22 Posts
    Laydia said: но
    Maybe stupidbut if you just click the plus next to the gold i get where i can either buy gold or watch up to 8 videos for gold By clicking on the button free gold below in the bank can you check? Never used a button at the bottom..

This button is missing too, I don' t have it after the latest update. 
  • LaydiaLaydia Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    What a pity, hope they solve it soon for you!
    I don't have that free gold button either.
  • winter004winter004 Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    Ancutz6 said:
    Hello, 
    For more than a week now the gold icon in the right bottom corner of the screen has disappeared and I cannot watch any videos for free gold or access any of the special offers for gold. I can watch videos to make recipes go faster but no more gold for me. 
    I have contacted customer service and they suggested to restart the app, the phone (which were already done hundreds of times) and to check my Internet connection which has always been great. I have also reinstalled the app (with the risk of losing my progress) and the icon is still gone. I was suggested to get the offers from clicking on the plus near the gold icon in the top of the screen but that just gets me to the bank.

Does anybody else have this issue? Is this a bug? 
    I've attached a screenshot. 

Just wondering, have you run the latest update? This had updated terms and conditions and mentioned watching personalised ads for which you will receive gold? There is now an ads button in settings where you have the choice to agree to watch personalised ads for gold. It may be worth looking at this. I have no idea if this will help but it may be worth a try?!
    The update has indeed solved the issue, however I am sure it was a bug as the mention for personalized ads I have agreed to before so it wasn't something new.
    Thanks for all the help, everybody!