Nice! It's about time!

todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
I thought they'd never add them.

pn0yXtX.jpg
Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx

Comments

• JgoberynJgoberyn Registered Users 81 Posts
    Living in England, there are so few mammal species found here that when one of them turns up on the game it's quite exciting. This is only the fourth or fifth British species on the game, and it's one I've been hoping for for a while. The fallow deer introduced in HR5 is another. :)
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    One of the times I was in London and early one morning, when I looked out the window of the hotel (near Paddington Station), I saw one running down the street. I certainly was not expecting to see a fox there.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
    Yeah there's loads of foxes in London, I've had them making dens in my back garden before. And they're very bold, some will even take food straight from your hand (apparently, I've never tried). But apart from foxes, muntjacs, and badgers we just don't get any animals living anywhere near here. It's quite depressing tbh, I'm sure there are a lot more in China and Michigan. :/
    Somehow I don't think Great Britain would be a great choice for region 17. ;)
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    The name "Tod" is the Scottish and northern England name for fox.
    Jgoberyn wrote: »
    I'm sure there are a lot more in China and Michigan. :/

Actually, there is absolutely no wildlife in or around Beijing. Not even squirrels or rabbits. A few birds, mostly magpies. I think they all became dinner at one time or another.
    Yeah there's loads of foxes in London, I've had them making dens in my back garden before. And they're very bold, some will even take food straight from your hand (apparently, I've never tried). But apart from foxes, muntjacs, and badgers we just don't get any animals living anywhere near here. It's quite depressing tbh, I'm sure there are a lot more in China and Michigan. :/

2 weeks ago, at the end of my driveway. Beautiful animal, it helps that my house is surrounded by forest.
    @todfoxx. Yeah, I've always thought they're one of the nicest looking canids, very charismatic. Also, that encounter's not where your avatar picture came from is it? Or did you get that online? And yeah Tod is still used in Scotland, mostly for male foxes (females being vixens).
    @casajr. Tbh, living in any big city you're never likely to see many impressive animals, be it London, Beijing or anywhere else. The problem with the UK is that there aren't any very impressive animals in the countryside either, so to see spectacular stuff I've got to go abroad.
    I guess not too many creatures made the Channel swim or were around when the UK broke free of the Continent.
    @todfoxx. Yeah, I've always thought they're one of the nicest looking canids, very charismatic. Also, that encounter's not where your avatar picture came from is it? Or did you get that online? And yeah Tod is still used in Scotland, mostly for male foxes (females being vixens).
    @casajr. Tbh, living in any big city you're never likely to see many impressive animals, be it London, Beijing or anywhere else. The problem with the UK is that there aren't any very impressive animals in the countryside either, so to see spectacular stuff I've got to go abroad.

No, the avatar is a web pic, the one on my property slipped away before I could take a picture. He'll be back.
  • triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    One ran down my street the other day. It had a squirrel in its mouth. Very cool animals.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    I thought they'd never add them.

pn0yXtX.jpg

They watch the forums, and I'd like to believe this was no accident. ;)
    gluadmin wrote: »

In which case I'd quite like to see kangaroos, tapirs, capybara, wild horses, and maybe some non-mammalian animals, eg crocodiles. :)
    And as I've said above, a British region probably wouldn't be particularly welcome. ;)
  • triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »

So does that mean we should expect region 17 to be back in North America? We've been clamoring for that for quite some time. The last standard region that was in NA was region 10. I think that came out in April.
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    Uk offers reds / roe / fallow / Sika / muntjac and Chinese water deer as well as pheasant / partridge / grouse / ptarmigan / duck / goose / wood pigeon / wood**** / snipe / golden plover / Jay / magpie / crow/ jackdaw / rook / collared dove/ coot/ moorhen / hare and rabbit so I'd be gutted if dh2014 doesn't include a United kingdom region!
    Certainly wouldn't be any predator hunts though, and it would be the first region not to feature any bovids, unless they included domestic cattle. Then again, glu would probably just put wolves, bears and golden takin in to make it more interesting. ;)
    There debating reintroducing wolves strangely and we have boars maybe they could do a zoo escape uk region
    Yeah there are boars in the Forest of Dean, but I can't see the wolf reintroduction going ahead, as much as I would like it to. Do you live in the UK?
    Yarp coming from kent pluckly has an escaped wallaby and Cranbrook a black puma also tenterden has wild boars
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    So does that mean we should expect region 17 to be back in North America? We've been clamoring for that for quite some time. The last standard region that was in NA was region 10. I think that came out in April.

I love how you read into it soooo much. Don't want to set any expectations here. ;)