Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

They finally got me

OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
Since the update I've had my fair share of problems. We know what they are so I'll leave that alone. Turf stated and all was well ( as much as can be expected). Last night it started getting laggy. So much so I called it a night and went to bed. Today I have been playing off and on ( more off than on ). Lag was real bad and continued to get worse. Now, as the title states, they got me. IF I can get logged in it takes forever to do anything. IF I get a chance to race it crashes before I get the results. So I win the race but don't get the points for the win. In the last half hour it just won't load or I get an error. It's real hard to stand by a company that has so many issues and a product that seems to be failing at the moment. If I was new and just downloaded this app it would quickly be deleted and the search for another game would resume.

Comments

• Options
    lrmest1991lrmest1991 Registered Users 864 Posts
    This is what I got from RR Ryystron "Okay, I believe our next update has things going in it that should help with the stability of the 4th gen iPhones. We hope to submit it to Apple soon, then we just wait on their approval."
    http://racingrivalsforum.ciegames.com/forum/the-neighborhood/talk-about-racing-rivals/172654-progress-report-from-the-racing-rivals-team

If you are on a 4th gen Idevice this is what I have been doing to "kinda" help. delete app and turn off device, then restart and re-download app. kinda a process but it helps "kinda" stabilize the game. When turfing don't try to talk in lobby chat or team chat or your game will most likely crash. When race is over just gotta wait it out until you can click next.

apparently they sent something about all of our problems to apple around the date 7/11/14 and said would take around 10 days for a response so I guess we get to just play the waiting game now.
  • Options
    roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    .. If I was new and just downloaded this app it would quickly be deleted and the search for another game would resume.

Amen to that! The only thing holding me here is I know how nice this game was, and I'm hoping they'll bring it back soon...
  • Options
    protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    Things are going to get better guys I'm sorry you're having trouble on you're Apple's
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Hemi, Huey is using a iPhone 5s also, his runs smooth. Maybe try reinstalling? Freeing up some space? I dunno, but I'm sure there's a local reason man.
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Also, make sure you have no other apps running while you play. That helps too
  • Options
    kruller1kruller1 Registered Users 184 Posts
    To my understanding tomorrow is the day for the "big fix". I guess we'll see