If you've watched all of your videos for the day, the game will no longer save your progress

punkysdilemmapunkysdilemma Registered Users 160 Posts
This is the bug everyone is running into right now, where when you complete a level, it crashes back to the main restaurant map instead of registering your progress. This is an *extremely annoying* bug that makes me avoid watching videos, which also stalls my progress due to the lack of gold.

Workaround: Don't watch videos until right before the daily reset (here it's 4 PM Pacific, at least until the spring time change); send emails to support in-game and they may send you gold. 

I'm stuck for the next few hours because I decided on a lark to test if it still happens if you watch all the videos and then kill the app. Spoiler: This does not work.

Comments

• HeidiFishHeidiFish Registered Users 78 Posts
    Yes, this bug is still happening. I have to time my playing very strategically now! But I find only my money/coin progress is stopped. I can still complete goals that are serve x number of customers or items. 
  • HeidiFishHeidiFish Registered Users 78 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Also, unrelated and not really important, but @punkysdilemma you and I have a similar problem. This forum has us tagged as “New Member” when we’ve both been around for years and posted a lot! 
  • florafilanflorafilan Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Found a fix for this problem.  If you are using an iPhone, after watching 8 videos, go to phone settings -> Advertising (under privacy) -> reset advertising identifier, then restart the game.  It should be alright then.
  • KatieHKatieH Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Amazing! Thanks that fixed it for me!!
  • KatieHKatieH Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    On mine I had to go into tracking and then turn it off and back on again - the reset advertising identifier has been removed from iOS 14 I think. But the tracking way seemed to work as I’ve watched all the videos but it didn’t crash when I completed a level for once :)
  • punkysdilemmapunkysdilemma Registered Users 160 Posts
    Turning tracking off, killing the app for good measure, turning it back on, and reopening the game works perfectly.  It's annoying that we still need a workaround but I'm thankful there is one.