Options

Brain shots only working with infrared (facebook)?

blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
So I never seem to get brain shots without the infrared, even though I know exactly where the brain is on most animals after all these reps. So in an elephant predator hunt, I centered the shot on the brain and turned the infrared off and fired. In all three times, I only was credited for a head shot. I even get accidental eye shots from time to time, but never have gotten a brain shot without the infrared turned on. Anyone else experience this?
Facebook player

Comments

• Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    It's like that on my iPhone as well. I think the game is designed to only allow a brain shot with the infrared on. Hope this helps.
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Thanks. For a while, I figured it was user error, but after three pointblank elephants standing still, I'm becoming certain you can't get them incidentally any longer (at least not on Facebook).
    Facebook player
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    blue ridge wrote: »
    Thanks. For a while, I figured it was user error, but after three pointblank elephants standing still, I'm becoming certain you can't get them incidentally any longer (at least not on Facebook).

I'll second that, not that you needed it, but yes, inferred must be used for brain shots in my experience as well ( with the exception of the attacking animals).
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I've only ever scored head shots without infared on android the only exception attacking prey where organs are displayed as the prey leap to attack so brains taking a while to tick off 184 of 250 goal so far glad the prey are not emu's that would take a very skilled brainshot!
    ( + )