Options

Halloween Event Extended - Hmm

So the pressure to complete the event has come and gone - but Glu apparently did not make enough bucks (or coin) and the event is extended in all three zones? Really?:cool:

Comments

• Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    That whole timed thing was b.s ! I don't think they're in a position to give us a set time limit on anything! Correct me if I'm wrong, but Glu is not sitting very well with a lot of forum members. Especially with Dino hunter. Nice 8 pointer 2far!! :cool:
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    That whole timed thing was b.s ! I don't think they're in a position to give us a set time limit on anything! Correct me if I'm wrong, but Glu is not sitting very well with a lot of forum members. Especially with Dino hunter. Nice 8 pointer 2far!! :cool:

I was also surprised when I saw that the Halloween hunts had been reopened in the three regions for another 9 days. And also thought that the first attempt by GLU to force people to complete the events (do it now or you will not be able to do it never) ... had been a fiasco.

GLU started with Dino hunter a "charge for everything" path that is now applying to DH 2014. At Dino hunter, the first step was to charge outrageous prices for the exotics. But since they were not needed to progress, everyone shut up. But now in order to get the pieces of the map for the next region buying the exotics is unavoidable ... The complaints and the noise created must have been enormous because GLU has promised that no hunter will be left behind (there will be other ways to get the pieces). Let's see. I will become a believer when I see how.

And GLU is applying a similar approach (not the same) to DH 2014 now. Buying the 3 weapons of the Halloween event required some 700 golds (just to get some plats and an useless bow for those who have already completed HR 2 and 3). You said that DH 2014 is coming to an end, that this might be the last Halloween event, and you convinced me. I bought the 3 Halloween event guns and spend a good part of my piggy bank; I am not sure if I did the right thing (do not take me wrong, I am not blaming you as it was my decision). Now the Order of the Volgestag event is announced. I bet that another 700 golds will be required to buy the three weapons and the reward will be another bunch of plats ..... I am not sure if this time I will apply the same reasoning (let's burn the money because it will be worthless soon) ... I will save the gold to buy gold weapons of R15. It will be probably the end of the game.
  • Options
    GAMESLAYERGAMESLAYER Registered Users 92 Posts
    They can keep their exotic weapons and events that cost gold. Put them where the sun don't shine. I'm not spending a penny on this game.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    GAMESLAYER wrote: »
    They can keep their exotic weapons and events that cost gold. Put them where the sun don't shine. I'm not spending a penny on this game.
    Good thing not everyone thinks this way as the game would not be around for long...JMO
    Say What??
  • Options
    Very true Tdub, penny pinchers need to find another game. "Candy crush " perhaps? I heard those graphics are awesome! Or maybe a PS4 or Xbox game..oh wait, those cost money and no additional content. JMO
  • Options
    2fargone2care2fargone2care Registered Users 185 Posts
    Very true Tdub, penny pinchers need to find another game. "Candy crush " perhaps? I heard those graphics are awesome! Or maybe a PS4 or Xbox game..oh wait, those cost money and no additional content. JMO
    l

But wait!!! I have played through all regions on two accounts without spending a dime - granted I don't play the events - but what is the point of the events other than to burn cash - the game is still fun for me - so much so that I restarted with another FB account just to see if I could make it :cool::cool: - am a little stuck on region 11 where I needed the tons of HB - but oh well - will just keep playing
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Everyone shouldn't be expected to spend money on the game, and no one here should take a holier than thou approach to those who don't. It is a free game with purchasable options. That is how the game launched, and that's how DH2014 has been. Since the "No hunter left behind" notice, I'm assuming they intend to keep it this way. I will buy the occasional exotics that seem fun enough to be worth it for contract hunts, but not everybody has expendable income for a phone game. And you're right, Toddfox, there are a lot of free games out there. You mention Candy Crush, that free game generates a million dollars PER DAY. Not my cup of tea, but they are doing a sight better numbers than these hunting games. I think we're starting to squabble because we're bored with no new content. This region has stretched out so long I've stopped playing until something new pops up.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    You guys are right! And I apologize. I just happened to find a game that I enjoy and have no problem spending money on. I have worked hard and trained hard doing what I do. It's a very dangerous occupation. If the 2 games from Glu start getting stale for me I will stop and move on to some other game. I really do believe that Deer Hunter 2014 should come to a end only due to the size of the app. It's taking up a lot of storage space on my tablet, I only have 16 gb. But I am very curious to what they have planned for another deer hunter game.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    I also enjoy it very much. I went thru I believe was 10 regions before I spent any real cash on the game. Now I will spend a few $$ here and there to supplement my free gold if I need to. One thing I am hoping for is when DH15 comes out, we might be able to keep at least some of the bucks we have earned...or maybe make the next region an all cash/platinum option region that we the loyal might spend what we have earned...probably wishful thinking though.
    Say What??
  • Options
    That would be nice if we could somehow carry our gold over! Hunter bucks are easy to accumulate. And the platinum, who even knows if those will be used in the new came. They came later in DH. Someone said that the Glu game Gun Bros has a sequel, Gun Bros2. I wonder if you carried your gold over with that game? But if you have the gwallet that doesn't matter. I do not, they never added it for kindle even though it is android.
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    I have a 64 GB tablet. Instead of spending the pennies that I pinch on exotic weapons good for 10 hunts I prefer to save them to buy better real equipment. Probably a weird decision...
  • Options
    You guys are right! And I apologize. I just happened to find a game that I enjoy and have no problem spending money on. I have worked hard and trained hard doing what I do. It's a very dangerous occupation. If the 2 games from Glu start getting stale for me I will stop and move on to some other game. I really do believe that Deer Hunter 2014 should come to a end only due to the size of the app. It's taking up a lot of storage space on my tablet, I only have 16 gb. But I am very curious to what they have planned for another deer hunter game.
    I didn't mean to say I mind spending money - I just find that it's kinda of rush to have to wait until I have saved enough bucks to move on - I think 12 or 13 regions will be tough - but hey I can play while I am watching deer out my sun room
  • Options
    All right, stop rubbing it in! I usually see deer outside my kitchen window(faces the forest) but lately there has been to much coyote activity. Oh, I have to ask, do you have that "Mainah" accent? My favorite accent! Kinda like Boston, but different.
  • Options
    All right, stop rubbing it in! I usually see deer outside my kitchen window(faces the forest) but lately there has been to much coyote activity. Oh, I have to ask, do you have that "Mainah" accent? My favorite accent! Kinda like Boston, but different.

Yes I do! But not nearly as strong as my husband - and we are true Mainah's been here all our lives - 19 inches of snow though is making getting around in the woods tough - snowshoed out to my stand yesterday and couldn't see a **** thing with all the limbs hanging down - they'll be moving more next week