Have you really gone hunting?

Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
I for one have never gone, actually I've never fired a gun stronger than a bee bee gun! Would like to see who has gone, what game did you come home with and do you have any pictures??
:cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
Prev1

Comments

• deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    I've shot duck pheasant pigeon crows rabbits and deer would love to go on a boar hunt
  • Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    I've shot duck pheasant pigeon crows rabbits and deer would love to go on a boar hunt

My buddy has shot a few boars, up in the hills not too far from where I live too! I have to go with him next time. We were suppose to go to the shooting range but we just can't seem to make our schedules work together.....
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    I joined a local club good way to meet like minded individuals
  • ReginoldReginold Registered Users 35 Posts
    I've hunted many times but not recently. Deer, Goose, Duck, Pheasant and Small game. For you non-hunters, Trust me the guns you actually go hunting with are more like the shotguns and rifles in regions 1-2. Not the upper regions or the Pistols and assault rifles you see. But still fun for the game. Maybe the Region 10 Westin spur rifle also.
    Android - Galaxy S3
    At least not in Minnesota.
    Android - Galaxy S3
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    lol, I was gonna say, here in florida people will use all kinds of guns lol... or at least my friends do!
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    When I was in my teens my dad would take me deer hunting. I have shot 3 deers.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
    Sheppeck, What kind of hunting happens in Hawaii?
    Android - Galaxy S3
    I grew up in Pennsylvania. And I have never gone hunting here in Hawaii. But people do go pig hunting here.
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    When I was in my teens my dad would take me deer hunting. I have shot 3 deers.

thats more than me :( I have only shot 2

I go to the range alot though. maybe its time I take another trip hehe
    Choice Dude on Board
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    I have shot 3 deers.
    You have spent way to much time on DH lol

I have shot deer with bow, rifle, and shotgun. Pheasant, rabbit, duck, squirrel with shotgun and .22. I go to the range almost every weekend with my 7yr old grand daughter to shoot her AR15-22 and Baretta .22 and my Dan Wesson PM9 9mm.
    Say What??
    I haven't shot a gun in years. Not to many ranges here in Hawaii. And when I was in the navy we would just shoot once a year to keep our gun qualifications up to date. When I was growing up I would go shooting all of the time. Since I lived out in the country.
  • SautnerSautner Registered Users 10 Posts
    I haven't shot a gun in years. Not to many ranges here in Hawaii. And when I was in the navy we would just shoot once a year to keep our gun qualifications up to date. When I was growing up I would go shooting all of the time. Since I lived out in the country.

I have gone small game hunting a lot. I got geese, ducks, rabbits, pheasants, squirrels, partridge, and quail with a shotgun. I also got bucks and does with a shotgun and rifle and bow. I did get one bull elk with a bow in Montana. Everything else was in New Jersey or Pennsylvania.
  • 0f W0lves0f W0lves Registered Users 18 Posts
    Only been deer huntin.
    Thanks for replying gentlemen. Any funny stories you'd like to share about hunting?
    Thanks for replying gentlemen. Any funny stories you'd like to share about hunting?
    I puked the first time I helped gut a deer. That really is a gross job.
  • SautnerSautner Registered Users 10 Posts
    I was bow hunting for deer one afternoon, early evening and had a black bear try to climb the tree I was hunting from twice. Not once but twice. It's funny now but not then.
    Me and my friend were out hunting and he had never shot a deer before. So he was really excited and he put his eye to close to the scope on his rifle. And when he fired the scope left a ****** circle around his eye. It didn't cut deep and he wasn't really hurt.
    Sautner wrote: »
    I was bow hunting for deer one afternoon, early evening and had a black bear try to climb the tree I was hunting from twice. Not once but twice. It's funny now but not then.

lol, my brother fell out of his tree first and only time I ever went hunting.. his gun went off when he hit the ground and shot his calf... like you said it wast funny at the time, but luckily it was the last day we were there and it wasnt as bad as it couldve been. we have since made many jokes at his expense.

That same trip I shot a deer and it jumped over a fence into private property, I could see where it finally fell, but the owners are very strict about tresspassing so I had to leave it :(

@Sheppeck, dont you know you are supposed to drink the blood of the first deer you kill :)
    Choice Dude on Board
  • BeekerBeeker Registered Users 57 Posts
    Deer and rabbit
    @ DJ did you drink the blood of your first kill? I thought that was only in the movies that people did that. Lol
    yea, everyone one I was with jokingly insisted that I did. and even though I knew they were joking I did. :)
    Choice Dude on Board
    you want to see something awesome, google "dewalt nail gun"
    Choice Dude on Board
  • 0f W0lves0f W0lves Registered Users 18 Posts
    That nail gun is just silly. Buy a real one.

I didnt drink any blood, but i had my face shoved into a deer's chest while gutting it on my first kill, lol.
    Drink blood of your first deer killed? Uh, looks like I won't ever be going hunting lol
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    I have been duck, and deer hunting one time. The only thing we got was a cold.

In 1993, I bought a Colt 1991A1 for home protection and target shooting. I would shoot that a few times a month for practice. After a few years I bought a Chinese SKS and did same. I slowly gave up golf, spending more time at the range, and adding to my collection over the next several years. I became a regular at the local range, and met some really nice people, some of which became life long friends. I was shooting 2-3 times a week at around 2500 rounds per month. Over the years I bought, shot, and sold several different guns, many of which I reloaded for:

Colt 1991A1 .45 Auto

Chinese SKS 7.62x39

Colt Anaconda .44 mag

Colt Gold Cup .45 Auto

Glock G30 SC .45 Auto

Yugo SKS 7.62x39

Colt LW Target .223

Beretta U22 Neso .22 complete piece of ****

HK FS Auto .45

Marlin 917V Target .17 HMR

Auto-Ordinance T1 .45 Auto Tommy gun

Ruger GP100 .347 mag

Ruger Redhawk .44 mag

HK USP Compact .40

Kimber Raptor II .45 Auto

Sig 556 5.56/.223

Ruger Hunter III .22

There were some others I can’t recall right now. My favorites were: Marlin 917V, Ruger .44 mag, HK USP, Sig 556, and my Kimber Raptor II, which is also my avatar.

Cheers

Sunny

Drink more beer. :cool:
    Wow!!! That is a lot if guns.
    I know I have shot an SKS and an HK but I dont know much about them they were my friends... never a ruger, that is one I have been dying to shoot.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I have hunted deer, moose, bear and boar. Only trophy is a 14 point buck! I've have shot at moose and bear but missed. Also have hunted various small game, but never foxes! Lol !
    Remington 30.06 bolt action w/tricon scope
    Excalibur crossbow
    Oneida eagle compound bow
    Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun
    Smith& Wesson 9mm.
    Remington 22 cal. Varmit rifle
    And a modified shotgun for well....you know
    And all the latest and greatest fly fishing and trout and salmon fishing gear I can get my hands on! :) T.F
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • BrianKBrianK Registered Users 3 Posts
    Just started hunting last year @ 47 years old. A friend gave me some Venison to taste since I had never had it.
    6 hours later I bought a Ruger American 30-06 and signed up for a hunter safety course. By the time I was finished with the hunter safety course and the 10 day waiting period to buy firearms here in Kalifornia, over the counter deer tags were sold out. :(

A week later, I bought an over the counter Bear tag. Just 2 days later, harvested a 320lb 6' Black Bear on Shasta Lake.

1403258_654830681214011_700108300_o.jpg