Options

Region ten has arrived,something a little different

Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
Various backgrounds , some with snow,some are mountain. You also have other animals in the hunt,beside the one required for the hunt,40 hunts ,plus the trophy hunts--only played the fist ten,at hunt 9 I got a one time offer for the region ten rifle--hauer cog 650 gold bars.

Comments

• Options
    Limey77Limey77 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Various backgrounds , some with snow,some are mountain. You also have other animals in the hunt,beside the one required for the hunt,40 hunts ,plus the trophy hunts--only played the fist ten,at hunt 9 I got a one time offer for the region ten rifle--hauer cog 650 gold bars.

Long time lurker but this is my first post.

Are you saying it offered you the cog for 650gb at event 9 in region 10? Because at event 9 in my game it offered me the cog for 91gb! Obviously I snapped it up at that price, and I'm loving it so far.
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts

My iPad also got it. I have not started hunting because my energy was ... inexistent when the update arrived, but I took advantage of the replenishing time to buy the region 10 rifle (Westin Spur) and shotgun (Rohman Pitbull) which can be bought with hunter bucks (there are superior weapons only available for gold spenders). Both weapons and all their upgrades cost roughly 2 million hunter bucks. In my case no need to buy the region 10 pistol/AR because I got them in the zombi hunts.

The waiting period for the arrival of upgrades level 4 to 7 after buying them has been shortened by GLU (5 minutes instead of the 25 minutes of previous regions). It appears (as I said I have not started hunting yet) that rewards for the series and trophy hunts are just hunter bucks (no platinum eagles).
  • Options
    Limey77Limey77 Registered Users 3 Posts
    So far it's just been about 8,500 hunter bucks per hunt, no platinum eagles.

After doing the first trophy hunt I was offered the Grantham Oxford for 69gb.

Also no new bounties have appeared.
  • Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts

A little different is fairly accurate, but tiny bit different might be more accurate. I think it's definitely one of the most boring regions. More bear, deer, et,. Yawwwwwwnnnnn! I'll play in the Africa regions until I finish the bountys that give good gold. Once those are done I will just wait for region 11 and hope someone can get creative or play in lost temple. That ones not bad at all.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    iPad user:
    I was offered the Cog rifle for 93% off after completing a few of the hunter series, I think it was 94 gold with upgrades available in hunter bucks or gold. Also bought the lesser rifle "Spur" and new assault rifle "Oxford" with hunter bucks. I've spent 94 gold and about 5 million bucks to purchase and fully upgrade the Spur, Cog, Oxford, and Pitbull. 20/40 in the hunter series is awesome, mix of animals with over lapping and almost constant walking.....fun fun

For those of you that play the game for free and haven't been able to afford the luxury of having inferred with a quick fire rate rifle, the Cog is pretty sweet and worth the 94 gold. It doesn't require the visual delay of the pulling the lever for the next round and the 1 sec fire rate is just quick enough to aim at heart/brains of the next target.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Doesn't seem very fair that some users get offered the rifle for 650 gold and some get it for less than 100. Can anyone from glu explain why that is?
  • Options
    David T wrote: »
    iPad user:
    I was offered the Cog rifle for 93% off after completing a few of the hunter series, I think it was 94 gold with upgrades available in hunter bucks or gold. Also bought the lesser rifle "Spur" and new assault rifle "Oxford" with hunter bucks. I've spent 94 gold and about 5 million bucks to purchase and fully upgrade the Spur, Cog, and Oxford. 20/40 in the hunter series is awesome, mix of animals with over lapping and almost constant walking.....fun fun

For those of you that play the game for free and haven't been able to afford the luxury of having inferred with a quick fire rate rifle, the Cog is pretty sweet and worth the 94 gold. It doesn't require the visual delay of the bolt action rifles and the 1 sec fire rate is just quick enough to aim at heart/brains of the next target.

Same here (iPad) with a little correction. The Cog is offered for 91 gold coins. I also got it. This will be my first semiautomatic rifle. I am anxious to try it fully upgraded.
  • Options
    pistoff wrote: »
    Doesn't seem very fair that some users get offered the rifle for 650 gold and some get it for less than 100. Can anyone from glu explain why that is?

