Poxy game crashed for second time!!! Deer hunter 2014!!!!

Just need to have a little rant and see how many others are having this problem??
Downloaded deer hunter 2014, played for ages, spent money on gold etc, upgrade all my guns to top spec, let an update run, LOSE THE F#####G LOT!!!!! So now I'm hacked off!!!! But like the game, so carry on......
Play it loads, upgrade all my guns, it tries to update again, but fails and now the sodding game won't even come off the glu loading page!!!!!!! WTF GLU?!?!?! WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING??? I'm on an iOS platform, but apparently happens across the board, who else has had problems??? How'd you solve it without losing everything???? Tried all the usual ways, loading in airplane mode etc etc, nothing works!!! HELP!!!!!

Comments

• IhateCrappyProgrammingIhateCrappyProgramming Registered Users 49 Posts
    Just need to have a little rant and see how many others are having this problem??
    Downloaded deer hunter 2014, played for ages, spent money on gold etc, upgrade all my guns to top spec, let an update run, LOSE THE F#####G LOT!!!!! So now I'm hacked off!!!! But like the game, so carry on......
    Play it loads, upgrade all my guns, it tries to update again, but fails and now the sodding game won't even come off the glu loading page!!!!!!! WTF GLU?!?!?! WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING??? I'm on an iOS platform, but apparently happens across the board, who else has had problems??? How'd you solve it without losing everything???? Tried all the usual ways, loading in airplane mode etc etc, nothing works!!! HELP!!!!!

Yeah, what he said.
  • Matiosk@live.co.ukMatiosk@live.co.uk Registered Users 3 Posts
    Cheers!!!! Glad someone agrees!!!! lol ��
  • MizmanxMizmanx Registered Users 3 Posts
    Lost Alaska region and now game won't load at all any suggestions playing on latest iOS and have been having withdrawals tried airplane mode loading still not working what can I do with out uninstall and loosing the latest guns with all upgrades, money and gold
  • Matiosk@live.co.ukMatiosk@live.co.uk Registered Users 3 Posts
    I don't know mizmanx!!! And glu ain't gonna pull their fingers out and solve the problem any time soon!!! Haven't even got the decency to reply to messages, post in here, or anything else for that matter!!! I'm gonna delete ALL glu games soon, their pissing me off!!!!!
  • IlluminartistIlluminartist Registered Users 1 Posts
    Arrggh!! I'm having the same problem!!! Crashes every time no matter what I do ... Grrrr, airplane mode, full reset etc.. Can anyone suggest anything as yes no external save and I've invested good time into this game!!!

Frustrating
  • TyoTyo Registered Users 13 Posts
    Matiosk,

I'm sorry the game is crashing for you. So that we can further investigate the issue, can you tell me which iOS version and device model you are playing on?
    Mizmanx wrote: »
    Lost Alaska region and now game won't load at all any suggestions playing on latest iOS and have been having withdrawals tried airplane mode loading still not working what can I do with out uninstall and loosing the latest guns with all upgrades, money and gold

Mizmanx,

I'm sorry the game isn't loading. Can you tell me which iOS version and device model you are playing on?
    Arrggh!! I'm having the same problem!!! Crashes every time no matter what I do ... Grrrr, airplane mode, full reset etc.. Can anyone suggest anything as yes no external save and I've invested good time into this game!!!

Frustrating

Illuminartist, what device and OS are you playing on?
  • zorro14064zorro14064 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I am having crash issues as well. Ever since the Alaska update I cannot get past the loading/downloading update screen. The app just crashes before I can click on anything in the menu. Please send out a new update... I haven't been able to play in two weeks.
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    First off, I would like to say, I love this game. By far the best game for Android. Thank you Glu.

That said, it is a little frustrating with all the problems. I had to reinstall after…. I think Region 3 because it kept crashing. I fumbled through Region 5 with the game crashing after each hunt. They did fix that. Now Region 6, Mt. St. Helens. (I grew up 65 miles NW of there). After several hunts, I started getting a delay. A herky jerky type thing. Couldn’t get past it. Many hunts had a delay with moving and firing.

