Options

my own strategy to quickly reach region 6

undergndundergnd Registered Users 2 Posts
i downloaded dh2014 last tuesday, december 10th, 2013.
today is december 16th, 2013, so i played it for a week.
i'm currently level 25 with 87462 money and 29 gold.
i never used gold during the game play.
i use iphone 5 with ios 7.

my current weapon list is:
* rifles
- grantham model 500 (basic region 1, full upgrade)
- westin warfighter (region 3, full upgrade)
- grantham huntsman (region 6, full upgrade)
* assault rifles
- clayton cavalier (region 6, full upgrade)
* shotguns
- grantham swordfish (basic region 1, minimal upgrade for capacity and firepower)
- clayton commando (region 6, full upgrade)
* pistols
- clayton sportsman (region 1, no upgrade)
- hauer tactx (region 6, full upgrade)

on the first day of the game, i realized that this game is made to squeeze money from players rather than to give pleasure to them.
however, this is "the free" game. so, i decided to enjoy only free parts.
here's my strategy.

in region 1,
1. upgrade the rifle (grantham model 500, basic region 1) only during the game play
2. no upgrade for shotgun (grantham swordfish, basic region 1)

in region 2,
1. don't buy rifle or upgrade shotgun. there is enough time for multiple shots for one target. upgrade grantham model 500, basic region 1 rifle to maximum and saving money from contract hunt.
2. with basic rifle with maximum upgrade, you can play in region 3. remember, you can shot a target multiple times.
3. when you save enough money, buy westin warfighter, region 3 rifle and start upgrade it.

in region 3,
1. upgrade westin warfighter (region 3) to maximum

in region 4,
1. do contract hunt to buy clayton commando (region 6) shotgun.
2. buy clayton commando once you can afford it.

in region 5,
1. do contract hunt to buy grantham huntsman (region 6 rifle).
2. upgrade grantham huntsman (region 6 rifle) to maximum.
3. buy clayton cavalier (region 6 assault rifle).

in region 6,
1. upgrade clayton commando (region 6 shotgun) to maximum.
2. upgrade clayton cavalier (region 6 assault rifle) to maximum.
3. buy hauer tactx (region 6) pistol and upgrade to maximum.

it took seven days to reach current status.
i never spent a penny for this game.
i decided not to play "f~~~ing" holiday stuff. frankly speaking, that's ridiculous. why do i need to pay money to kill innocent holiday deer?
so i strictly played only free part.

tips:
* zoom lenses for shotgun and pistol are not that helpful. keep them minimal as you need. however, i upgraded them to maximum but i still use level 1-2 lenses for shotgun and pistol.
* once you buy clayton cavalier (region 6 assault rifle), you can play most of the missions with this. you don't need zoom in many cases. that align the target little bit behind of reticle and shoot. i do ducks with this, also.
* rifle is very useful than assault rifle. you don't need to buy assault rifle at all to reach level 6. multiple shots using rifle and swapping to shotgun can cover not having assault rifle.
* headshot is very effective. if there is no restriction, aim head.
* i never used recall, energy drinks, and hollow something (i still don't know what it is, even though it is listed in achievement list). just played it again and again.

overall:
i think dh2014 is well made game. it is undeniable fact. however, that fact is undermined by greed of glu, especially holiday stuff and ridiculously high price of money and golds. considering that i'm not interested in killing holiday animals, it is quite enjoyable.

epilogue
this is my subjective view and strategy for this particular game. i'm sure that there are many better strategies to enjoy this game. if you have better idea, please feel free to comment on this post. thank you for reading.

Comments

• Options
    ShiftlessDrifterShiftlessDrifter Registered Users 52 Posts
    Thanks for posting, that sounds like an excellent strategy. My game is currently screwed up right now and I can't even get into it. I'm waiting on support to hopefully help me. But if I'm forced to uninstall/reinstall I will probably follow your guide as it seems to be very practical.
  • Options
    shep3369shep3369 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I downloaded the game when the first 3 regions were already out so my strategies were a bit different. Since they seem to release a new region every 1-2 months, I could play the latest region until I had enough money to buy the next regions weapons and upgrade them as needed.

In your strategy I see you bought all 4 region 6 weapons and maxed them out. Why did you do this? The only region 6 weapon I have maxed out is the rifle. The shotgun and assault rifle I only upgraded to the point before having to "import" the upgrades, so they are only half way to max. The pistol, pointless. I haven't bought a pistol since region 1.

