Videos

KatieHKatieH Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
Anyone else unable to watch the free videos at the moment? 
Prev1

Comments

• kokkinokatakikokkinokataki Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I’ve noticed that as well.  I’ve still got the problem of not being able to spin the high roller wheel because it says I have everything available.  I’ve got 96 free spins waiting so far!!  When I hit 30odd, customer service said they’d look into it again.  Nothing’s happened
  • mintchocolatechipmintchocolatechip Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I've got the same issue and it has been like that for the last 3 days for me now. I really could've used those daily video golds to upgrade my foods so I can take advantage of the fast flo event to finish up Jamaican Me Hungry!
  • punkysdilemmapunkysdilemma Registered Users 160 Posts
    Ohhhh not again.  What was the thing we had to do last time to reset our ad token...
  • KatieHKatieH Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    I tried that yesterday and it made no difference unfortunately. It was under settings - privacy - tracking. So annoying! 
  • KulaiforniaKulaifornia Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Same here. Can’t play videos for gold.
    Reported this to customer service, got a few gold and a non-answer about how sometimes advertisers might not want to advertise to me so check back later. Guess it’s time to sit around and wait again. 

I guess the ad tracking token thing was when it wasn’t saving any game progress after watching ads, so this is different. 
  • DarlenevhDarlenevh Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Reported this to customer service, got a few gold and a non-answer about how sometimes advertisers might not want to advertise to me so check back later. Guess it’s time to sit around and wait again. 

I guess the ad tracking token thing was when it wasn’t saving any game progress after watching ads, so this is different. 

• DarlenevhDarlenevh Registered Users, Member 2 Posts

Having the same problem with video ads for free gold for the past five days. Contacted customer support and was told the same thing.  I need that free gold!
  • mdwallismdwallis Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Came here for the same reason. No videos for 5 days now and all they have is a dumb excuse and 10 gold. Very frustrating.  Has anyone managed to reset the videos?
  • HeidiFishHeidiFish Registered Users 78 Posts
    edited April 2022
    Same for me - I thought it was just a problem with my wifi but am interested to see it’s the game. And @kokkinokataki, I’ve got 92 high roller wheels I can’t use :-). I guess by preventing us from getting all the clothing items and pets, they keep us playing in hopes we’ll win those elusive items in a TOS series. 
  • Catherine_GCatherine_G Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I’m also having the same problem. It’s been 6 days and no videos. Extra frustrating as some of the daily tasks require watching videos
    I'm going to hassle customer support again...can't hurt. 
  • rscalerscale Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    There has been no videos to watch for free gold in about a week
  • GinaMarieGinaMarie Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I also decided to give them a nudge, thanks punksydilemma I agree with you, hassle them
    As this has happened before and they have stated 'the videos are from a third party' I had to ask if you cannot guarantee there are videos to watch because they are from a third party then why are they part of the daily rewards? if you have an agreement with them to get us to watch the vidoes as a daily task then they are dropping the ball. we are missing out on daily gold and daily spins
    I didn’t even get any free gold when I raised it with customer services :( so frustrating only getting 2 gold a day at the moment as the daily challenge is constantly watch videos! 
    Response from customer service has changed to "aware of this", "working on a fix", "taking it seriously."  I didn't receive any additional free gold, though I wasn't expecting it after getting 10 last week.

I never get a "watch videos" daily goal though.
  • level003level003 Registered Users 73 Posts
    Same here. They tell me they can't control the videos because it's an outside vendor. That's copping out. You are responsible for working with them to get it fixed. I've been reporting it daily. They give me 1 lousy piece of gold and a useless High Roller wheel spin for my trouble. I already have 246 useless spins on that wheel and told them so, yet they continue to give them to me as"compensation". I've already earned everything on that wheel and they refuse to put gold on it (I've begged for that for years), so the game won't even let me spin it. I also think it's horrible that they now make watching videos a regular requirement on the Daily Goals when they know it's not working. Yet another piece of gold I am missing out on.
  • DizzyDZDizzyDZ Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Customer service hasn’t even responded to me about the video issue and it’s been the whole month of April so far. This is so disappointing. I get the goal for videos almost every day, but can’t watch any. 
  • 9nina9nina Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I haven’t been able to watch any videos either and I have daily goals to watch videos for free gold. I wonder why they don’t care to stay on the vendors about sending us videos to watch.
    I received this ridiculous "update" from Customer Service today:

Hi there,

Thank you for your cooperation.

I have received an update from the team. I would like to inform you that the videos have been discontinued from the game. While videos are no longer available in Cooking Dash there are still ways to earn gold.

The offers section includes opportunities for rewards by signing up for services, shopping for items, completing surveys, or trying out other apps. You can also participate in daily goals to earn gold.

In order to help you with the situation could you please help me with the screenshots of the daily goals rewards so that I can check and do the needful?

Best wishes,
    Khader
    Customer Experience Team | Glu Mobile
  • dyyydyyy Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
     No video any more?! 😔 
    Apparently. They gave me 14 gold because I complained about it being on my Daily Goals for 2 weeks (had to send a screen shot first of course because they never trust me). Today no more video requirement on Daily Goals. 
  • kokkinokatakikokkinokataki Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    #level003  wow, I thought I had it bad with 99 useless spins on the high roller wheel.  I’ve still got one or two items of clothing to get and a couple of pets but they appear on the special wheels.  I think they’re going to pull out of the game altogether sometime soon.  I’ve got so many super customer points that there’s no way of getting much in the way of rewards with the half cost recipes and now no videos.  I haven’t been going for the daily goals because it’s too repetitive and boring.  I’ve got a few series finales to complete but am losing interest fast and feel like that what they want!
    If the free gold is gone there's no point to this game anymore (I still have five more venues to open and it's not worth paying real money to do that).  Also my free offer wall thinks there's been suspicious activity on my device, which is fun -- maybe because I ran into that bug awhile ago where every time I opened the game I'd get free gold -- but that means I can't do any of that stuff either.
    edited April 2022
    Customer support sent me the same message about videos being discontinued + "you can just do offers instead."  I asked them what to do if my offer wall thinks I have been engaged in suspicious activity. 
    I mean, fine, this game probably isn't making them much money anymore and it's in maintenance of life mode if not end of life mode, but...I'm still actually playing this silly game, and I'm disappointed.  It has better gameplay mechanics than Diner Dash Adventures and I didn't mind my progress being metered by very slow gold accrual, but 3 gold per day is unworkable. 
    I asked them to do what DDA does and somehow kick over a few gold every eight hours, or to bring back the occasional gold drop events (which at least shouldn't require any new code). Couldn't hurt if a few more people email them that request.
  • KulaiforniaKulaifornia Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Yup, I requested for them to bring back the occasional gold drop events too
    Anybody now also lost the tap joy offers (not that I ever really did them - but still another way of not being able to earn gold!)
  • juliagruizjuliagruiz Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I lost every button to get free gold. This is so disappointing!!!
  • hhyy365hhyy365 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I lost both buttons to free gold too - the video offer and the other offer, I guess there’s no point to play this game anymore :(
  • 9nina9nina Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I love this game better than Diner Dash Adventures. Diner Dash Adventures is not really that fun like this game. They took away the free gold button from me too. They should at least bring back the free gold drop events.