[UPDATED 11/25] Facebook users who lost game progress [PLEASE READ]

Comments

• michael_jmichael_j Registered Users 1 Posts
    How do we go about doing this? and does this start you over at level 35? or Can you keep what we have earned with the gold you gave us to " keep playing until this issue was properly taken care of? I have contacted customer care 2 days ago and have not heard anything back!
  • Dilligaf69Dilligaf69 Registered Users 9 Posts
    The game is a jioke and so is glu....i bought credits and nerver received them then I lost anogher 100 credits for no reason. I've lost hundreds of credits in the past 10 months. Glu doesnt do a **** thing..bunch of thieves!
  • Jasper735Jasper735 Registered Users 2 Posts
    why can't I get an answer when they asked me what I spent on this game? i sent them my facebook receipt now I haven't heard from you whats going on, you said they will give me back what I spent on deerhunter, hope Shac is not having this problem, I been waiting for a week for a response now come on GLU do your job dont let me sue you
  • tankedmale69tankedmale69 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I would like to know exactly WHY you must purchase the autumn weapons in order to complete the autumn hunts, when I have multiple weapons with greater power than what is required to complete the hunts??? It's a complete waste of gold, and cash that could be spent on upgrades to other weapons..
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I would like to know exactly WHY you must purchase the autumn weapons in order to complete the autumn hunts, when I have multiple weapons with greater power than what is required to complete the hunts??? It's a complete waste of gold, and cash that could be spent on upgrades to other weapons..

1. Because
    2. This is totally off topic [slap]
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • madbob73madbob73 Registered Users 4 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Hi All,

We completely understand your frustration. We forum admins have no visibility into your accounts though so there isn't anything we can do to further assist you beyond providing this code at this time. Please follow up individually with customer care following the instructions in the first post here:

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?97903-UPDATED-11-20-Facebook-not-saving-progress

They will be able to assist you further.

So I go there and it is no help. I sent in a ticket two weeks ago, got a pretty quick reply telling me I would receive further information in 5 working days. To this day, nothing. I tried using the SORRY code and am informed it has already been used. This is a total waste of my time.
  • newdiannenewdianne Registered Users 16 Posts
    I received the first 1000 glu credits with the code sorry. I read that I can get another 1000 by entering code supersorry. I tried this code to receive the extras but I get an error code stating the code has already been used. I tried the 2nd code multiple times but previously got a message stating code was incorrect. please help
    Hey all. We are now getting you a second code for an additional 1500 gold bars. Use SUPERSORRY.

We are trying to work with you as things progress. Please understand that we forum mods are only messengers.

I tried to use the code supersorry for the additional gold but it states I used it already. I did not use it, only the original sorry code. How can this be adjusted so that I can at least receive part of the gold I have previously purchased in the past
    I had surgery. was unable to get on line but for a brief time. I had to search through numberous pages to find the message about that.
    I just saw the message about the sorry code on the 24th. Never saw a code about additional gold til the 25th. please allow me to get these additional codes as I invested a lot of time and money in this game.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    1. Because
    2. This is totally off topic [slap]

Actually laughed out loud in real life for this one.
    newdianne wrote: »
    I just saw the message about the sorry code on the 24th. Never saw a code about additional gold til the 25th. please allow me to get these additional codes as I invested a lot of time and money in this game.

All you need to do is follow the instructions at the beginning of this thread. Customer Care will help you get back to where you were with currency.
  • Jake Antonio LizarragaJake Antonio Lizarraga Registered Users 13 Posts
    Oh how cool, the Game just Reset...Again. -_- I want another 2.5k Gold and possibly a Bonus 2.5k as well to compensate for it being the 2nd time it has happened if you would be so generous. Please don't take further action on my account though until you are 100% sure that ALL the issues are resolved. Thank you.
  • user_175user_175 Registered Users 20 Posts
    user_175 wrote: »
    gluadmin, the following points are still wide open:

i still think ppl deserve(!) DETAILS on how fb has "outages" which result in complete loss of paying customer data (never heard of such before, please quote/link the offical(!) fb statement?) AND why there are no other backups on glus own servers since you are the ones cashing in the -real- gamer money. how comes a company "outsources" all kind of progress saving to 100% in a game based on grinding and ingame currency? what about the danger of hacking etc.? do you ever verify gamers saves?? did you honestly think the scenario of a paying or even just adwatching gamer asking for progress restoration directly from you as the game company could never occur (on mobile plattforms!)???

