Strange Shiny Stone in Isle of Thule

muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the big black stone with the shiny face and the runes on it is all about in the Isle of Thule? What is its relationship to hunting or the game? It's kind of weird just sitting there.

Comments

• Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    well it is either rocks covered with snow, obvious for an icy cold island, or just graphical additives. Nevertheless, you could find silvery-white rocks on particular shores and they are due usually to some inorganic minerals.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    It looks a bit like The Creature From The Black Lagoon. Or, maybe from Greek mythology of some sort.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    actually, and I might be wrong, but I think it has something to do with Norse Mythology because all of the names of the trophies in Thule are named in reference to it... although I cant quite Identify the symbols on the stone :(... I wish glu could explain those carvings lol
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
    ^^^That's better than my guess.

Here is a Norsk Draugr. Bad hair day.

308655-mythical-creatures-draugr-illustration.jpg
    if you do a google image search for norse mythology stone, there are dozens of them that look somewhat similar, but then you cant compare any and say it is the actual stone.
    Choice Dude on Board
    stole this from the ol sneak peek page so we can all look at a good shot of it, and finally figure it out... it looks like 2 deer or something to me

8ed1i4B.jpg
    Choice Dude on Board
  • streplesstreples Registered Users 85 Posts
    i think there will be flying alien deer event soon...twin alien deers wanna beat santas deer :P
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    It means they are coming for us, soon.... Ha! J.k. :)
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    Norsk mythology??? The Greeks discovered Thule...Greek mythology?............Not. Definitely a knock off, of The Creature From The Black Lagoon.

Annex+-+Chapman%252C+Ben+%2528Creature+From+the+Black+Lagoon%2529_NRFPT_20.jpg
  • vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    Those two deer on the rock have lizard tails. Mutants? Do they portend a new species of half deer / half salamanders?
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    If you look at the front bottom side of the left "salamander deer", you see a third deer looking at you, and there seems to be an "eye" on the right deer's front shoulder that kind of looks like an elephant. We have two towering deer with tails looking into the arch (or maybe at a mountain?); one deer looking in the opposite direction, and the left deer tail goes through a circle and connects to the right deer. So I would say it's about looking into something and going through it?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    The stone makes no sense, but I am sure the pictures hold a clue to explaining it. They look like Egyptian hieroglyphics to me, or maybe Masonic signs.