Trial of style crashes

Eddie71Eddie71 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
I can’t do the ToS! The first level has crashed 5 times on me after I complete it w/o giving me credit. I recently downloaded the update, too. i wonder if that is the issue. I would hate to lose 3 golden saucers in 3 days because of a bug.
Prev1

Comments

• TEEJAETEEJAE Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Me too! On top of that it takes our recipe prep and the vip tickets! I wrote to them. Hopefully they’ll respond soon!
  • KatieHKatieH Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Same for me. I updated this morning and now it crashes after completing any level including ToS. I’ve messaged them so hope they fix it before it finishes!!!
  • Eddie71Eddie71 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    I was smart, well semi. I did not use any chefs. Still lost those vip tickets though.
    Or maybe not. It looks like none of the regular restaurants are crediting me with completion. I tried to do one of the daily 3 coin tasks. (Get 6500 coins), and it didn’t work. Plus, just lost all 3 golden saucers.

Boy. That update really messed up the game for me....
  • DizzyDZDizzyDZ Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Same situation with me, too. Lost the VIPs I used trying the TOS twice. 
  • kokkinokatakikokkinokataki Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Last night I completed all the available ToS levels, leaving just Inuit that was to be unlocked in 24 hours.  Opened the game this morning after an update and was told I’d lost two saucers because I didn’t beat those trials, when there was only one left to play anyway, which hadn’t been available!
    New ToS up now so I started on it, same as everyone else, completed level, no reward and still left at the first level.  VIP and tokens taken too.  Have contacted customer care as well.  Think they may be inundated with messages!
    Seems like the daily tasks are messed up too!  It will count the number of customers serviced and how many dishes required but doesn’t count the coins earned and there’s no summary screen after the episode is completed.  Complete mess
  • HeidiFishHeidiFish Registered Users 78 Posts
    I did get my two lost saucers back when I put in a ticket, but I am also now having the problem of no coin credit when playing any venues, both in and separate from ToS. I just put in another ticket. 
  • DizzyDZDizzyDZ Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Last night, level 1 of ToS changed from Merry Feastmas to Medieval Dines and everything was working fine. Now this morning, I picked it back up on the Taco Train level and it’s doing the same thing. Using the VIP, no coins and not giving credit for completing the level.

• fatoufatou Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I even deleted the game and downloaded it again without any improvement or maybe a temporary one: Until the trial of style is downloaded, everything works perfectly and as soon as the trial of style is back, the game starts to be buggy 
    I did get a response that they know this is happening and the developers are working on fixing it. I guess we just have to be patient and not use (waste) any VIPs or Supers until it’s fixed. 
    My daily coin total started counting up to the 6,500 and then stopped.  I’ve played on ordinary restaurants, was trying to get five stars and actually succeeded then found nothing had registered, no coins, no extra star.  Have been trying the ToS and a couple of levels worked and then didn’t!  

Anybody else have this happen?  I’m getting fed up with contacting customer care and listing other things that have gone wrong
    Mine worked for a while and then stopped again today. Can’t do the ToS levels anymore as it doesn’t register my score and just crashes once the level is complete. So annoying! 
  • mintchocolatechipmintchocolatechip Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Yeah, it seems to have been fixed for a day and now it's acting up again. I finally got 5 stars on a level I'd been consistently getting 4 in, and the game crashed. It worked magically for one restaurant, so I headed on over to ToS and of course nothing registered there.
    I highly recommend taking screenshots of your golden saucers for the next ToS. If the bugs aren’t fixed, you will be losing those saucers. Better safe than sorry. Glu gave me back my 3 lost saucers.
  • ChaosReleasedChaosReleased Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Oh my God I got 3 VIP tickets and was told the event was fixed. The event is OVER. Iost all saucers, multiple vips and my spots in the Christmas event!! This is bs. I even tried playing the game and I still can’t progress when I’ve collected more stars in a level as it crashes. And after all this I get 3 VIP TICKETS??? I have over 900 and they decide that 3 vip tickets is the correct fix or compensation. Never will I spend more money on this game. This is utter crap
    I finally got an answer from customer support team :
    «
    Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us again. I hope you are doing well.
    I'm Pierre, and I'll be assisting you today.

