New Venue

winter004winter004 Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
i clicked on the new venue today, largely as it has been there unopened for ages. When I did so, it said progress further to open.  I looked on Facebook and it was being reported that you have to finish in the top 5 for trial of style to open. Has anyone else heard this? If so, I think it is really unfair to a lot of players.  I have spent a fair bit of money on this game over the years and am still beaten by people who get over one hundred and forty thousand points in T of S. I haven’t got a chance of unlocking this venue! I’ve emailed customer services to check and made it clear, if this is the case, I will not be spending any more on this game.

Comments

• Bel_dashBel_dash Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    IDk, but if that is the case, this is incredible unfair. Getting on the top 10 is almost impossible right now!
  • Jonesy17Jonesy17 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I just got in touch with customer service and they said that venue is still locked for everyone but should be open soon.
  • SanguinarianSanguinarian Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I agree with @winter004 that if its only for the top 10 even I would step down. And do you guys also feel like this would be the last venue they would open ? 
  • Bel_dashBel_dash Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    Yes @Sanguinarian, I think the game is dying :(
  • Karenc8898Karenc8898 Registered Users 20 Posts
    Dying is right. It's been forever since a new venue. Just playing these ToS and amassing more spins that are useless is boring. But if you don't play the ToS, you lose the saucers. 
    There's not even anything available to spin for on High Roller for me, and Premium is silly - I have 5000 VIP tickets ... I don't need more. And I don't need 100 or more of some of the customers. 

If their plan is to start a new game (new Diner Dash) and have us switch to that - I have zero interest in starting something new after seeing how they've abandoned Cooking Dash. It's a real "screw you" to long time players who have so much invested. I wouldn't trust them in a new game. 
  • Skyler94Skyler94 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    According to the latest news feed, those who get top 5 in all the trials of style for this new Asian series, gets to play the new venue before everyone else 👀
    @DashingMike I hope you are reading this forum to see how the players are invested in the game. I hope you speak to the developers and do something about it. 
  • elizard123elizard123 Registered Users 52 Posts
    @DashingMike I hope you are reading this forum to see how the players are invested in the game. I hope you speak to the developers and do something about it. 
    I don’t think @DashingMike works here anymore ☹️
    It is official that this game is done updating. They are going to soon launch a new one. Are you guys going to play ? 
  • winter004winter004 Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    It is official that this game is done updating. They are going to soon launch a new one. Are you guys going to play ? 
    Where did you read it? Depends on what the new game is.
    Forget my question - it’s called Diner Dash Adventures. I’ve looked it up on You Tube and it seems to be a mix of Diner Dash and Hotel Dash. Nothing like cooking dash and full of irritating dialogue between Cookie and Flo. I may give it a go but I’m not impressed with what I’ve seen. I hated the original Diner Dash and this seems more similar to that than Cooking Dash.
  • elizard123elizard123 Registered Users 52 Posts
    Thank you for reaching out to us about the future of Cooking Dash!
    As of now, we don't have any definite information concerning its future after Diner Dash Adventures was released.
    You can continue playing Cooking Dash as normal while we wait for further announcements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Message from Glu customer support. A little unnerving. ☹️ They just can’t quite say Cooking Dash  will still live on. Beginning of the end, I’m afraid. 😭

@Sanguinarian Where did you see it say “done updating” exactly?
    As of now, we don't have any definite information concerning its future after Diner Dash Adventures was released.
    You can continue playing Cooking Dash as normal while we wait for further announcements.

Message from Glu customer support. A little unnerving. ☹️ They just can’t quite say Cooking Dash  will still live on. Beginning of the end, I’m afraid. 😭

There will be no new venues. They have got rid of the Cooking Dash Facebook pace and replaced it with Diner Dash Adventures. 
    winter004 said:

There will be no new venues. They have got rid of the Cooking Dash Facebook pace and replaced it with Diner Dash Adventures. 
    Apologies, I misread your quote and thought you meant what does done updating mean as opposed to where did you see it!
    @winter004 what I meant was they are done with the game. Whenever I open cooking dash the new game pops up asking to register. The facebook page has been amended and so forth. I so wish they would keep going. Would you play the new game ? 
    @winter004 what I meant was they are done with the game. Whenever I open cooking dash the new game pops up asking to register. The facebook page has been amended and so forth. I so wish they would keep going. Would you play the new game ? 
    I’d give it a go, but I was never keen on the original Diner Dash, so I don’t think I’ll like it. The new game looks like you don’t actually cook the dishes, like you do in CD, just serve and swipe. There seems to be a lot of Flo and Cookie chatting and doing tasks like sweeping leaves - there are a lot of other games out there like this and I though CD was more unique. 
  • Skyler94Skyler94 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    It’s open!!!
    Skyler94 said:
    It’s open!!!
    The new game or the new venue? 
  • TaTiTaTi Registered Users 10 Posts
    I really hope they’ll continue developing new venues. Cooking dash is the only game I play and I’ve been playing it for more than 4 years.  I’m totally addicted. 
    If finished, i’ll Play « restaurant dash: Gordon Ramsay » which is cooking not serving like all the diner dash versions incl the adventures one.
    I won’t play diner dash adventures as I’m not interested in serving food and even less in cleaning the town.
    Also: why a burger on top of the restaurant? Seriously?! They are so many burger themed games out there. At least cooking dash first meal was steak & brocoli. Burgers were not prepared before the 7th venue...
  • level003level003 Registered Users 73 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I REALLY wanted to like the new game. I can't stand it though. I just uninstalled it. I don't care about cleaning up a town. Way too many tutorials. Too much "blah" going on. I hate the graphics. Seems more geared towards children. I could play Cooking Dash forever. Also the new game seems like even more of a money grab, and I didn't think that was possible. 
    level003 said:
    I REALLY wanted to like the new game. I can't stand it though. I just uninstalled it. I don't care about cleaning up a town. Way too many tutorials. Too much "blah" going on. I hate the graphics. Seems more geared towards children. I could play Cooking Dash forever. Also the new game seems like even more of a money grab, and I didn't think that was possible. 
    I had to install it on my phone as it is not supported on my IPad - first time this has ever happened. I think it’s dreadful, just tap, tap swipe - nowhere near as fun as Cooking Dash. The storyline is irritating, I really don’t care about fixing a broken pavement or installing a fountain, I already do that stuff in Gardenscapes. I gave it a go but it’s not for me. Just sad that they stopped developing CD for such an inferior game. And yes, it is a total money grab.
  • chocchoc Registered Users 1 Posts
    We need a new venue on cooking dash. I do not like the new version. I like having to remember the ingridents to the meal