Got Stingray and Rapier Hound

gman6419gman6419 Registered Users 21 Posts
I was able to complete both levels 5&6 to get both new weapons for level 9. It only cost about $200,000 and 40 glu credits, but it is complete. Now another $200,000 to upgrade these for when level 9 is released.

Comments

• SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I am almost done with the region 6 alpine event and have not won a region 9 weapon. Did you when the weapon when you completed the event?
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Once all that event hunts are completed the weapon is awarded.
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Thanks. Just waiting for my energy to refill.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    The pistol hunts are being a pain. You have to have a sight fitted to the pistol and it's a 25 minute wait for each upgrade! The Rapier Hound only has 5 min waits for imports which is much easier to bear.
  • Peteroc317Peteroc317 Registered Users 55 Posts
    How did you buy the guns to play with in regionn5 and 6? With glu gold or did you win them in the rare holiday hunts?
  • gman6419gman6419 Registered Users 21 Posts
    I spent endless hours collecting $$ in region 8. I had over 3 million and purchased the hardware needed to complete the mission. I only used glu credits to refill lives.
    gman6419 wrote: »
    I spent endless hours collecting $$ in region 8. I had over 3 million and purchased the hardware needed to complete the mission. I only used glu credits to refill lives.

I understand that but were you able to buy the region 5 and 6 guns needed to do the sportsman missions with hunter bucks?
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I won all 6 guns in the holiday hunts at Christmas.
  • IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    Peteroc317 wrote: »
    I understand that but were you able to buy the region 5 and 6 guns needed to do the sportsman missions with hunter bucks?

They set it up so that anyone that did not find this game until after the holiday event either can't play this event unless they have over 700 gold to buy the guns or they have to spend around 30.00 to buy the 750 gold package. I don't know about others but I can sure think of lots of other things I would rather spend 30 bucks on than 2 guns that work in regions I already have guns for. Notice how few post on this forum, very few compared to other games. This sort of thing causes people to say to hell with this and hit the delete button. You should be able to buy gold with bucks, period.
  • BlerkoidBlerkoid Registered Users 15 Posts
    Personally I only had 47 glu coins and I was able to buy the two guns for only $10.

The "trick" is to play the first hunt with normal guns and then they will offer you a one time deal on the event gun.

I am not fond of the idea of spending my money on the game, but it was worth the $10 since it kept me busy for a few hours.

I couldn't go play pool for an hour with just $10. It is all about perspective. We expect everything for free now a days. Oh and we want it immediately lol.

Have a good day guys.
  • mwrhgcmwrhgc Registered Users 134 Posts
    I was able to buy the guns i needed with hunter bucks...why is it people are complaining they have to spend gold.. is it different for other systems than android? I see that people say that they dont want to spend even their hunter bucks.. what are u saving them for? They arent gonna turn to real some day...why have 8 mill in the bank and be using the weaker weapons to drudge thru .. dont get it..
    Blerkoid wrote: »
    Personally I only had 47 glu coins and I was able to buy the two guns for only $10.

The "trick" is to play the first hunt with normal guns and then they will offer you a one time deal on the event gun.

I am not fond of the idea of spending my money on the game, but it was worth the $10 since it kept me busy for a few hours.

I couldn't go play pool for an hour with just $10. It is all about perspective. We expect everything for free now a days. Oh and we want it immediately lol.

Have a good day guys.

Worth the $10 for guns that are useless and underpowered for anything else. I'm sorry I'm no cheapo but that just doesn't make sense to me. Just curious...if you dont mind me asking...how much have you honestly spent on this game since you first started playing it?
    Hello Peteroc317,

I think you are looking at it a bit 1 dimensional. Think of it as you are paying $10 for the region 9 weapons and the opportunity to play some new levels in the mean time.

Personally I have spent $50 on the game since I downloaded it in December. Having said that - I could have avoided the nasty $40 I spent in December if I were more familiar with some tips that I now know of. I rationalize the amount I spend based on the amount of time I get to play new levels. Some people cannot come to terms with paying any money, though.
    Hello Peteroc317,

I think you are looking at it a bit 1 dimensional. Think of it as you are paying $10 for the region 9 weapons and the opportunity to play some new levels in the mean time

I'm going to us some of my 3 million hunter bucks to buy the region 9 weapons when region 9 comes out...this whole alpine sportsman is just a way to get people to spend money on a game that is supposed to be free.
    You are absolutely correct. They are just like every other business in the world. They want to make money.

Thankfully you can still play the game without paying with real money. It is just a bit limited that way.
    mwrhgc wrote: »
    I was able to buy the guns i needed with hunter bucks...why is it people are complaining they have to spend gold.. is it different for other systems than android? I see that people say that they dont want to spend even their hunter bucks.. what are u saving them for? They arent gonna turn to real some day...why have 8 mill in the bank and be using the weaker weapons to drudge thru .. dont get it..

I don't know how you managed to buy the alpine event guns with hunter bucks because that is not an option. Can you explain how you did that?
    Between ios and android there is a difference. Guns needed for these hunts were available for in game cash or gold for android and apparently only available for gold with ios.
    Kyra420 wrote: »
    Between ios and android there is a difference. Guns needed for these hunts were available for in game cash or gold for android and apparently only available for gold with ios.

We'll just when I thought it couldn't get anymore ridiculous, it just did. Why in the world would they be available for bucks on droid but not iOS? That makes no sense at all. I play on my iPad so that sux and glue is to blame, they have the option, but are penalizing non g00gle users.
    Kyra420 wrote: »

Umm... What? That makes no sense to me. Why would they do that?
    Umm... What? That makes no sense to me. Why would they do that?

No idea as it has certainly irritated many ios users.
  • Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    I've gathered so much hunter cash that just for kicks I bought all assault rifles and loaded all of them up. Thankfully one of them was needed to complete the assualt rifle event. Flew through that and now have the region 9 assualt rifle fully loaded. Almost bought the pistol for 160 gold coins but it allowed me to play the first hunt without it, then gave me a one time offer at 60 gold bars, naturally I couldn't resist. Bought that pistol, because I thought I would get a shot gun at the end of the event, finished the event maxing out that pistol and earned a region 9 pistol, which is stinkin bad!! I still have alp most 10 million hunter bucks, sure wish I could spend them on guns.....
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool: