Options

Holiday hunts coming out on the 12th

g 78 33g 78 33 Registered Users 158 Posts
Holiday hunts are coming out on the 12 th of December which is great but I was looking forward to region 7

Comments

• Options
    JexWangJexWang Registered Users 9 Posts
    Wonder what to expect in this hunt. Kinda excited my self!:cool:
  • Options
    I saw polar bears and Rudolph believe it or not can't remember the third one in the promo pic
  • Options
    WUS-WUSWUS-WUS Registered Users 204 Posts
    Sweet can't wait
  • Options
    Polar bears, red-nosed deer, and what looked like an angry snowmen.
  • Options
    hendoggerhendogger Registered Users 14 Posts
    WUS-WUS wrote: »
    Polar bears, red-nosed deer, and what looked like an angry snowmen.

Where's the holiday hunt? I am locked and loaded and ready to take aim just in front of Santa's sleigh.
  • Options
    I hear you where is the hunt? This day is half over already no new hunt yet.
  • Options
    I was expecting to be hunting something different today, pretty disappointed
  • Options
    ShiftlessDrifterShiftlessDrifter Registered Users 52 Posts
    Big surprise it's not here yet. Region 7 was supposed to be here already, too. Glu should practice the expression "under-promise, over-deliver"; not the opposite.
  • Options
    Flyboi33Flyboi33 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I wainting on the holiday hunt also.. I even bought 3 holiday hunt guns...
  • Options
    Some of the hunts are impossible found two shotgun levels on region 5-6 where the animals are never close enough to do any damage to,shot some of them like 10 times and all it says is hit and I've shot them 10 times with a region 6 shotgun
  • Options
    You need the gold guns for that because of their speed of killing I ain't buying them I will just finish what I can.
  • Options
    xCursedxRavenxxCursedxRavenx Registered Users 1 Posts
    You need the gold guns for that because of their speed of killing I ain't buying them I will just finish what I can.

I've done it with the regular guns. Here is a tip. Snipe most of them right when they appear. If it become too overwhelming as they come out, let 1 or 2 slip through as you shoot the new incomers so that their respawn rate becomes faster. When the ones that slipped through get close enough, switch to shotty and take them out quick. Then quickly go back to sniper. It helps to have high capacity in the guns to avoid long reload times. ^.-
  • Options
    I'm talking about the shotgun levels where you have to kill like 5 or 6 rams or something the shotgun just does not one shot kill animals, without the special holiday gold shot to there is no way to get a assault rifle in there. The animals runh too far away the best I have gotten is 3/5.
  • Options
    This is a little frustrating. Why do some people have holiday hunts and not others? I've completed the game to Region 6, I'm about to hit Level 40, I don't get it.
  • Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Registered Users 17 Posts
    If you are on Android, go to Google Play, click the top left, go to My Apps, update all. Its about 46MB.

I'm having no problem with the Region 6 holiday hunts, though I do have the top end Region 6 shotgun. I did buy both the cash holiday guns and fully upgraded them. They can be used for several of the Region 6 hunts no matter the lower power. Full auto assault rifle duck hunting anyone?

Happy Hunting!
  • Options
    Every time this game restarts I lose everything after region 3 my gold my kills and my money it sucks because I can't get far enough into rare hunts before it resets and I start all over again,frustrating
  • Options
    g 78 33 did you try http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?87238-Deer-Hunter-14-1-2-Hangs-and-You!-iOS-device-version-ADVANCED-USERS-ONLY ? It doesn't say its specifically for your issue but it might help since I think you mentioned earlier you were on iOS.
  • Options
    Oh this is just great. I went to the Google Play store and finally found the update for Deer Hunter. I installed it. But when I went to open the game it now gets stuck at the loading screen:

xumDDxL.png

WHY? WHY???

It won't move beyond this point. I filed a support ticket but I have no idea if I'll get a response. This is really depressing. I read somewhere that if you uninstall and reinstall the game you might lose your game history, and I definitely don't want that to happen. This stinks! Is this happening to anyone else?

Edit: vvv Tried that, thanks. Unfortunately it didn't work.
    Edit 2: This is now resolved, thankfully! url=http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?88915-Deer-Hunter-1-2-Android-Users]Thread here[/url
  • Options
    Try plugging your phone into your desktop/lap via USB, then start deer hunter on your phone. Don't know if this will fix it but it's worth a try.

PS: Once/If you get in game, go through each region and download the maps before unplugging from your computer.
  • Options
    AndyLaRueAndyLaRue Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hey does anyone know if I buy one of these holiday guns, (specifically the fifty G SnowPlow shotgun), will I be able to use it in all the other hunts?
    I'm thinking it might be a good investment in the long run.
    Please let me know. :)
  • Options
    faiferfaifer Registered Users 11 Posts
    I'm talking about the shotgun levels where you have to kill like 5 or 6 rams or something the shotgun just does not one shot kill animals, without the special holiday gold shot to there is no way to get a assault rifle in there. The animals runh too far away the best I have gotten is 3/5.

