Game Center/ leadership board cheating

SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
Does anyone else find it annoying that the number 1 and 2 spot in total kills obviously cheated? The top 17 spots in games played also obviously cheated. And the top 2 spots in club hunts also cheated. It seems like those people just typed in a high number to be on the top of the leadership board.

I reported some of those people for cheating. I am just wandering who removed those people. About a month ago some of those cheaters were removed but not all of them.
:cool:iPhone 6:cool:
Prev1

Comments

• Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    It is annoying. Top guy with 2 billion kills, or something like that. What a moron.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Guy on android averages about 97 kills per hunt if you do the math. What hunts am I missing that offer that, lol. If you are someone that just has to see yourself on top by cheating it is sad. Just play and enjoy the game, it is just a leader board.
  • Peteroc317Peteroc317 Registered Users 55 Posts
    sheppeck wrote: »
    does anyone else find it annoying that the number 1 and 2 spot in total kills obviously cheated? The top 17 spots in games played also obviously cheated. And the top 2 spots in club hunts also cheated. It seems like those people just typed in a high number to be on the top of the leadership board.

I reported some of those people for cheating. I am just wandering who removed those people. About a month ago some of those cheaters were removed but not all of them.

stop whining!!!
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Peteroc317 wrote: »
    stop whining!!!
    This is called discussing, not whining.
  • Peteroc317Peteroc317 Registered Users 55 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    This is called discussing, not whining.

Nope looks like whining to me
    Peteroc317 wrote: »
    Nope looks like whining to me
    My definition of a whiner is someone complaining about the same thing multiple times without a purpose.

My purpose of starting this thread was to clear out the cheaters in this game who used a hack to get to the top spots on the leadership boards.
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Why all the worrying about where your name appears on a leader board? It means nothing. Nobody knows who you are. and nobody really cares how many kills you may have in this game. It is just not important. Whether you are #1 or #1 million doesn't matter. You don't get any gold or hunter bucks for your position on the leader board, so quit worrying about where you or anyone else stands and just enjoy the game.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
    I do enjoy the game. And it does matter to me where my name appears on the leader board. And it probably matters to other people since they have a leader board. If it didn't matter to most people they wouldn't even have a leader board.
    On android there is luckily only one hacked spot as mentioned above. Second spot averages about 6 kills per hunt, so only a slight difference. ...yes I am being sarcastic. Through simple math I would think hackers could be sought out and deleted easily. I personally did not find the start of the thread to be whiney; it informed me that ios seems to have a much bigger problem with this. Also, since I am yet to answer the question asked; yes I do find people annoying that would cheat and even worse it is for nothing, as mentioned in the thread, there is no reward.
  • g 78 33g 78 33 Registered Users 158 Posts
    I agree it is annoying that people hack the leader board scores but if I remember correctly they did clean than up once already unfortunately they missed a couple.
    And also I don't believe wanting a fair shot should be considered"whining"?
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I agree that the leaderboards should be cleaned up again. I do care where I'm at. It's another aspect of the game. I compete with total strangers. It makes doing the same hunts over and over again a little more tolerable.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • A$$hat65A$$hat65 Registered Users 10 Posts
    I doubt hackers play. It's probably just a joy ride for them. What about in game cheaters? The ones that take advantage of outside the game resources/loopholes to bring value inside the game. That's better than cheating, somehow? I think not.
    Android board is fixed, as usual, it typically takes only a day or two and it is back to legit.
    Oh, I see. Cheating isn't cheating when it's not legit. Understood. Lol.
    A$$hat65 wrote: »
    I doubt hackers play. It's probably just a joy ride for them. What about in game cheaters? The ones that take advantage of outside the game resources/loopholes to bring value inside the game. That's better than cheating, somehow? I think not.

Since ignoring the comment and instead continuing to respond to the topic specific to the thread was too mature I guess I will address this so that maybe the tears can stop. Hacking, illegally altering data, is, well, illegal. The "in game cheaters" as you call them, did nothing illegal or wrong at all. In fact, fully utilizing all avenues to obtain needed, or desired, materials is actually just being diligent and resourceful, not cheating. If you could play several glu games to add to credits; why wouldn't you and who wouldn't if said credits were desired? If somehow enjoyment of the game is hindered because the operating system used, change the one you use.
    The threads have been full of so many waterwaterworks since the alpine event release I am starting to think a boat will be needed for the next region.

A$$hat65 wrote: »

It is not cheating if the game allows android users to use gold acquired in other games. I wish apple devices allowed this. But it isn't that hard to get free gold by watching the videos or signing up for some of the offers.
    It is not cheating if the game allows android users to use gold acquired in other games. I wish apple devices allowed this. But it isn't that hard to get free gold by watching the videos or signing up for some of the offers.

