Options

scout rifle vs assault rifle

straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
If you could only equip one weapon for a hunt would you pick rate of fire and 20+ round capacity or a simple lightweight bolt action rifle with potential for greater accuracy at longer range? I know which I would pick but what's your preference for any scenario that crops up in dh2014?
( + )

Comments

• Options
    beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    ...just said it over in another post; get yourself the r300 and you'll need/want no other... (and give us 21 more posts)...
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    If you could only equip one weapon for a hunt would you pick rate of fire and 20+ round capacity or a simple lightweight bolt action rifle with potential for greater accuracy at longer range? I know which I would pick but what's your preference for any scenario that crops up in dh2014?

It's all about inferred. Rifle with inferred over AR without, if I had to pick one to complete the game most easily. I can only think of a few hunts where the lesser fire rate of a rifle was an issue of running out of time, but there were plenty of times the heart/brain shot without inferred would have taken lots of tries.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    I always use the assault rifle. The only use the scout on the trophy hunts as it is required......
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    yea I prefer the AR but as david said I cannot get brain shots without infrared..

Crossbow could be best too
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    I added the infrared on my AR
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    I added the infrared on my AR

I havent really upgraded any of my guns except what was required lol
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    I bit the bullet & put I.r on my ar perfect compromise
    ( + )
  • Options
    I bit the bullet & put I.r on my ar perfect compromise

DO you still stink the rifle is better?
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    Does the assault rifle scope with IR have zoom capability?
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Los wrote: »
    Does the assault rifle scope with IR have zoom capability?

My region 10 AR with infrared has a 22X zoom capability.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Starts at 8 and goe's upto x22 same as sheppeck I've two I.R equipped ar's still can't help wishing full auto was an option instead of semi auto rate of fire
    ( + )
  • Options
    brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    My region 10 AR with infrared has a 22X zoom capability.

Yep me too. With this ar region 10 with infra red I feel a lot certain in any precision shooting target. In companion with dixon snare of hidden region 2 to keep calm other animal, but don't used it above region 6 standad, it just don't kill.
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet
  • Options
    Like the new magazine cylinder approach to crossbows too!
    ( + )
  • Options
    GatormanGatorman Registered Users 12 Posts
    I use the AR for everything, ducks, geese. Quails etc....
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with the accuracy of the AR. I like when I get the black bear predator hunt and the bear is way out there. I can get a heart shot almost every time with just the red dot at 8x zoom. I'm still gonna buy the new region gold rifle so I can give a fair assessment on this debate, I have never had enough gold to purchase one but this time around I'm stocked and ready to unload!
  • Options
    I'm hoping to try out award ar region 11 see how it compares but I would like twin drum mags to swing it ;)
    ( + )
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I don't have a problem with the accuracy of the AR. I like when I get the black bear predator hunt and the bear is way out there. I can get a heart shot almost every time with just the red dot at 8x zoom. I'm still gonna buy the new region gold rifle so I can give a fair assessment on this debate, I have never had enough gold to purchase one but this time around I'm stocked and ready to unload!

Make sure you wait for the one time offer on the gold rifle. I bought the region 9 and 10 gold rifles at a very cheap price. I think both of the offers came after the third hunt in the new region.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Thanks Shep. That's usually when I buy it as well. I wanna buy the 2,800 gold bar rifle on the next region. I have a lot of time to debate this because once I'm done with the trophy and regional hunts I never use the rifle again. That's a lot of gold to spend for that. But these fellow hunting gentlemen have convinced me it's well worth it!