>>> what kind of service level is glus goal?

im also still waiting for a logical explanation for why my g+ save was reverted to one several weeks older when there already have been newer(!) ones in the cloud. i said before that the 500 gold compensation and the honest statement that you are completly unable to restore ANYTHING healed the situation for me to a certain degree... but your handling of the fb "outage" disqualified glu again in a heartbeat. the game itself is well polished but this framework should hinder all players to invest real money for life. highly unprofessional.

why werent these problems patched/adressed ASAP when similar cases (problem with outsourced savings) occured first (g+, likely following fb problems) AND as i heard in other glu games as well?

setting ppl to lvl 35 comes across as a pityful attemt leading to very very uneven compensation depending on how far they actually have come and of course is ultimate proof that glu has absolutly no data of ppl saving their progress on g+ or fb.
    the 1k ingame gold compensation is a way more acceptable approach and doesnt quiet has the "silence 'em so that they can no longer complain about losing 'all' their levels" vibe. anyway if thats the BEST your team can come up with the responsible persons need to go.

what exactly will be the consequences you draw from this affair?

when will the save concept be reworked?

you didnt even answer my question before shutting down my thread, but for now ill report:
    saving "local" (?) data (no fb or g+) currently works ok for me.

always nice to be ignored...

at least answer on when! and how! (the answer can only be to get some OWN servers) these problems are going to be 100% AVOIDED in the future if you want users to keep playing instead of throwing out supersorrycodes...

this game has over 50.000.000 downloads even if just a split fraction of people actually watches some ads each day let alone invest money it generates at the very least several 100k each month. and thats all support we get? id personally choose not to be spokesperson for such a company if i were you but everyone has his own standards i guess.
    I cannot get the additional 1500 gold bars. It is not fair to put an expiration on it in such a short amount of time. We have been inconvenienced and you only let a couple days be open for this option. Totally not fair!!!
    I totally agree that more should be done about this technical problem. Also, don't give extra options and put a time limit of 48 hours later and you have to weed through days of posts to find out there is extra bonus codes.
  • nmshooternmshooter Registered Users 1 Posts
    Unlimited energy, for at least a short while would enable players to attempt to get back to where they were without having to spend 100s of hours waiting for energy refills. I dont think that would be too much to ask for. Many, including myself might be more inclined to continue playing if we were able to play an extended time trying to catch back up.
  • droid3389droid3389 Registered Users 11 Posts
    We are need "user myself backup" system. Glu do it
  • mgshadowmgshadow Registered Users 3 Posts
    I'm someone who altho not a lot of money spent but enough to feel ripped off especially when you have all the top weapons available fully upgraded and all you get back is the base model no upgrades. Hours spent playing and this is how you repay our efforts???
    Come on guys you can do better with reinstating what we have lost.
  • mgshadowmgshadow Registered Users 3 Posts
    Fellow Deer Hunters on Facebook,

There was a temporary outage in the backend drive where players’ progress
    was stored. This outage caused some Facebook players to lose their game progress.
    We are very sorry for this and have put measures in place to prevent it
    from happening in future.

The team has been able to update the game file but it will have players at level 35 with gold and cash to keep playing. If you were at a higher level, or have a history of purchases, please contact Customer Care directly and they will help you with your account.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have additional specific issues you'd like to address regarding your account, please follow up with Customer Care using the instructions here:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?97903-UPDATED-11-20-Facebook-not-saving-progress

Thank you for gaming with us.
    ---

This thread will remain open for discussion, but all other threads on this topic will be closed.

Well it has been 2 weeks since I first complained about my DH account on facebook being reset to the above settings and I asked for atleast my money and gold and silver back along with just the last firearms that I had. Also to have maps restored along with bounties completed. NONE of which has been reinstated along with no correspondence from Admin.
    If this is the service I'm going to get the future of Deer Hunter is going to be very short.