Exactly, I can get 15-20 gold everyday if I choose to watch the videos. Not really that hard. Gold adds up quick at that rate.
    I watch the videos but usually max out around 6-8 bars a day and sometimes even less
    I usually get between 12 and 15 gold per day. Sometimes as high as 20. It seems like you have to click on the gold icon multiple times a day to get a lot of gold. About a month ago you could watch about 10 videos in a row. Now you are lucky to get 4 in a row.
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    I usually get between 12 and 15 gold per day. Sometimes as high as 20. It seems like you have to click on the gold icon multiple times a day to get a lot of gold. About a month ago you could watch about 10 videos in a row. Now you are lucky to get 4 in a row.

Lucky you. I click on the gold icon multiple times a day as well ... but get the chance to watch videos once every 3-4 days only. Most times just 1 video and rarely not more than 4 in a row.
    Kyra420 wrote: »
    Since ignoring the comment and instead continuing to respond to the topic specific to the thread was too mature I guess I will address this so that maybe the tears can stop. Hacking, illegally altering data, is, well, illegal. The "in game cheaters" as you call them, did nothing illegal or wrong at all. In fact, fully utilizing all avenues to obtain needed, or desired, materials is actually just being diligent and resourceful, not cheating. If you could play several glu games to add to credits; why wouldn't you and who wouldn't if said credits were desired? If somehow enjoyment of the game is hindered because the operating system used, change the one you use.
    The threads have been full of so many waterwaterworks since the alpine event release I am starting to think a boat will be needed for the next region.

Since ignoring the comment... I never called you out but it's obvious that you've taken it personally. My apologies.

My original post was in regards to use of non game resources to progress in the game. Legit, illegit, ethical or not. If you use those resources you cheat the intent of the game in and of itself. You don't cheat me or anybody else. Just the game, perhaps oneself. Would I if it were available? You bet your backside! And in doing so I would have cheated the game. And laughed, not cried.

Put your boat away.
  • garyevans1968@gmail.comgaryevans1968@gmail.com Registered Users 1 Posts
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    Why all the worrying about where your name appears on a leader board? It means nothing. Nobody knows who you are. and nobody really cares how many kills you may have in this game. It is just not important. Whether you are #1 or #1 million doesn't matter. You don't get any gold or hunter bucks for your position on the leader board, so quit worrying about where you or anyone else stands and just enjoy the game.
    Does anyone else find it annoying that the number 1 and 2 spot in total kills obviously cheated? The top 17 spots in games played also obviously cheated. And the top 2 spots in club hunts also cheated. It seems like those people just typed in a high number to be on the top of the leadership board.

I reported some of those people for cheating. I am just wandering who removed those people. About a month ago some of those cheaters were removed but not all of them.[/QUOTE

People should take pride in anything they do and it is hard to enjoy something when other don't take pride and cheat.
  • RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    Hey guys I will work on getting Apple to clean them up again on iOS. Thanks for calling this out again! This might take a day or so.
    Roone wrote: »
    Hey guys I will work on getting Apple to clean them up again on iOS. Thanks for calling this out again! This might take a day or so.

Thank you. All of the cheaters were removed from the iOS leader boards.
    Roone wrote: »

Thank you for cleaning it up. Great job!!
  • OmnomshibobOmnomshibob Registered Users 3 Posts
    I think the Android "Total Hunts" leader board is still messed up! I'm at No.5 in total hunts (soon to be No.4) but I'm so far down on the "Total Kills" board I can't even find myself. I was 7th in Total Kills then all of a sudden I'm nowhere to be seen, WTF?
    I think the Android "Total Hunts" leader board is still messed up! I'm at No.5 in total hunts (soon to be No.4) but I'm so far down on the "Total Kills" board I can't even find myself. I was 7th in Total Kills then all of a sudden I'm nowhere to be seen, WTF?

Unfortunately I can only impact the Apple boards. From what I hear they (whoever they are) police the Android boards fairly regularly.
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    JManModz who is about 8th place on the GC board is a cheat. They had 69,000 kills and 69,000 hunts, but have only been removed from the total hunts chart...
    pistoff wrote: »
    JManModz who is about 8th place on the GC board is a cheat. They had 69,000 kills and 69,000 hunts, but have only been removed from the total hunts chart...

Thanks, I usually send a list after there are a couple as it's a manual process and it's easier to do a couple at a time then one here and there. Keep calling out ones people think are fake and I will make sure to get them in the next batch!