Options

Deer Hunter 14 1.2, Hangs, and You! - iOS device version - ADVANCED USERS ONLY

1.2.1 is now live! If you are hanging, update your build!

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    balsleymabalsleyma Registered Users 1 Posts
    Will this work on an Android Device? If not then is there a fix?
  • Options
    FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    This thread is for iOS devices not Android.

Please check the Google Play store to make sure you have the latest version. I believe they did release an update last night.

Thanks!
  • Options
    ShiftlessDrifterShiftlessDrifter Registered Users 52 Posts
    What do you suggest for users with Android devices besides the Play Store? After I updated the game it's now not loading. It gets stuck here:

xumDDxL.png

I've literally let it sit for 10 minutes and it doesn't move beyond this point; it's just stuck in a dummy loop. Would uninstalling/reinstalling work, perhaps? I don't want to risk losing my game history, that's the only thing.
  • Options
    Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    My Sam Galaxy is doing the same thing RIGHT NOW. Got the same screen ^^^ in a stupid loop. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Options
    PolecatPolecat Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am stuck the same way......just starting doing that tonight. :( HELP!!!
  • Options
    pyrotecpyrotec Registered Users 1 Posts
    YO...i'm having the same issue with DH2014 hanging on the "Preparing DH" screen...i have the original galaxy nexus with android...HELLLPPP...bustin caps in animals (virtually of course) is my daily stress reliever... also...I never am able to get glu gold....after each level the glu gold stays at 0 when it should increment by +1...no biggy....I should only have 30 gold at this point.. :D
  • Options
    sunshnnscsunshnnsc Registered Users 4 Posts
    Francis wrote: »
    This thread is for iOS devices not Android.

Please check the Google Play store to make sure you have the latest version. I believe they did release an update last night.

Thanks!

They did release an update for Android.....That is when my game stopped working, again.
  • Options
    DANDE1135DANDE1135 Registered Users 1 Posts
    If you have been stuck on "Checking for Updates" and unable to load the game on your iPhone, THIS IS THE FIX.
    Thank you GLU for coming up with this and sharing it.

Also, Mod, please delete the Android user's posts that are trying to hijack this thread to complain. It is important that IOS users are able to find this fix without being confused by the complainers.
  • Options
    Bigdaddyg10Bigdaddyg10 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Did all of the below. now it won't launch. Re-install? Will I lose the progress? It gets to "Checking for updates" then hangs and then quits
    Roone wrote: »
    Hey everyone, we are aware of reports that a number of users are having issues with the game crashing when loading the game, a region or a hunt. In this latest release we fixed one of the hangs so hopefully that fixed it for you! If not there are a couple of other hangs we just came up with fixes for but unfortunately were not able to get into the last patch. We are testing out a way to get this fix off to you and we will get that out ASAP.

Good news! We do have a work around to get you up and running! It does require you to delete some files on your iOS device.

I've put together a guide that walks you through how to do this on your own! You must make sure you are connected to the internet. Avoid airports or hotels that require you to login through a portal while doing this because if you are not fully logged in it can cause the hang in the first place.

1. Download iExplorer from http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/
    2. Install iExplorer
    3. Launch iExplorer. Select continue to use in Demo Mode
    4. Connect iOS device. If device has a password enter it on the device and have device on home screen before device will load in iExplorer
    5. Double Click Apps
    6. Double Click DH 2014 folder
    7. Double Click Library
    8. Delete the below FOLDER
      Apps/DH 2014/Library/BundleData
    9. Double Click Caches
    10. Delete the below files/folders if present
      a. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/Manifest b. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/manifesttime.txt c. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/ABTestConfig.txt d. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/GluonConfig.txt e. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/Killswitch.txt f. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/MissionSettings.txt g. 1 folder. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/dynamic_content
    11. Launch the game
  • Options
    sunshnnscsunshnnsc Registered Users 4 Posts
    DANDE1135 wrote: »
    If you have been stuck on "Checking for Updates" and unable to load the game on your iPhone, THIS IS THE FIX.
    Thank you GLU for coming up with this and sharing it.

Also, Mod, please delete the Android user's posts that are trying to hijack this thread to complain. It is important that IOS users are able to find this fix without being confused by the complainers.

Maybe if they did something like this for Android users we wouldn't and shouldn't have to "hijack" your precious thread. Our few posts isn't going to keep people from finding anything.
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    Did all of the below. now it won't launch. Re-install? Will I lose the progress? It gets to "Checking for updates" then hangs and then quits

Don't delete the game as you will lose your progress. Which device and iOS are you using? Thanks!
  • Options
    cyclemikecyclemike Registered Users 4 Posts
    I have an HTC one max android 4.3 do I uninstall of what how do I fix my game
  • Options
    For all the Android users the team is working on a fix that doesn't require anything on your end. They have been working day and night over the weekend to get this fix out ASAP. Do not uninstall your game as that will cause all your data to be lost.
  • Options
    H4nicbraH4nicbra Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have the newest version on ios 7.0.4. My energy won't refill and says I need to connect to a network to fix it (timer error) But it doesn't. And ideas?
  • Options
    Bigdaddyg10Bigdaddyg10 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Roone wrote: »
    Don't delete the game as you will lose your progress. Which device and iOS are you using? Thanks!

iPhone 5 and the iOS version is 7.0.4. thanks for responding!
  • Options
    Bafia81Bafia81 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I used the above directions and the game still hangs up when I try to load the next region or use the weapons store
  • Options
    labslabs Registered Users 1 Posts
    Is anyone else having problems now with the game now keeping track of funds earned or stage progress? This problem started last night. I have played the same levels several times now and once I leave the game and then come back, the progress and funds are gone.
  • Options
    For Android Users - They JUST released a 1.2.2 build that should fix the hangs. Please download the update and give it a shot!
  • Options
    X_skydiverX_skydiver Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am on iOS 7.0.4 & game is still no saving. Will there be an update to clear this issue? The only fix mentioned for iOS is the explorer download that I would prefer not doing. Thanks
  • Options
    1.2.1 is now live on iOS which replaces following these instructions! Locking this thread and unsticking!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.