Options

"Preparing Deer Hunter"

Out of the blue, when I closed and reopened Deer Hunter this afternoon, the game got perpetually stuck at the loading screen saying "Preparing Deer Hunter".

I thought I'd wait for an update and just not play until the issue was resolved (hopefully) and not have to worry about potentially losing progress if I un and reinstalled the app to try to get it to work. Then, it occurred to me that even if I did lose progress, it would probably take me the same amount of time to redo all of that than to wait.

I un and reinstalled and ended up losing more progress than I thought I would. An entire region, to be exact. Very disappointing. (Yes, I do save on the cloud, but that failed for some reason.)

I do not want to come off with a sense of entitlement as this is a free game and I have not purchased any extras with my own money. I just wanted to express my frustration with the bug and that it makes me hesitant to spend money on the game in the future.

I do want to say that I enjoy the game tremendously and would love to see more support and updates. I would be more than willing to spend a few dollars on a premium version that would be ad-free and hopefully make you all a bit of extra money to offer more support and updates.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Out of the blue, when I closed and reopened Deer Hunter this afternoon, the game got perpetually stuck at the loading screen saying "Preparing Deer Hunter".

I thought I'd wait for an update and just not play until the issue was resolved (hopefully) and not have to worry about potentially losing progress if I un and reinstalled the app to try to get it to work. Then, it occurred to me that even if I did lose progress, it would probably take me the same amount of time to redo all of that than to wait.

I un and reinstalled and ended up losing more progress than I thought I would. An entire region, to be exact. Very disappointing. (Yes, I do save on the cloud, but that failed for some reason.)

I do not want to come off with a sense of entitlement as this is a free game and I have not purchased any extras with my own money. I just wanted to express my frustration with the bug and that it makes me hesitant to spend money on the game in the future.

I do want to say that I enjoy the game tremendously and would love to see more support and updates. I would be more than willing to spend a few dollars on a premium version that would be ad-free and hopefully make you all a bit of extra money to offer more support and updates.

Thanks!

Same here, stuck on preparing deer hunter load page...
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Same with me. I’m on about my 4th time through Region 2 now. Love the game, but hate the bugs.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Options
    WoodyWoody Registered Users 57 Posts
    I got hit with the bug too pretty frustrated since ive 2nd in all hunts on android hope a fix comes soon I kinda digged the christmas hunts
  • Options
    Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Sunny Thai wrote: »
    Same with me. I’m on about my 4th time through Region 2 now. Love the game, but hate the bugs.

Halfway through Region 2 for the 4th time. Locked up again on preparing screen. WTF? I saved to cloud, and it took me back to the start of Region 2, but locked up again on hunt #16
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Options
    sunshnnscsunshnnsc Registered Users 4 Posts
    I am also stuck on the "Preparing Deer Hunter" screen and if I have to uninstall/reinstall and lose progress this will be my 6th or 7th time. I love this game but goodness they can't seem to work the glitches out and the "support" leaves a lot to be desired. I have spent money and hate to lose it all....again especially since I am almost finished with Region 6. :mad:
  • Options
    okay, Glu fixed the problem. you can now uninstall the game and reinstall the December 17th update from Google play, make sure to sign in with your account and hope your data is retrieved from the cloud. you will need to reload the maps. I did not lose any progress or money... but it is a matter of luck.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    okay, Glu fixed the problem. you can now uninstall the game and reinstall the December 17th update from Google play, make sure to sign in with your account and hope your data is retrieved from the cloud. you will need to reload the maps. I did not lose any progress or money... but it is a matter of luck.

We do not advise uninstalling! While a handful of users may have success, if you uninstall, you may lose all of your progress.
  • Options
    WoodyWoody Registered Users 57 Posts
    New update on android fixdx the preparing deer hunter for me the one with the Rudolph icon
  • Options
    ShiftlessDrifterShiftlessDrifter Registered Users 52 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    We do not advise uninstalling! While a handful of users may have success, if you uninstall, you may lose all of your progress.

You should have made this more clear, but your team is not exactly great on communication. You make a faulty product, people start posting threads about it and submitting tickets, you do nothing and don't respond in a timely manner, and people get desperate. Unfortunately I'm probably one of the ones who has lost everything for good. I'm furious. And you people are totally incompetent. I'm speaking directly to you: YOU HAVE FAILED US.
  • Options
    my game worked after reinstalling... holiday hunts there... do i need to install updates?