I fully understand your point of view. If I knew that I could get the Cog for such a convenient price, I would not have bought the Spur (and spent more than a million bucks). But fairness is always a tricky word .... Is it fair that Android users cant get and use gold in a way that iOS users can't?
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I was also offered the rifle for 91 gold. I snagged it up because of the semi auto feature. It should be fun to use once fully upgraded. I just need energy now to continue. I'm at 9/40 and only have the last trophy hunt. I'm going to save my gold and just wait for energy refills. This region looks like it maybe fun. Nice going so far Glu!!!
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Thank goodness the Pachyderm is not the only shotgun for Region 10.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I got offered the cog at 9/40 for 185 gold. Not sure why there is differences between users in the price.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    I was also offered the rifle for 91 gold. I snagged it up because of the semi auto feature. It should be fun to use once fully upgraded. I just need energy now to continue. I'm at 9/40 and only have the last trophy hunt. I'm going to save my gold and just wait for energy refills. This region looks like it maybe fun. Nice going so far Glu!!!

So far I've skipped doing the trophy hunts, unless someone calls out the availability of region 11??? Almost done with the 40 hunts which have been pretty consistent with the multiple different animals, animals behind objects or each other, extreme distances, faster pace of attacking animals, and the polar bears seemed to stand a bit closer when they reach you. You will definitely rack up some heart, lung, brain shots in the region 10 hunt series.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options

I am now at 20/40 (the last 10 with the Cog fully upgraded) and had to stop because my energy emptied. Man! It is just un-be-lie-va-ble. I am getting 3/3 heart shots in hunts that only ask you to kill 3 given animals (without any particular organ shot needed). Now I understand the fun that experienced in previous regions people who could spend gold without remorse and buy semiautomatic rifles/shotguns ....
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Any word on when this region will launch for Facebook?
    Facebook player
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I got offered the cog at 9/40 for 185 gold. Not sure why there is differences between users in the price.

That does seem odd. I'm on IOS and got it for 91 gold. I believe you said you were on IOS also.

Glu any ideas?
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I'm on iOS and only got the "one time offer" of 650! :(
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    That does seem odd. I'm on IOS and got it for 91 gold. I believe you said you were on IOS also.

Glu any ideas?

I am on iOS. Maybe it was higher because I was using the blitz rifle?
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    Was the 91 gold for cog thru the weapons store? If so I messed up and took the one time offer. Break it to me gently----if not than GLU need to address why there were different one time offers
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Wasn't. Offered rifle.real cheap less than 100 glu but would rather buy the shotgun thats available.pity its 650 glu as.that.would be useful to have in inventory!
    ( + )
  • Options
    Was the 91 gold for cog thru the weapons store? If so I messed up and took the one time offer. Break it to me gently----if not than GLU need to address why there were different one time offers

After a few of the hunt series I received notice of a special one time special offer, clicked on it, and it brought me to the weapons store for the 93% off the cog special (91 gold), but no, I didn't enter the weapons store directly.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    DebDeb Registered Users 25 Posts
    I too, was given the one time offer of the Cog rifle at 50% off. Why didn't I get the 93% off deal? I play on an iPhone 5S.
  • Options

Mine was a one time offer.
  • Options
    Deb wrote: »
    I too, was given the one time offer of the Cog rifle at 50% off. Why didn't I get the 93% off deal? I play on an iPhone 5S.

Not sure, but for info purposes, I am playing on an iPad, hunted with the Rohman K.R., had the Headsman pistol (not elite), and the Fang pistol- not sure if any of that makes a difference though.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    I like the detail of "The Broken King", GLU should have more differences like this for the regular hunts...
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    The backstory adds to the hunts but more stalking in trophy hunts would be better this was improved over previous trophy hunts
    ( + )
  • Options
    Hill directly in front of you with wolves attacking you from the sides, yes that is fun. Huge groups of Elk running around and at you in all directions...my assault rifle thanks you. Nice work Glu!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Better still the force shotgun that's a force to be reckoned with rambo would be proud and the reload is pretty close to sports drink reload speeds! Liking glacier bay welcome addition to the hunting ground glad were not restricted to pacyderm shotgun much as I like the side by side slow reload and limited capacity curtail the fun
    ( + )
  • Options
    SubH2O wrote: »
    Thank goodness the Pachyderm is not the only shotgun for Region 10.

Region 10 spoils us shotgun fans with choice of 3 have to say the force is the pick of the bunch
    ( + )