Less time reward, old idea, but ongoing bounties section could make it work?

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
Before there was the incentive for skilled shots for every hunt (bounties section), someone suggested that there should be a bonus for successful hunts that you take less time to complete. The questions are whether there should be a cap on the bounties section and what kind of reward you would get for completing hunts in less than the allotted time (bucks, gold, or another measurable/incentive statistic). What do you think?
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Hunt completed in fastest time should be a glu gold reward as to capping bounties I like the bounties section dh reloaded challenges keep me going back to complete I think dh2014 needs bounties to keep entertainment as doing repeatedly contract hunts between region releases soon gets old..
    ( + )
  • Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Before there was the incentive for skilled shots for every hunt (bounties section), someone suggested that there should be a bonus for successful hunts that you take less time to complete. The questions are whether there should be a cap on the bounties section and what kind of reward you would get for completing hunts in less than the allotted time (bucks, gold, or another measurable/incentive statistic). What do you think?

Do you mean in addition to the bucks rewarded for finishing the hunt in time?--if there was going to a reward for a time bonus , example :there is a 1:10 to complete the hunt--completed in 20 seconds--get x bonus,completed in 30 seconds get x bonus,after that on bonus,still get the cash reward for completing hunt----then there should be a pently for wounded animals--no bouns rewarded----skill shots would equal kills,so there is not the spray and pray mentality just complete the hunt quickly to get a bouns.
    Has to be --Rewarded for performance

So,as for the bounties cap,do you mean a time limit to complete? And if it dose have a time limit, then the timer would need to start when the app was loaded and not by the release of the app --because people with android got the lost region a week before those of us using ISO. ---Already capped ,unless they add another star/stars for the next lost region
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Do you mean in addition to the bucks rewarded for finishing the hunt in time?--if there was going to a reward for a time bonus , example :there is a 1:10 to complete the hunt--completed in 20 seconds--get x bonus,completed in 30 seconds get x bonus,after that on bonus,still get the cash reward for completing hunt----then there should be a pently for wounded animals--no bouns rewarded----skill shots would equal kills,so there is not the spray and pray mentality just complete the hunt quickly to get a bouns.
    Has to be --Rewarded for performance

So,as for the bounties cap,do you mean a time limit to complete? And if it dose have a time limit, then the timer would need to start when the app was loaded and not by the release of the app --because people with android got the lost region a week before those of us using ISO. ---Already capped ,unless they add another star/stars for the next lost region

I like the ideas of using the time bonus intertwined with the bounties as you mentioned, but I was originally looking at time and bounties as two separate ideas.

Reward based on time:
    Since we have an over abundance of hunter bucks I was thinking that the hunter bucks reward would be the maximum amount of hunter bucks you could gain. Example: The maximum allotted time is 60 seconds; maximum reward is 1000 if you complete hunt in 30 sec, 900 if it takes you 40 sec, 800 for 50 sec, etc

Bounties cap:
    One of the reasons I like the bounties section is because it promotes skilled shots in every hunt, basically expanding the philosophy of the trophy hunts. So I agree that the bounties section should not end at "3 stars". Bounties also encourage you to revisit regions you've already completed.

I think your ideas are an expansion of the trophy hunt requirements of having to use organ shots for every kill in the hunt. You also touched on the idea of failing the hunt if you only wounded the animal, increasing the difficulty in some of the faster/farther hunts.

If I read your idea correctly, you're saying that it would be a requirement to kill animals with an organ shot and if you only wounded the animal without killing it, that would also be a failed hunt. That would definitely increase the difficulty and might warrant an entirely new special hunt series....maybe a professional series hunt?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    I like the the count down bonus and a professional hunting series ideas.