I'm with you though, I don't waste time on holiday hunts. Region 7 is hopefully coming out soon so I'm saving my money from hunts for that.
  • Options
    haaheohaaheo Registered Users 9 Posts
    Nice post ty kindly
  • Options
    Dub jaysDub jays Registered Users 1 Posts
    undergnd wrote: »
    i downloaded dh2014 last tuesday, december 10th, 2013.
    today is december 16th, 2013, so i played it for a week.
    i'm currently level 25 with 87462 money and 29 gold.
    i never used gold during the game play.
    i use iphone 5 with ios 7.

my current weapon list is:
    * rifles
    - grantham model 500 (basic region 1, full upgrade)
    - westin warfighter (region 3, full upgrade)
    - grantham huntsman (region 6, full upgrade)
    * assault rifles
    - clayton cavalier (region 6, full upgrade)
    * shotguns
    - grantham swordfish (basic region 1, minimal upgrade for capacity and firepower)
    - clayton commando (region 6, full upgrade)
    * pistols
    - clayton sportsman (region 1, no upgrade)
    - hauer tactx (region 6, full upgrade)

on the first day of the game, i realized that this game is made to squeeze money from players rather than to give pleasure to them.
    however, this is "the free" game. so, i decided to enjoy only free parts.
    here's my strategy.

in region 1,
    1. upgrade the rifle (grantham model 500, basic region 1) only during the game play
    2. no upgrade for shotgun (grantham swordfish, basic region 1)

in region 2,
    1. don't buy rifle or upgrade shotgun. there is enough time for multiple shots for one target. upgrade grantham model 500, basic region 1 rifle to maximum and saving money from contract hunt.
    2. with basic rifle with maximum upgrade, you can play in region 3. remember, you can shot a target multiple times.
    3. when you save enough money, buy westin warfighter, region 3 rifle and start upgrade it.

in region 3,
    1. upgrade westin warfighter (region 3) to maximum

in region 4,
    1. do contract hunt to buy clayton commando (region 6) shotgun.
    2. buy clayton commando once you can afford it.

in region 5,
    1. do contract hunt to buy grantham huntsman (region 6 rifle).
    2. upgrade grantham huntsman (region 6 rifle) to maximum.
    3. buy clayton cavalier (region 6 assault rifle).

in region 6,
    1. upgrade clayton commando (region 6 shotgun) to maximum.
    2. upgrade clayton cavalier (region 6 assault rifle) to maximum.
    3. buy hauer tactx (region 6) pistol and upgrade to maximum.

it took seven days to reach current status.
    i never spent a penny for this game.
    i decided not to play "f~~~ing" holiday stuff. frankly speaking, that's ridiculous. why do i need to pay money to kill innocent holiday deer?
    so i strictly played only free part.

tips:
    * zoom lenses for shotgun and pistol are not that helpful. keep them minimal as you need. however, i upgraded them to maximum but i still use level 1-2 lenses for shotgun and pistol.
    * once you buy clayton cavalier (region 6 assault rifle), you can play most of the missions with this. you don't need zoom in many cases. that align the target little bit behind of reticle and shoot. i do ducks with this, also.
    * rifle is very useful than assault rifle. you don't need to buy assault rifle at all to reach level 6. multiple shots using rifle and swapping to shotgun can cover not having assault rifle.
    * headshot is very effective. if there is no restriction, aim head.
    * i never used recall, energy drinks, and hollow something (i still don't know what it is, even though it is listed in achievement list). just played it again and again.

overall:
    i think dh2014 is well made game. it is undeniable fact. however, that fact is undermined by greed of glu, especially holiday stuff and ridiculously high price of money and golds. considering that i'm not interested in killing holiday animals, it is quite enjoyable.

epilogue
    this is my subjective view and strategy for this particular game. i'm sure that there are many better strategies to enjoy this game. if you have better idea, please feel free to comment on this post. thank you for reading.

In region 4 you say you used Westin to do trophy hunts?! Not possible based on requirements for me.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    That is a very good point, you wouldn't be able to reach region 5 with a Westin Warfighter!
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    One thing that will speed things up is to buy a nice pistol and upgrade it. A pistol a region higher than you are in can do anything that region's assault rifles can at a much cheaper price. I even hunt ducks with it! I'm almost finished with 6 and still have never bought an assault rifle.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    SHRUÐESHRUÐE Registered Users 6 Posts
    Once i upgraded my Grantham Huntsman all the way I knocked off the Bear in Region 5 then was able to do all the trophy hunts in R6 before i touched any of the other R6 hunts, started R7 but then soon enough needed the bucks to get a new rifle and shotty, so back to R6 to do all the other hunts.