Options

Cool way to hunt Canadian Geese

~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
I just completed killing 12 Canadian Geese in Region 8. I got tired of shooting them with a shotgun, so I attempted this hunt with an assault rifle. Pretty cool. It also allows for a lot of shots before reloading. Give it a try.

~Lawman~

Comments

• Options
    Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    I have also used an assault rifle, the first time was by mistake,I forgot to swap weapons. Try your pistol
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    I have also used an assault rifle, the first time was by mistake,I forgot to swap weapons. Try your pistol

I will try a pistol. I keep trying to keep entertained with hunt variations until Region 9 comes out.. Thanks for the idea.

~Lawman~
  • Options
    Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    I started using the pistol for everything ,just to change it up.i have found that the rifles are only needed when required.i have used the assault rifles way more than the rifles and shot guns. I would like to see bow/crossbow challage. I had a post about a month ago asking for thoughts about bow/crossbow challenge and a muzzleloader challage.everyone that replied agreeded the bow was a good idea,but they had a region with a muzzleloader challenge which no one liked
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Muzzle loader would be cool maybe the reload times made it unpopular I never saw it offered otherwise I'd given it a go reckon bow would be another good option
    ( + )
  • Options
    slowride109slowride109 Registered Users 15 Posts
    I have started using open sights on most of the hunts now and I usually hunt with a pistol to keep it interesting. The Region 8 Geese are a challenge with open sights but now that they have put more in it you can still do it with plenty of time left. The region 7 assault rifle contract hunt with the 5 impalas running on the dunes is also challenging with open sights especially when you use a pistol. I kind of wish I could hunt some of the rifles with open sights but only the region 1 rifle lets you take the scope off. The Grantham Outlaw front pin looks pretty nasty.
    I didn't mind the muzzleloader hunts but I didn't buy the one with Glu credits so I missed out on regions 4-6. It was a fun idea for thanksgiving! Bow/crossbow would be fun in my book too.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I have started using open sights on most of the hunts now and I usually hunt with a pistol to keep it interesting. The Region 8 Geese are a challenge with open sights but now that they have put more in it you can still do it with plenty of time left. The region 7 assault rifle contract hunt with the 5 impalas running on the dunes is also challenging with open sights especially when you use a pistol. I kind of wish I could hunt some of the rifles with open sights but only the region 1 rifle lets you take the scope off. The Grantham Outlaw front pin looks pretty nasty.
    I didn't mind the muzzleloader hunts but I didn't buy the one with Glu credits so I missed out on regions 4-6. It was a fun idea for thanksgiving! Bow/crossbow would be fun in my book too.
    is the grantham outlaw the rifle that sounds like a .50 cal? What is the best sounding gun based on muzzle report after shot fired any suggestions welcomed?
    ( + )