Is There Any Use For The Crossbow?

casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
I play the IOS version on my iPad and am waiting something new since I have done everything already (region 10, spring event (yawn), open season (another yawn)). So I downloaded the game on my iPhone 4s to restart. I am now on region 5 and hidden region 1 slogging through the hunts to get cash and platinum eagles for region 6.

I have found that once you pimp your Westin Bullseye to maximum to finish Hidden Region 1, the crossbow is totally worthless since the power difference is not that great and the reload time is so slow. Has anyone found a good reason to use it? I have not yet found a need to use the Barton Hawk or to do any of the upgrades.
Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.

Comments

• beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    ...the crossbow WAS needed to finish the crossbow series in order to get all the map pieces for the lost temple... as you already have gotten to the lost temple i would assume you do own the crossbow and have it upgraded to a certain extent...? (this might have changed) -- if you're asking if you should upgrade / max out the crossbow that would be hard to say... it may be required sometime in the future, same as the barton... many players are waiting with the upgrades right now as we don't know what exactly will be required.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Yes, it was needed to complete the crossbow series...I finished that. I was wondering if anyone found a need for it after that.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    No, at least not as far as we know at this point.
    Facebook player
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I used the crossbow to play the hunting series in region 5, and most of region 6. Just have a qualified rifle in the secondary slot. I also used the Barton bow (fully upgraded) to complete region 7, using my rifle only for trophy hunts. Key is to experiment with your new bows, you'd be surprised at what they can take down without raising the alert level.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    you'd be surprised at what they can take down without raising the alert level.

My thoughts exactly, but the power rating is very low, so it doesnt stand up on higher lvl regions.
    I tried using it in open season, with the event gun as my secondary, and it was fun, but as we all know there wasnt much trying out new things before I had completed them all
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    I have used the crossbow for many contract and rare hunts in regions 1-5. It is a great change of pace and very valuable when you don't want to spook multiple targets.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    For me the crossbow was similar to the function of a rifle, so at first I liked it more because it functioned like what I was used to and basically became another cool weapon like getting a new rifle with different 'bullets'. Then I started to like the bows because they kept the advantage of using open sights. So to answer your question, no I haven't found a use for the crossbow after the crossbow series, but I do like having it as an option to shoot with like all of my other weapons that have a lower rating than my highest powered weapon.-plus the crossbow just looks really cool and so does spinning arrows.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Cross bow useful for getting your hunter killed due to pedestrian reload rate still think throwing knives or a pistol crossbow would be good 2nd loadout to add to hidden region hopefully with faster rates of firing bolts or throwing knives
    ( + )
  • don1923don1923 Registered Users 46 Posts
    I upgraded bows as required to hu t but placed them as second weapon and used the assault rifle on all the hunts.
    Contract hunts shotgun and assault rifle only loadout you'll need bows and xbows fun upto standard region 6 after that they wound more than kill...and double tapping prey sucks
    ( + )
  • IamnotwhatyouthinkIamnotwhatyouthink Registered Users 10 Posts
    i dont know, its just for crossbow series.http://ggnbb.glu.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png
  • GRUMPY63GRUMPY63 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Like you I have done it all So I started over again, this time I used the cross bow , and the pistol only, If you think your good ? try it. It's hard! GRUMPY 63
    Still doing bounties neck shots prefer bows over xbow personally for better rate of fire
    ( + )