The Desperado........

Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
Did anyone buy it?
:cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
Prev13

Comments

• casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    At 2800 gold? No way. I seldom have any more than 200. Looks like the Westin Spur.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    No, I will wait until sale... But also, can someone that has the r300 tell me if it is region 10-11 now?
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I was thinking about buying it. But decided not to buy it. 2800 gold is just to much to spend on 1 weapon. Even though I could easily afford the rifle. Did you buy it?
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    At 2800 gold? No way. I seldom have any more than 200. Looks like the Westin Spur.

I have enough to buy it but being as I've already completed the region I really have no use for it. I was going to buy it without hesitation as gold has been somewhat easy to accumulate but as of lately it's hit one heck of a dry spell so I may just save my gold.... But it's freakin tempting! Lol
    as gold has been somewhat easy to accumulate

Wish that was true here. 5 videos per week, no ads and I hate going through the tapjoy routine.
    That's crazy!!! Why so little? Are you on an apple device?
    I have like exactly 2800 so I won't get it, but it is the most appealing of the 3 new rifles, the venom looks like the a Arbiter, the fng looks like the vintage, but at least the desperado has a much cooler barrel than the spur
    Choice Dude on Board
    I also haven't been getting any vids, they seemed to really dry up when I stated using the tapjoy site... But I getting vids for energy, but when I go to the free gold there are no vids :(
    Choice Dude on Board
    I haven't seen the vids for energy. I still get about 20-25 videos a day. Sometimes more. It's the tapjoy that has dried out big time. And the sears/kmart adds don't come in every hour anymore. It's been slow.....
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I am up to 6810 gold. And I am still getting over 50 gold a day. Mostly because I really don't do that much gold hunting anymore.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
    Although Glu has an office here in China, I would assume that it is for software development or localization. It does not appear to have much revenue generation ability.

I saw they were looking for a head of "monetization". I assume that position is still open.
    Wow that's pretty freakin good Shep! I'd be somewhere in the 8,000 range had I not gone Dave Chappell and spent all that gold on the Memorial Day event. I'm at 5,700 right now. Still not bad. I am tempted to buy that sucker lol
    Are you on an apple device?

Yes, iPhone and iPad. Android has a huge market share here, so I guess that is where all the focus is.
    Although Glu has an office here in China, I would assume that it is for software development or localization. It does not appear to have much revenue generation ability.

I saw they were looking for a head of "monetization". I assume that position is still open.

I feel for you. Hopefully they can get some rewards kicked out to you. I've gotten tons of gold from downloading games, Im surprised they don't offer them there. Games have no limits to a country I would assume.

May I ask what you are doing in China if you are not Chinese?
    May I ask what you are doing in China if you are not Chinese?

Long story....

We came here 10 years ago on a 3 year expat assignment. Changed jobs, started new companies ever since. My kids really don't really remember living in the States any more.

We may go back in another year so my oldest daughter can finish high school there.
    Hehe, maybe you can ask menipo for tips, he wasn't getting many golds in his country until recently ;);)
    Choice Dude on Board
    Long story....

We came here 10 years ago on a 3 year expat assignment. Changed jobs, started new companies ever since. My kids really don't really remember living in the States any more.

We may go back in another year so my oldest daughter can finish high school there.

Very intersting. Thanks for responding. I've never been outside of the US except for the few times I went down to Mexico as a teen. Couldn't imagine living away from family. I have a big family, 3 brothers and 5 sister, well 4 now, one passed away 3 years ago.

Id love to see some pics from the city you're in. Foreign countries really peak my interest.
    Id love to see some pics from the city you're in. Foreign countries really peak my interest.

I've lived in both Shanghai and Beijing. There are plenty of pictures to be seen of both, not that I am trying to duck your request.

The thing about China is its immense scale. Shanghai has 22 million people. Beijing has 20M. It is simply too big and has too many people. We work with several European companies. Someone asked how big Helsinki was. The response was 0.5 million. The Chinese thought that it was a village.

I think we going off topic though....
    Haha, that is both off topic and very funny. Yea china really is a different world, I spent about a week there with a frind of mine who was living in America in a boarding school. I felt very out of place but I also loved it there.. I want to go back one day, but for much longer, it is such a huge country with a lot of history
    Choice Dude on Board
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    it is such a huge country with a lot of history

Yeah, but sometimes my jaded expat response is "5000 years of history and this is all you have to show for it?"
    Ha ha yes way off topic, but interesting nonetheless :)
    Haha, yea they don't really think outside of the box in my opinion, but that probably is because of how important tradition is over there (or at least for what I saw)

They have had a lot of great empires and other great discoveries, plus they are very smart.

God America owes them a lot of money lol
    Choice Dude on Board
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    No, I will wait until sale... But also, can someone that has the r300 tell me if it is region 10-11 now?
    yep mine says 10-11 completed all hunts and trophys with it pity I had to upgrade scope I liked the smaller magnification best suited the quick snap shooting of the rifle deserado next on the wish list but will it ever go on sale or dissappear like r300 did?
    ( + )
    Wish I knew how to post photos.....Looks like you need HTML and an photo depository. No way to upload?
  • beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    the desperado is a great gun, i'm using it on the contract hunts and it replaces everything else... you can use it open-sighted like the shotgun on gaurs, get some hearts on the cheetahs etc. no need to ever switch guns again... although i like the gauge too...

did anybody notice that somehow the barton mk vii and the dixon snare bows got mixed up showing the other name/picture now...?
  • beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts

yes, the r300 shows r10-11 now.
    The thing about China is its immense scale.
    For example

Off season, mid week. Great Wall we brought the dog.

http://postimg.org/image/xrqhs36nx/

National holiday, don't even think about it.

http://postimg.org/image/ky6i0sv1n/
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    And I thought London underground packed em in like sardines during rush hour!
    You have no idea....
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    And they produce MG cars in China!