Options

This is customer care?

The development team is different from the Customer Care team which is also different from the team on the forums. We have posted multiple threads addressing issues as we have answers. This thread is now closed.

- the site admins close a thread because users of their game actually can see that they are not the only ones being affected by Glu's inability to address a major problem with their game? I also saw this which made me laugh (cynically):

If you have any questions regarding your account currency or your purchases or anything related to a transaction on your account:

You are required to submit a ticket to our Customer Care team and address the issue via email here: http://glumobile.custhelp.com/app/ask No such private and personal matters will be allowed on the open forum.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

- Glu doesn't seem to want to take any responsibility for the fact that their programmers errors (or server problems) have resulted in many people losing money from playing their game (via loss of purchased Glu Credits). So when you don't get a satisfactory result to your issues, Glu in no way wants you to spread the word to other users, who potentially could face the same problems others have in having their credits returns. I smell a law-suit of some sort coming down. I've lost Glu credits and my "ticket" response says..."solved" yet I didn't see any of my used/lost credits returned to me.

Sad that a game that is fun is ultimately ruined by terrible customer service and an inability to test things properly before releasing it onto the market.

Comments

• Options
    ShiftlessDrifterShiftlessDrifter Registered Users 52 Posts
    Yes, once we start getting riled up due to the inefficiencies of this game and the lack of support, (ever try submitting a ticket? They mark it "Solved" before it's actually fixed), they close threads here on the forums. Nice solution, glu. Stay classy!
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    JSPark2013 wrote: »
    The development team is different from the Customer Care team which is also different from the team on the forums. We have posted multiple threads addressing issues as we have answers. This thread is now closed.

- the site admins close a thread because users of their game actually can see that they are not the only ones being affected by Glu's inability to address a major problem with their game? I also saw this which made me laugh (cynically):

If you have any questions regarding your account currency or your purchases or anything related to a transaction on your account:

You are required to submit a ticket to our Customer Care team and address the issue via email here: http://glumobile.custhelp.com/app/ask No such private and personal matters will be allowed on the open forum.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

- Glu doesn't seem to want to take any responsibility for the fact that their programmers errors (or server problems) have resulted in many people losing money from playing their game (via loss of purchased Glu Credits). So when you don't get a satisfactory result to your issues, Glu in no way wants you to spread the word to other users, who potentially could face the same problems others have in having their credits returns. I smell a law-suit of some sort coming down. I've lost Glu credits and my "ticket" response says..."solved" yet I didn't see any of my used/lost credits returned to me.

Sad that a game that is fun is ultimately ruined by terrible customer service and an inability to test things properly before releasing it onto the market.

This is simply inaccurate. We close threads when they become abusive, repetitive, or are in the wrong area. Clearly, we are not stopping anyone from discussing their issues within the game, as evidenced by the dozens of threads on those topics.

We do not have visibility into your account and we can only provide answers as we have them. If we do not have answers, we cannot provide them.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Let's review the rules of the forums: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?110-Glu-Forum-Rules

Welcome to the Glu Forums! Please see the below guidelines to ensure a fun and safe posting experience:

Please do not:

• Discuss locked threads or staff / moderator disciplinary actions
    • Flame, troll, or otherwise be a nuisance
    • Go off topic (Unless in a specific off-topic thread)
    • Hijack, Spam, or advertise any product and / or service
    • Insult or harass any player or staff member
    • POST ALL IN CAPS
    • Post any content or engage in discussion about non-Glu games
    • Post any form of nudity or sexual content
    • Post any form or racist or discriminatory content
    • Reveal your or anyone else's personal information
    • Swear or use any obscenities
    • Repeatedly bump a thread without adding new content

Any inappropriate or illegal activities occurring on the forum will be handled according to our Terms of Use that are posted on our website at http://www.glu.com/terms. Section 3(l) of our Terms of Use contains examples of behaviors that violate our Terms of Use, though this is not an exhaustive list. Any conduct that violates our Terms of Use will result in the revocation of the licenses granted to you to use the forum and other Glu applications and, with respect to suspicious or illegal activities, we may report such suspicious or illegal activities to the proper authorities.

Thank you for your cooperation and for being a part of the Glu community!
  • Options
    JSPark2013JSPark2013 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Appreciate the refresher on discussion forum etiquette...however I would have preferred a response that would look something like this.

We understand the frustration users of DH14 are experiencing. We are currently dealing with (insert problem), which is causing issues with saving progress in the game. We anticipate that the problem will be resolved in (insert time frame). We appreciate your patience.

If you have lost Glu Credits due to this technical problem, please contact us at....

- then temporary shut down the server (and update current users with a nice splash message saying you are experiencing technical difficulties) and fix the problem.

Part of the problem you are dealing with on this forum is that people play and keep playing and then see their progress go unrewarded (after all your whole game is based on a rewards and upgrade system). The more they play and go nowhere the more frustrated they become. Simply acknowledge the problem, let users know...then fix it.

I find it ironic that I get "notifications" from the game that an upgrade has arrived, or that my energy is full - but than I start back to where my game was last saved. So thanks for the notifications on the non-existing upgrade.