I'm sorry to know that the Trial of Style Event is not working as intended.

I'd like to thank you for reporting this matter to us, and we'd like to let you know that this is a known situation, and our team is currently working to resolve this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, it is possible that you may experience the issue again. We want to assure you that such reports are taken seriously by our team.

Nevertheless, we'd like to ask for the number of VIP tickets you've used on the Trial of Style Event, so we can look into this matter further.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,
    Pierre
    Glu Mobile Customer Care »

wondering how long it will take them to fix it. Don’t understand why they don’t revert their buggy upgrade. The ToS is starting soon :-(
    Wondering if this impacting only IOS users or Android as well. 
    Dang, I’m going to miss the valhalla ToS and the merry xmass Season finale chances due to this bug. Not to mention losing 2 more golden saucers (but I took photos in case!). 
    I assume it must be just iOS as there are people recording scores on the new ToS 
  • TEEJAETEEJAE Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    The situation hasn’t been resolved yet. This is really frustrating!
    This morning I managed to progress on the ToS and on one of my venues without any bug until I started watching videos to get more gold. And bam!, it started crashing again. Could it be related?
    @fatou, that’s an interesting idea. I was also able to play the ToS levels yesterday morning but then when I tried to replay one for a better score in the evening (using two valuable VIPs!) the score didn’t register and I’m left where I was. I very likely watched some daily videos in between those times . . . Anyway, this is not a good time for bugs and crashes, when people are off work and school for holidays and have more time to play!
    I also thought the same thing. Mine was working this morning up until I’d watched all the daily videos and then it suddenly stopped again. Tomorrow, once the daily videos reset, I’m going to see whether it works all day if I don’t watch the videos. Agree it probably won’t be fixed until the new year now! 😞
  • mintchocolatechipmintchocolatechip Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Sadly, I don't think it's related to watching videos. I watch the free gold videos at the end of the night and even before I watch it, the venues only seem to work on & off. I try to play a game or two once or twice throughout the day to see if it's working again, but it never seems to work until the end of the night - at which point I can play about 4 games before it crashes on me again. 

EDIT: I came back to edit my comment as my original comment might be wrong - as @Eddie71 & @fatou have said, it might be video related. I started playing and managed to get through roughly 8 games and I was going to come back to say I think the game has been fixed, but decided to watch my videos first and lo & behold, the games stopped working after I watched my videos.
    It might be related to the videos! When my new set of 8 vids were ready, I ignored them and tried a regular restaurant. It worked! I quickly zoomed through the ToS levels (it was about to expire in 2 hours), and completed them successfully. I even did the Merry Xmas season finale and completed that for credit, too!  Having completed all those tasks, only then did I do my 8 free gold vids. Went back to restaurant... and it CRASHED on completion.

So YES, definitely video related! My advice: IGNORE THOSE VIDS UNTIL YOU DO EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO FOR THE DAY!!!!
    edited December 2020
    Unfortunately I wasn’t able to complete the ToS, wasn’t allowed to progress past the first venue, I did keep trying.  After the ToS ended, I can now play the Merry Feastmas finale.  Coins are working so far too.

Got to claim my two lost saucers, experience taught me to get screenshots!  Miffed at missing out at a go at Valhalla After Hours, it doesn’t come around very often

I haven’t  run the videos yet, so will see how things work after I’ve finished the other stuff. 

Ok, I’ve now run the 8 videos and the coins have stopped counting, so I would agree, it’s the videos!  They changed they way they played on my iPad at least but before that they’d been problematical, videos not loading and telling me I had something turned off.  I used to count to five before pressing the watch video button, that seemed to help!
  • viveryvivery Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Such a great community! Thanks so much for sharing! Not watching free videos helps tremendously. Too bad customer service and technical team have not given me any update on their end.
    I stopped watching videos too and no problems so far. Will just watch them last thing at night going forward!