BE WARNED ALL FUTURE PLAYERS DON'T INVEST MONEY OR TIME IN THIS GAME AS IT CONTINUOUSLY CRASHES AND YOU LOOSE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE GAMED FOR AND WHEN ADMIN TRIES TO SET THINGS STRAIGHT THEY SEEM TO THINK 30% OF WHAT YU HAD IS GHOOD ENOUGH COMPENSATION.

THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION FROM ADMIN IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

GOODBYE DEER HUNTER THE PLEASURE WAS NOT MINE.
  • gman1126gman1126 Registered Users 5 Posts
    well its been a week and still cant hunt on facebook cant use the rifle because it freezes up on thermal so cant continue on trophy hunts only can use shot guns and assualt rifles if you cant fix i guess time to move on its a big disappointment since i was a level 65 and have to start all over
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    gman1126 wrote: »
    well its been a week and still cant hunt on facebook cant use the rifle because it freezes up on thermal so cant continue on trophy hunts only can use shot guns and assualt rifles if you cant fix i guess time to move on its a big disappointment since i was a level 65 and have to start all over

Did you try this fix for the infrared issue? http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?120119-Facebook-users-having-issues-with-INFRARED
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • ripper555ripper555 Registered Users 5 Posts
    yeahh same happen to me... agree with you ..
  • KirilKiril Registered Users 4 Posts
    No Admin is really required for this board. All you need is a bot program that automatically instructs people to contact customer service no matter what the concern is. Upon contacting customer service, or starting a ticket, your options are to be completely ignored, or provided with nearly no assistance or refund at all. (The sorry code worked for me, but the super sorry didn't...it was explained that after two days the code expired...as if they had no control over that). All I wanted was to get the gold I myself purchased...facebook is no help and glu is certainly no help. I have never experienced this level of poor customer service and incompetence. DON'T PLAY THIS GAME...
    Kiril wrote: »
    No Admin is really required for this board. All you need is a bot program that automatically instructs people to contact customer service no matter what the concern is. Upon contacting customer service, or starting a ticket, your options are to be completely ignored, or provided with nearly no assistance or refund at all. (The sorry code worked for me, but the super sorry didn't...it was explained that after two days the code expired...as if they had no control over that). All I wanted was to get the gold I myself purchased...facebook is no help and glu is certainly no help. I have never experienced this level of poor customer service and incompetence. DON'T PLAY THIS GAME...

If you continue to work with Customer Care through your email, they will help you with the currency issue. It was a holiday weekend- they worked through it- and are still catching up.
  • pasino57pasino57 Registered Users 1 Posts
    After the outage my telescope sight doesn't work anymore. I lost my progress and the money I spent and now I can't play anymore as the scope is out of order. What do I have to do?
    Please help me
  • pointles11pointles11 Registered Users 5 Posts
    iam done off to better things deer hunter 2014 customer care don't want to reply back its be 6 days leased they can do is reply back and tell me something even its sorry about your luck. and that also goes to glu nothing o well any game that has glu on it I wont be playing and I will tell all my friends to not play. if this is the way you do business I don't no how you can stay open. got to go see you............................................
  • amitnvermaamitnverma Registered Users 2 Posts
    Luckily I could get all the levels back with hefty for old coins in my account but unfortunately I lost all of them again after playing for a week.It's frustrating.If I would not get them back soon I would post this on my facebook and advertise so that people will stop playing this game with unstable codes etc..
    Note : I am playing the game from facebook (amitnverma@gmail.com)
  • Jake Antonio LizarragaJake Antonio Lizarraga Registered Users 13 Posts
    Oh how cool, the Game just Reset...Again. -_- I want another 2.5k Gold and possibly a Bonus 2.5k as well to compensate for it being the 2nd time it has happened if you would be so generous. Please don't take further action on my account though until you are 100% sure that ALL the issues are resolved. Thank you.
    Um hello? Solution please? I appreciate how hard your team is working but I'd really like some help.
    Um hello? Solution please? I appreciate how hard your team is working but I'd really like some help.

You'll need to follow up with Customer Care. We have no visibility into your account on the forums.