Yeah, annoying as hell. I finished the first ram hunt 21/30 lvl 6 by using a fully upgraded lvl6 shotgun, energy drink and that hollow-point ammunition. Zoom in and kill the 3 rams on the right with headshots then race to the left and hit the ones leaving the screen to the left before they get away. Unfortunately 2 events later 23/30 its rams again... and i do not know if it is worth it to waste energy drinks for that. Let alone mating calls. (You cannot rebuy that stuff, right?)

Edit: 1 Wasted 3 Hollow Point Ammo on those rams. The third for a kill 15 onrushing rams in 90sec hunt which was near impossible (i got 12-13 without extra damage). Unfortunately it is NOT possible to finish the event. You need a 16 shot-capacity shotgun for another ram hunt (27/30 and 6 rams this time) and the snow plug only has 14shots max. IN SHORT IT IS NOT WORTH IT! At least the Assault-Rifle events are finishable :)
    Oh this is just great. I went to the Google Play store and finally found the update for Deer Hunter. I installed it. But when I went to open the game it now gets stuck at the loading screen:

xumDDxL.png

WHY? WHY???

It won't move beyond this point. I filed a support ticket but I have no idea if I'll get a response. This is really depressing. I read somewhere that if you uninstall and reinstall the game you might lose your game history, and I definitely don't want that to happen. This stinks! Is this happening to anyone else?

Edit: vvv Tried that, thanks. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Went through the same crap on my Nexus 7. If you are using google+/cloud saves then deleting the app cache and app data, followed by uninstalling and reinstalling DH 2014 will help. You will not lose your progress that way, since you will get it back by logging into google+. If you have only local saves then you are screwed unless someone knows which files store your gold- and level-progress for backup purposes.
  • Options
    I got past the two ram hunts with the region 6 shotgun it only took me 40 attempts but I didn't use anything you pretty much just have to get lucky, but the kicker is that once you get past them there is a level where you only have to kill 15 rams! I,ve only managed to get 14 of them once,but my games all screwed up and won't save my progress so even though I made it that far I lost all of it.
  • Options
    faifer wrote: »
    Went through the same crap on my Nexus 7. If you are using google+/cloud saves then deleting the app cache and app data, followed by uninstalling and reinstalling DH 2014 will help. You will not lose your progress that way, since you will get it back by logging into google+. If you have only local saves then you are screwed unless someone knows which files store your gold- and level-progress for backup purposes.

I'm very weary of doing this. The whole local vs. cloud thing has been a screw-up for a lot of people. I may do it just to get myself back in the game, but I might have to start over from the beginning, without the weapons I bought and without the money and coins that I earned. I really want to do this only as a last resort. I've read too many horror stories of people uninstalling and reinstalling and going back to zero again. I had always saved progress locally after hearing from people who had saved on the cloud and then lost their progress. So I really don't know where to take this. I'm going to wait until I hear from glu. Maybe they can restore my game via the cloud, who knows. I don't want to uninstall it just yet. However, if it comes down to the point where I'm not getting the support I need I will absolutely do this. And if I have to start over from the beginning, so be it. It will suck big time, but it will probably be a lot easier because I've been playing for a while now and know how to take out these animals quickly.
  • Options
    BmenellBmenell Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have this same problem where the rams are too far away for the shotguns to do any damage. I refuse to buy a bunch of special stuff to get last it, so I guess I'm just dropping this game, and off to a different one.
  • Options
    faiferfaifer Registered Users 11 Posts
    The whole local vs. cloud thing has been a screw-up for a lot of people. ... I've read too many horror stories of people uninstalling and reinstalling and going back to zero again. I had always saved progress locally after hearing from people who had saved on the cloud and then lost their progress. So I really don't know where to take this. .

In my personal experience the cloud saves work fine. As soon as you connect with a local save which differs from the cloud save, the game asks you specifically which save to load. If you load the wrong one your progress is gone. I guess there lies the main reason for screwed up cloud-saves - human error. But seriously, be careful. If there is one savegame with lvl 1 and 0 hunts and one with lvl 30 and 800 hunts DONT choose to restore the 0 hunt one :)

Btw. I only speak for me, i play on a nexus 4 and a nexus 7. Since the new update i had to reset the dh 2014 installation on my nexus 7 twice (preparing deer hunter...), on the nexus 4 it works like a charm and i dont have any problems with cloud saves on either device
  • Options
    Sethd1975Sethd1975 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 0 Posts
    I'm right there too
    Have tried over 20 times
    All maxed out. Frustrating.
  • Options
    I ended up using animal calls to finish these impossible levels for 15 gold to find I out that level 27/30 you need the best holiday shotgun to continue with, should have known they would make it like this but didn't mind spending the gold I have since I don't spend it much anyway. Maybe when I get some money I might buy the best stuff for next holiday event.