Options

Weird

pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
Game just updated to get rid of the holiday hunts and I jumped from level 45 to level 62!

Rare hunts are still with us, it would appear...
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    g 78 33g 78 33 Registered Users 158 Posts
    Same thing here but the rare hunts are different there. Or holiday themed I just killed two rams in a region 1 rare hunt
  • Options
    Not had any open up yet.

I started playing from the beginning on my Android phone the other day, so I'll have to see whether he's updated, too.
  • Options
    Tell a lie, just had a region 6 one pop up. It was kill 3 grey wolves and the prize was over 5,300 bucks. Nice!
  • Options
    It was way cooler when I thought they were leaving rare hunts on but apparently they just screwed up,nothing but contract hunts again
  • Options
    Oh yeah, they've disappeared now! Still on level 62, though...
  • Options
    I got bumped up to level 83 it was weird my level read 83 after the update and I had to play that many times to catch up to the level that was posted.
  • Options
    Same here. Played one hunt, got a star and a gold bar each time until 62 was reached. Wonder if anyone can beat 83? :cool:
  • Options
    mwrhgcmwrhgc Registered Users 134 Posts
    I wonder if mine will.change,i have been on level 39 for over a week it seems..
  • Options
    Well, I seem to be flying through 62, so maybe they've changed the speed in which the player progresses through the levels?
  • Options
    Bigdaddy647Bigdaddy647 Registered Users 15 Posts
    My theory is they were making up for the imperceptible progress we were getting for the last several weeks. You could go on hunt after hunt and the level bar would hardly move. Now it seems to progress more normally after this "correction". I went from level 44 to 58.
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    no change here, still playing normally the contract hunts, moving slowly through level 43, rare hunts and holiday hunts still here...mmmm.. could be the updates vary with world regions...we will await...
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Game just updated to get rid of the holiday hunts and I jumped from level 45 to level 62!

Rare hunts are still with us, it would appear...

Same here. I jumped today from lvl 41 to lvl 67 and can keep playing rare hunts but it looks like if rewards are over for good.
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I am flying through level 68. The speed was definitely changed. I played about 100 games and already about halfway through level 68.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Seems to be a lot of discrepancy in how the level jumps work. I jumped from three quarters through level 45 to half way through 62 whilst someone else goes from 41 to 67...???
  • Options
    SoCalMitchSoCalMitch Registered Users 31 Posts
    Would be nice if it didn't crash on the opening screen though.
  • Options
    Never had that once. I play on iOS and Android.
  • Options
    Seems to be a lot of discrepancy in how the level jumps work. I jumped from three quarters through level 45 to half way through 62 whilst someone else goes from 41 to 67...???

If Bigdaddy647's theory is correct, that simply means that I played more than you during the slow progress malfunction that this update fixed.
  • Options
    That makes no sense to my brain. I progressed from 39 to 45 during the 'slow period', so how could you have played more often and only got to 41? I reckon level 39 alone took me around 400 hunts to get through...
  • Options
    That makes no sense to my brain. I progressed from 39 to 45 during the 'slow period', so how could you have played more often and only got to 41? I reckon level 39 alone took me around 400 hunts to get through...

Unless we knew when the "slow period" started, our respective lvls at that moment, and how many hunts each of us played during that period, any explanation is just a lucubration.

Your question (I progressed from 39 to 45 during the 'slow period', so how could you have played more often and only got to 41?) has a posible answer: Imagine that during the "slow period" I progressed from 31 to 41. That means that I was playing a lot more than you (almost twice) so the progress that I made during that period and was not recognized immediately, became evident when the malfunction was fixed. I am not saying that this happened (honestly I do not know when the slow period started or my lvl at that time), but in pure logical terms, that would answer your question.
  • Options
    Tbuff49Tbuff49 Registered Users 12 Posts
    Levels don't progress by the number of hunts or kills it is by the amount of hunt dollars you earn. If you play 100 games in region 1 you will advance more slowly that 100 games on region 7. Push the dollars up and you advance though levels. Push the number of kills up and you advance on the advance sheet. Play club hunts and you advance on the advance sheet. Play normal hunts and you advance on the advance sheet. To advance on all areas you will need to make a calculated measure between, dollars, kills and plays.
  • Options
    Thanks for the information. That is why I jumped from level 47 to 67. I have been playing the contract hunts in region 7 which gives you the most hunt dollars.
  • Options
    Tbuff49 wrote: »
    Levels don't progress by the number of hunts or kills it is by the amount of hunt dollars you earn. If you play 100 games in region 1 you will advance more slowly that 100 games on region 7. Push the dollars up and you advance though levels. Push the number of kills up and you advance on the advance sheet. Play club hunts and you advance on the advance sheet. Play normal hunts and you advance on the advance sheet. To advance on all areas you will need to make a calculated measure between, dollars, kills and plays.

Thanks for the info. This makes full sense and explains my jump from lvl 41 to 67 as I said. I played a lot in region 6 to get the region 8 assault rifle, and region 7 to collect as much money as possible (to be able to immediately buy all weapons and add-ons of region 8 when it is released).
  • Options
    That's not right. I just clicked on the club hunt badge and received 3 payments amounting to around 30,000 bucks and the level gauge never moved....
  • Options
    That's not right. I just clicked on the club hunt badge and received 3 payments amounting to around 30,000 bucks and the level gauge never moved....

I think that it is right. At least the part that says that progress depends on the region you are hunting. I tested it. Hunt in region 1: the gauge did not move (or at least I could not notice any movement). Hunt in region 7: the movement in the bar can be clearly seen.
  • Options
    Tbuff49 said it is the amount of dollars you earn that makes you advance. I earned 30,000 from 3 club hunts and moved not one jot. That makes that statement incorrect, in my view i.e. I just made the equivalent of 9 or 10 region 7 contract hunts with no movement whatsoever.
  • Options
    The club hunts don't seem to move the progress bar at all. The region 7 contract hunt you can actually see the level bar move.
  • Options
    Tbuff49 said it is the amount of dollars you earn that makes you advance. I earned 30,000 from 3 club hunts and moved not one jot. That makes that statement incorrect, in my view i.e. I just made the equivalent of 9 or 10 region 7 contract hunts with no movement whatsoever.

May be that part (club hunts) is incorrect. Test the other part of the statement (hunting in region 1 versus region 7) and you will see the bar not moving - moving. Any way, lvl advance is almost irrelevant since it only means 1 extra gold bar and you need thousands to buy any decent gun.
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    The club hunts don't seem to move the progress bar at all. The region 7 contract hunt you can actually see the level bar move.

It does move, indeed.
  • Options
    Tbuff49Tbuff49 Registered Users 12 Posts

You must not be up to your proper level yet. The bar will not advance until you reach your level. Meaning if you play big dollars you will advance another level while trying to catch up and will take another game to catch up. Once you catch up your bar will start to advance again. You get one step up for each game you play and the amount of games needed will depend on the gap you need to fill. For instance, one of you jumped from 40 something to 83, you will have to play at least 40 games before you will start to advance the bar again. Unfortunately, you will advance to at least 84 or 85 by the dollars and you will need to make those games up too.
  • Options
    Normal advancement here. I jumped to 62, as stated and I'm now around 25% into level 65. I had been playing in all regions when the holiday hunts were on, trying to win all the prize guns, so maybe others just hung around in region 7 and jumped further? I finished all the holiday hunts in all 6 regions and won all 6 freebie weapons, so that would've been a lot of time spent down the in the lower ranks.