I love this game, but

I can play for awhile with no problems. If I quit and come back, it won't load. I uninstalled it once already, worked my way back up a little, quit for awhile, and the same thing happened. My task manager reads in red <CPU 50%, RAM 48.7%> or something about there. I've got lots of memory to spare. I'm not running anything else. Is it the game or my Galaxy Ace II? Yeah, I know, not the best android on the market.:D

Any help?
Drink more beer. :cool:

Comments

• Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Well, it finally loaded:D. I’ve been trying all day, and it’s working now. I would still like to know why it didn’t load earlier.
    A big HELLO from Kamala Beach Thailand where the Andaman Sea is warm and the beer is cold.

Follow up: I submitted a ticket on Oct 09….. And received a reply Oct 16.

I followed the directions closely, but no luck. I have since deleted and reinstalled the game for the 2nd time. I figure replaying is better than not playing. When I reinstalled, I noticed one of the improvements was for Galaxy S4. I run a Galaxy Ace 2. Good news is: I have not had any problems. I’m quite a bit further in Region 2 than I was the first time, so let’s keep our fingers crossed. This is a great game. Glu’s response below. Hope it helps someone.

Cheers

Sunny Thai

Here is the response:

Thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Care.

A common cause of crashes is insufficient working memory due to other programs running at the same time in the background.

To free up more memory for the game:

go into your Settings,
    choose "Applications"
    then "Manage Applications,"

then tap the "Running" tab where you can close (Force Close button) any apps that aren't essential (Please force close also the Glu game that is giving you trouble).

Please note that we cannot guarantee functionality on rooted devices, if your device is rooted or modified, we are not able to support this option.

IMPORTANT: do NOT tap the "clear data" option. We are not responsible for games erased by mistakenly clearing data for the app in question. Clearing data will erase your game progress.

If your Game was recently updated and stopped working, please see below:

Game updates can be tricky at times especially when the resource file is big.

When the game had been working OK, but no longer starts after the update, it's usually related to the resource pack that recently updated the game. The file was most likely damaged and needs to be replaced.

You may need to access your SD card folders and find the Glu game resource file folders then delete the corresponding file for the game that is causing you trouble. Once this file is deleted, the game will prompt you to download a new resource pack. Please make sure you are on a good WiFi connection and that your SD card has enough room on it.

Usually the location of these resource files on the SD card should be in 2 different area, files have to be deleted from BOTH LOCATIONS

/Android/obb/<package-name> AND /Android/data/<package-name>

For example:

/Android/data/com.glu.android.gunbros_free for Gun Bros

The game should work after your new resource pack is downloaded and installed successfully.

We hope this information helps you in resolving the problem.

Regards,
    Waseem
    customer care
    glu mobile
    http://www.glu.com/support
  • beard820beard820 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Anytime you submit a ticket thats what they say....everytime
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    beard820 wrote: »

Don't you think your statement is a bit of an exaggeration? I can see hundreds of tickets and they don't send the same reply so please don't be posting inaccurate messages. If you are upset about your experience, provide your ticket number and I will look it up for you.

Thanks.
  • beard820beard820 Registered Users 9 Posts
    My email has already deleted the emails....what else can you use? You should be able to see it under my address id assume.

Beard_820@hotmail.com
  • KyleSpeirsKyleSpeirs Registered Users 7 Posts
    beard820 wrote: »

I have to admit it looks like mine; the only difference being it talked about how the game saves more. Maybe they should rework that newest patch with the S4 "fix".
  • mohit1000mohit1000 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Is region 5 released for Android??
  • jallen0203jallen0203 Registered Users 21 Posts
    Do not believe so. I am running android and do not have it.
    I just finished region 4. I really enjoyed the larger hunting grounds. Fun to make some really nice looooooong shots. Looking forward to region 5. I’ll spend my time earning bucks until region 5 is available.

Cheers

Sunny Thai
    Kamala Beach Thailand
  • montgeemontgee Registered Users 4 Posts
    I have tried the solution that was recommended in the above response. It didn't work. It still just closes. This is really irritating!!!