Preparing for special events

LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
I'm thinking about purchasing all of the assault rifles and pistols in the weapon shop, and fully upgrading them all with hunter bucks. Just in case there needed for any upcoming special events. It appears that I have more hunter bucks than I'll ever need, as is the case with many of us. In waiting for the event, we lose the opportunity to upgrade with hunter bucks. It should only cost a couple million hunter bucks. I can make that up in 2 days.

I have only been playing long enough to participate in the spring breakout events and the open season events, and if I had already owned and upgraded these required weapons, I would have a lot more platinum eagles!

Has there been any events in the past that required a different type of weapon other than assault rifles and pistols?

I thought this would give me something to do while awaiting the next region, and give me the opportunity to spend some otherwise useless hunter bucks. I don't see a hunter bucks for gold or plats exchange in our future.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I came to the same conclusion when I forgot to upgrade my Nagano pistol. I won the pistol months ago and never upgraded it.

You might also want to buy the shotguns and rifles. We have had those events in the past. I have way more cash than I will ever spend. Might as well spend it on the off chance the weapons will be used in the future.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Usually the specials employ guns that are gold purchase only or have been prizes in previous specials. The 2 guns in the current one were given away as prizes in the Christmas hunts back in December. At least another 2 of these 6 prize guns have been in other special events, too and I don't think they're available to buy at all....??

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?90250-Screenshots
  • Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    I own every rifle, assault rifle, shot gun, and pistol that can be purchased with hunter cash and they are all fully upgraded. Thanks to region 10 I am almost at 45 million hunter bucks. I missed out on the assault rifle for this last open hunt but I had more than enough gold bars to cover the cost. Go ahead and buy the guns, even if you never use them. It helps get rid of your hunter cash you would probably never otherwise spend.
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    I have also just started playing recently enough that the spring outbreak were my first events, but I saw a couple just before they expired which is when I came to the forums to learn what they were...

It seems you guys have been here a while since pistoff and eli were on that thread in january... the screenshots in that thread (pistoff's link) shows a green gift box on top of nils screen, what is that? he said he used iPad and I am on iPhone so I my thoughts of it being a facebook or android thing were proved wrong, what was that? something they got rid of?

Oh and I bought all guns that cost bucks, not upgraded most guns at all yet, an only have enough for the next region whenever it comes out (2.5 mil) and I have stopped playing daily, just check in before I go to the other games I recently downloaded and already hate
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • mdjdmdjd Banned Users 33 Posts
    suggestion is to find a job and stop wasting your youth on games, period.
    mdjd wrote: »

Why do you care how people spend their free time?
  • LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    mdjd wrote: »

I'm self employed, and quite comfortable, and spent my youth traveling this beautiful world and experiencing all it has has to offer my simple minded co-hunter

My youth, as well as your ability to express cognitive thinking( you can look that up on line) are long gone
  • beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Usually the specials employ guns that are gold purchase only or have been prizes in previous specials.

...yep! the event guns were mostly gold guns as far as i remember (sometimes 'mixed' like the winter events were the lower level gun could be bought with green bucks but the higher one was gold)... if you hadn't won the gun it was normally gold...

so are we going to buy all gold guns available now...? just in case...?

;-)
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    I own every rifle, assault rifle, shot gun, and pistol that can be purchased with hunter cash and they are all fully upgraded. Thanks to region 10 I am almost at 45 million hunter bucks. I missed out on the assault rifle for this last open hunt but I had more than enough gold bars to cover the cost. Go ahead and buy the guns, even if you never use them. It helps get rid of your hunter cash you would probably never otherwise spend.

Same here. Just in case, better to have all of them fully upgraded than not, specially if after doing that you still are sitting on a pile of millions of hunter bucks.
    beerhunter wrote: »
    so are we going to buy all gold guns available now...? just in case...?

;-)

I would do it, just in case, if I had enough gold bars. But I do not have ....
    I am just buying all of the cash guns. I do have enough to buy most of the gold guns but I am going to wait on that. I have gotten more gold this month than I have in the previous 6 months of playing this game.
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I have gotten more gold this month than I have in the previous 6 months of playing this game.

...don't scream this out too loud as menipo is around and is going to feel miserable again... ;-)

personally i also feel it isn't fair that u.s. seems to be getting more ads/gold than other parts of the world, guess this is controlled by the fact where advertisers want to spend and seems legit they assume more turnover at home than 'out in nowhere'... tough but true.
    ...don't scream this out too loud as menipo is around and is going to feel miserable again... ;-)

personally i also feel it isn't fair that u.s. seems to be getting more ads/gold than other parts of the world, guess this is controlled by the fact where advertisers want to spend and seems legit they assume more turnover at home than 'out in nowhere'... tough but true.

Man, you took the words out of my mouth! :)
    ...of course, if you were, say kmart or olivegarden, you wouldn't spend a single dime outside the u.s. ...be a complete waste. -- just about very little you can do about that.
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Glu weapons required for events are offered cheaper 3rd hunt in to event my advice wait for the event
    ( + )
    I've only been playing for about a month now. If this has been a particularly good month for free gold and not the norm, I think I'll hold off on stockpiling the gold only guns for now and see what next month brings. I've been a very busy gold digger this month!!!
  • Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    I'm with sheppeck, i have received more gold recently than ever before.... Just yesterday I got 92 gold bars alone. Hopefully soon companies will spend to advertise in your neck of the woods so you can enjoy the same benefits as we do in the states.
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
    ...los, keep minin' and keep them nuggets 'round in a safe hole... gonna need 'em...

eli, we sure hope so but it's not gonna happen... running your business, would YOU advertise somewhere where you haven't got a store? building corporate identity?

menipo, check private messages.
    You have to put your money where you know your going to get a good return, and in America, we'll buy anything!!!
    I keep getting the Olive Garden ad and the closest store to me is about 3000 miles away.
  • possumpossum Registered Users 38 Posts
    There are half a dozen olive gardens within 100 miles of me and I do not get any on this game...have to go to another glu game to get it...
    ...los, keep minin' and keep them nuggets 'round in a safe hole... gonna need 'em...

eli, we sure hope so but it's not gonna happen... running your business, would YOU advertise somewhere where you haven't got a store? building corporate identity?

menipo, check private messages.

I did. Tks BH. Check yours.
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    possum wrote: »
    have to go to another glu game to get it...
    Does gold transfer over? I dont have any other glu games.

Also, menipo, maybe there is a way you can trick the game by changing time zone or location on your phone or facebook... I dont know of any but it couldnt hurt to play around and let others know if you find any way to... as for me I am happily in the U.S. and just ate at olive garden the other day lol
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board