Options

Crash in the start load screen

After I download the region 5, I have been unable to play because I get the start up screen with the GLU log and then it takes me back to my home screen?? I've tried everything from restarting my phone and putting the phone on air plane mode, but still the same. I have the iPhone 4 with the lastest software.

Comments

• Options
    TyoTyo Registered Users 13 Posts
    Hi Darkodus,

We are investigating this issue. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
  • Options
    dhunterinvadhunterinva Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am having this same problem and I am unwilling to delete and reinstall. Please help!!!
    Tyo wrote: »
    Hi Darkodus,

We are investigating this issue. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
  • Options
    DarkodusDarkodus Registered Users 3 Posts
    Yeah I won't delete it but hopefull it gets fix soon.
  • Options
    Hunter-426Hunter-426 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I topped out area 5 and was waiting on area 6 but now my game crashes when I try to open it. This happened to me before on area 3 and I uninstalled it and started over but now I don't want to loose everything again. Can you help?
  • Options
    LynnebcokerLynnebcoker Registered Users 2 Posts
    Mine is doing the same thing- is a fix coming soon?
  • Options
    tmraketmrake Registered Users 2 Posts
    Yeah I'm in the same boat now. Can't open. Hope they post an update on the fix
  • Options
    undareundare Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am in region 6 and have completed the trophy hunt as well as the region 6 hunt. As of yesterday evening I am unable to connect for some odd reason. When do you plan to fix this issue?
  • Options
    TyoTyo Registered Users 13 Posts
    I'm sorry to hear you all are experiencing this issue. Very frustrating! The issue should be fixed in the next version of Deer Hunter.

In the meantime, you might be able to get around the problem by:

1. Shutting down Deer Hunter
    2. Having a strong wifi connection
    3. Giving the game some time on the updating screen
  • Options
    DarkodusDarkodus Registered Users 3 Posts
    I tried that and it's still crashing.
  • Options
    GuncollectorGuncollector Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have had the same problems for the last few days. I ha this happen before and deleted the app and re downloaded the game. I started all over and within an hour of spending $19.99 on gold that never showed on my game, it has started again. Please fix this issue
  • Options
    SmairsSmairs Registered Users 15 Posts
    I too had the problem....after waiting for a response (and trying everything to fix it) I downloaded iCleaner (I'm using an iPad) ran it....and I am up and running again without any issues!!!! Something to try
  • Options
    IhateCrappyProgrammingIhateCrappyProgramming Registered Users 49 Posts
    GLU's reply to my ticket on this issue:

"The fix for the problem you are reporting should be getting a release through Apple soon. We are working as fast as we can on completing this update. App releases around the holidays can take longer than usual; this means we are unfortunately unable to give an exact release date at this time. We appreciate your patience while the update is prepared."
  • Options
    Smairs wrote: »
    I too had the problem....after waiting for a response (and trying everything to fix it) I downloaded iCleaner (I'm using an iPad) ran it....and I am up and running again without any issues!!!! Something to try

Did you also clean up the temporary files?
  • Options
    SmairsSmairs Registered Users 15 Posts
    Yes...I cleaned everything.....
  • Options
    WUS-WUSWUS-WUS Registered Users 204 Posts
    Good news hope it works for everyone else
  • Options
    Edward.mccrearyEdward.mccreary Registered Users 4 Posts
    Icleaner didnt work and it is not an apple issue the other iphone on my plan works fine
  • Options
    Icleaner didnt work and it is not an apple issue the other iphone on my plan works fine

Didn't work for me either. Seems like its a problem when trying to play offline (without a WiFi connection). Happened twice to me on IPad and once on iPhone, all times when trying to play in airplane mode.
  • Options
    SHONUFTUFSHONUFTUF Registered Users 4 Posts
    What is going on with glu?!?!?! You finally come out w/a 5.0 worthy game, u finally develop a game that i am willing 2 spend money on(alota $ because ur add ons aint cheap!!!) & as soon as i subscribe 2 get the weapons i want the game starts crashing on the start up screen?!?!?! REALLY PEOPLE?!?! I NEED HELP GETTING THESE ISSUES RESOLVED ASAP!!!! I have a samsung galaxy s2. I have a high speed internet connection. * I have deleted numerous games & apps 2 free space 4 this game & still it crashes on take off. Screen read checking for updates for aprox. 1-2 mins, switches to preparing deer hunter for aproc. 5-10 seconds & then shuts down completely & boits me back out to my app home screen! WTF?!?!?! I feel like u folks just screwed me over, took my $ & r taking ur sweet time about fixing these issues. Would b the #1 game bar none if u folks fix this BS & stopped the ads from completely shutting down gameplay.
  • Options
    SHONUFTUFSHONUFTUF Registered Users 4 Posts
    Finally took the plunge & bought the spirit of giving pack. Got some of the best guns available & n less than 72 hrs I cant even get past the start up screen. Pissed off & extremely frustrated doesnt begin to describe what im feeling rite now. If this aint fixed or resolved very soon im thru with glu & will b advising everyone I know to avoid glu like the plague. Expensive as hell & I still spent money on it & this is how u treat paying customers?!?!?!
  • Options
    Kai HugKai Hug Registered Users 1 Posts
    Super Spiel aber seit dem update hangt es sich nur noch auf! Die Macher des Spiels verdienen genug Geld mit Werbung und In App kaufen , da muss auf jeden Fall eine gute Entschädigung für die Spieler her die schon ewig darauf warten das der Fehler mal behoben wird!!!
  • Options
    Alan1572Alan1572 Registered Users 34 Posts
    I couldn't have said it better myself