Is an assault rifle necessary?

LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
Looking at the rapier hound, but I'm not sure that I need it. I've got the level 9 rifle, and it works great for recommended assault rifle hunts.

Will I need an assault rifle to get through the standard regions?

Comments

• garymckinnon31garymckinnon31 Registered Users 176 Posts
    I didn't get a assault rifle until I won it for region 10. That being said I do like that you can get more rounds with the assault rifle.
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    If you play the club hunts an assault rifle is necessary.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    The assault.rifles so far haven't been a requirement of trophy hunts but some previous events required them I think the assault rifles make life easier to progress in the game tend to have rifle upgraded to trophy hunt requirement but an assault rifle with infared as backup weapon makes multiple organ hunts a breeze
    ( + )
  • WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    Maybe not necessarily but certainty makes for easier hunting. i have done 80-90% of my hunting with one. I like to use as primary with shotgun backup.
    I'm still waithing on twin drum option for assault rifle and veypr / saiga 12 shotgun with drum mag option to appear
    ( + )
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    The assault.rifles so far haven't been a requirement of trophy hunts but some previous events required them I think the assault rifles make life easier to progress in the game tend to have rifle upgraded to trophy hunt requirement but an assault rifle with infared as backup weapon makes multiple organ hunts a breeze

I'm with him on this,get one and you'll see why!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    I'm with him on this,get one and you'll see why!

Third that,I use a assault rifle the majority of the time
  • don1923don1923 Registered Users 46 Posts
    YES. I have had the region 9 assault rifle from the get go. It helps things move along. You can blast anything with it. Let's say you have to use the cheap bow for a hunt. You put the hound in as primary and the bow secondary. The hunt opens and you blast away with the rifle but are credited for the bow hunt. You will NEVER have to repeat a hunt from failing.

That works on everything.
    That'll make animal calls offer redundant then..must admit assault rifles are cool just wish twin drum mags were available for the spray & pray moments
    ( + )