Is the game ending?

With the new update not only did the venues rearrange but the empty studio lots have disappeared with only one new venue present. Someone mentioned previously that with the lack of moderation and silence on the boards it seems like the game may be on its last days. Sad. I’be been playing this game for so long that now I’ll have to actually start living life 😂 

Comments

• vbfthree3vbfthree3 Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    Was was wondering the same thing....
  • winter004winter004 Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    Yes, I thought the same, the two empty venues being removed would suggest they are winding the game down.
  • SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    I came here thinking the same thing. I hope before the end this game they have cooking dash 2019 up and going!  
  • Tina01Tina01 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Oh, I hope the game is not ending!  There are so many other ideas for venues!  I haven't even started Parisian Palace yet and am still working on some of the other venues.
  • elizard123elizard123 Registered Users 52 Posts
    February 4, 2019 at 4:05 PM EST
    • Fourth quarter revenue up 19% year over year to $95.6 million; full year 2018 revenue up 28% to $366.6 million
    • Fourth quarter bookings grow 18% year over year to $98.2 million; full year 2018 bookings reach record $384.6 million, up 20% year over year
    • Company raises 2019 full year bookings guidance to a range of $435.0 million to $445.0 million, including partial year contributions from titles in beta: Diner DASH Town and WWE: Universe
    • Disney/Pixar title entering beta late Q1; no contribution currently included in updated 2019 guidance
    • Announces next generation version of our successful Deer Hunter franchise
    edited February 2019
    no mention of cooking dash in their 2018 financial summary. but there is a hint of a diner dash town in the works. so yeah, seems like it’s a wrap for this version :’(.  I hope I can at least finish the game before it completely falls to pieces in glitches
  • Karenc8898Karenc8898 Registered Users 20 Posts
    When did the FB name change from Cooking Dash to Diner Dash?
    When did the FB name change from Cooking Dash to Diner Dash?
    It’s been like that for as long as I can remember - I always thought it odd that the CD Facebook page is listed as Diner Dash!
    Weird - I hadn't liked the page until a few days ago, and I swear it said cooking dash when I clicked like!
  • minhyunminhyun Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Since yesterday we receipted 2 Golds for each video watched. That is so great. Love this game so much. I really hope the game not end here. I keep playing it every day for a long time already...
  • SanguinarianSanguinarian Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    @elizard123
    Where can I read the full annual report? 
  • DennieDennie Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    Has anyone else noticed that they have changed how auto/swift serve works for all the venues? You have to pick food up for it to work in venues that used to do it automatically? I know it has changed slightly for the newer venues but now they have changed all of them in different ways! 
  • JArtVJArtV Registered Users 13 Posts
    I used swift serve this morning and didn't have to pick up the items.  Maybe that was a glitch?
    I wonder how long 2 gold per video ad will go on.  I'm not upset about it at all!  Though I do wonder if this is because the game is going to end and they want to give us more gold so we all can finish more quickly.
    Dennie said:
    Has anyone else noticed that they have changed how auto/swift serve works for all the venues? You have to pick food up for it to work in venues that used to do it automatically? I know it has changed slightly for the newer venues but now they have changed all of them in different ways! 
    I was just coming to post this myself. The sandwiches in the deli are a good example, but it's across a lot of venues. Definitely a big change. 
  • DennieDennie Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    Chew Orleans is a nightmare now too! They didn’t announce it, just a surprise when it didn’t work in the normal way. People then use more VIP’s trying again which I guess is the point from their end. 
    @Sanguinarian
    I got the report here:
    https://glumobile.gcs-web.com/news-releases/news-release-details/glu-reports-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-2018-financial-results

but I also just found this just now (which features pretty tables and graphs):
    https://glumobile.gcs-web.com/static-files/9109363d-5e93-48b1-9972-4ff56adfe042

from this investor page:
    https://glumobile.gcs-web.com/

Of note: their stocks fell after their Q418 report. which can’t be great. but I’m no financial analyst here. so I’d be happy if someone could translate any of this data
  • SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    @Sanguinarian
    I got the report here:
    https://glumobile.gcs-web.com/news-releases/news-release-details/glu-reports-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-2018-financial-results

but I also just found this just now (which features pretty tables and graphs):
    https://glumobile.gcs-web.com/static-files/9109363d-5e93-48b1-9972-4ff56adfe042

from this investor page:
    https://glumobile.gcs-web.com/

Of note: their stocks fell after their Q418 report. which can’t be great. but I’m no financial analyst here. so I’d be happy if someone could translate any of this data
    i looked at the one with the pretty tables and graphs. From what I understand, cooking dash is down slightly from the previous year in sales about 5%, but it still making millions. It does show that Diner Dash town is the focus after May and they predict it to be the one of the two biggest games of 2019. 
  • FusionGalaxyFusionGalaxy Registered Users 135 Posts
    New DASH games are always released during the summer like Cooking DASH and Restaurant DASH were so we will see.
  • SanguinarianSanguinarian Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    So, I spoke to Support and they assured me they are still doing progress in the game. What do you guys feel ? I feel like it has hit a plateau. It is quite expensive to play too.. :( 
    There are certainly less venues being released. It used to be one a month but the last new venue was December last year I think? Either way, I’m getting bored now with the endless Trial of Styles and Treasure Hunts.