I just uninstalled again. I am now enjoying Region 2 for the 3rd time.

I’m a bit disappointed. But hey, it’s free.

Cheers from Kamala Beach Thailand, where the Andaman Sea is always warm, and the beer is cold.

Sunny
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • SmairsSmairs Registered Users 15 Posts
    I have just experienced the same problem. I am using an iPad (software version 7.0.4). On level 5 and have purchased gold and such. When I click on the icon to start the game, it freezes on the "checking for updates".

Any suggestions on how to repair?
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Smairs wrote: »
    I have just experienced the same problem. I am using an iPad (software version 7.0.4). On level 5 and have purchased gold and such. When I click on the icon to start the game, it freezes on the "checking for updates".

Any suggestions on how to repair?

Try shutting down any other stuff running with app manager. I also use Clean Sweep to clear junk files and that helps as well.

Good luck

Sunny
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • IhateCrappyProgrammingIhateCrappyProgramming Registered Users 49 Posts
    Sunny Thai wrote: »
    Try shutting down any other stuff running with app manager. I also use Clean Sweep to clear junk files and that helps as well.

Good luck

Sunny

GLU's reply to my ticket on this issue:
    "The fix for the problem you are reporting should be getting a release through Apple soon. We are working as fast as we can on completing this update. App releases around the holidays can take longer than usual; this means we are unfortunately unable to give an exact release date at this time. We appreciate your patience while the update is prepared."
  • kpettersenkpettersen Registered Users 1 Posts
    DH 2014 wont load. Keeps crashing.
    Im using a macbook air with 1,8 Ghz intel core I5 and osx 10.9
  • jpstockmanjpstockman Registered Users 1 Posts

Frustrating

Believe it or not Hos, this has happened to me too now. I now understand the pain you were having, walking around screaming into your iPhone incessantly for that entire week. Any tips for avoiding the tempting desire to hurl my iPhone into the nearest brick wall?!
  • sparky2281974sparky2281974 Registered Users 1 Posts
    If you clear your cache it may allow game to start, I lost my progress 4x. I hope this helps
  • Fish killer eliteFish killer elite Registered Users 4 Posts
    I contacted glu about this. They said their servers don't save game progress. They apologized and told me to contact iTunes to request support and request money back that I was dumb enough to spend on this broken corrupted game. It is a free game so glu doesn't care to support it or purchases made to them for cash or gold or what ever you bought from them. It is a fantastic game if it worked. I was done with the game waiting for region 7. Had 3.2 million cash and over 345 gold. I wish they at glu cared enough to support they games they create.:-(
  • ShiftlessDrifterShiftlessDrifter Registered Users 52 Posts
    It is a free game so glu doesn't care to support it

This is the unfortunate truth.
  • RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    For those getting hangs after getting the 1.2 update check out the link here!
  • VicPicVicPic Registered Users 12 Posts
    You have to put up with the "features" of DH2014 like everyone else:
    Lose Cash after pausing your game!
    Lose Gold after pausing your game!!
    Lose Rankings after pausing your game!!!
    Hey Glu: nice gameplay, textures, realism... but ya gotta FIX IT!!!
  • BigLancerBigLancer Registered Users 10 Posts
    Don't mean to gloat, but thought I'd add ( just FYI ) that I play on an Iphone5 and every level/weapon/update/gold & hb amount has worked flawlessly from the first download. Scope and Infared works perfectly ( exept on blacktail gazelles; pure luck is the only solution I've come up with). I only wish I wouldn't have wasted so much gold refilling energy when I first started and just couldn't put it down. Love the game and wanted to counter the complaints.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Nothing like reviving a year-old thread......
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    Nothing like reviving a year-old thread......

Wow! Freaked me out until I looked at the dates!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx